+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Finger prints showing Widrawn Case!

April2013CEC

Apr 28, 2014
CIC requested for RCMP Police Certificate by finger prints.I applied electronically with my husband but after 3days my husband got his PCC stating NEGATIVE MATCH,mine took 120 days to process and when I got it it's says POSITIVE MATCH.I was charge with theft under $5000 but applied for Alternative Measure Program and got my case Widrawn after doing community service..I dont have a criminal record but my i have positive finger prints..Is it gonna affect my CEC Application??seniors pls advice!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It might, but what choice do you have? If you don't submit the report, your application will be refused. If the "withdrawn" part doesn't show on the report, you'll have to explain and document it. You might also have to consider whether you were truthful on the application form about your arrest..

Reactions: Ivric

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I would "advice" you to look at the page on overcoming criminal convictions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

Does the PCC say anything about a conviction?

April2013CEC

Apr 28, 2014
On my Police Certificate it says no Criminal Record that is base on name,birthdate.They requested Biometrics before I recieve my medical request,when I found out that it will take 120 days I sent them a letter that i will send as soon as I recieve it,got another letter from CIC asking for POlice Certificate from RCMP,that PCC says No Criminal Record base on Name,Birthday.send it to them and got my Med Req on Jan 5,paid PPRF and biodate the following day,and until now I haven't heard anything from CIC.now I'm so worried maybe bec of that positve fingerprints..dont know what to do or maybe I'm just being paranoid..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Technically you were not convicted, so failing to comply with CIC's request would likely have a worse outcome then sending the RCMP clearance. But if you are really concerned, you should see a lawyer.

This may be of interest -
http://www.johnhoward.ab.ca/pub/A5.htm#Q8

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
One of my friend, sent his RCMP check in January, has similar kinda problem. Wasn't convicted but on RCMP had a positive match and under non conviction it was saying stay of proceeding. Means he wasn't convicted. He sent his RCMP in middle of Febuary. And a few days ago got Medical request and RPRF. So i guess, they sent hin RPRF and medical after they received the RCMP. Didn't seem like affected.

simar.invincible

Jul 1, 2014
hi i am in same boat. my fingerprints stated positive for withdrawn assault case. i still have not recieved MR. Please let me know ur status.

virat.kohli

Jan 8, 2015
simar.invincible said:
hi i am in same boat. my fingerprints stated positive for withdrawn assault case. i still have not recieved MR. Please let me know ur status.
hey simar,
Actually im liltle worried about same, i sent my fingerprints yesterday.
i got charged for assault & had signed peace bond 2 years ago(already expired an year ago though). was that a same case with you.
Thanks

baj

Nov 30, 2014
virat and simer can u share ur experiences with me what were ur charges and what happen to ur cases!!!

virat.kohli

Jan 8, 2015
Hey,
I got charged for domestic assault, which i neva did though. My neighbours made police call & all. As per court i have to sign a PEACE BONd which is not plead guilty, NO criminal record. It means that my charges are withdrawn, i have to keep good behaviour for 12 months. its already finish last year. I had sent my fingerprints for RCMP check didn`t hear anything from them so far. **fingers crossed**
What about you ?
virat

simar.invincible

Jul 1, 2014
i was charged with an assault in a stupid bar, but my lawyer got my charge withdrawn in the court. The issue is my rcmp fingerprints shows positive match but also states that my charge was withdrawn.I am stressed how this will effect my file or it would have any impact .

baj

Nov 30, 2014
hiiii simer and virat i was not charged with anything i was just arrested for public intoxication and released after few hours no paper were issued no ticket nothing happened after that no fingerprints taken i was wondering will this have any impact !!! i m on study permit want to apply for workpermit !!! police station were i was taken said it is just a provincial offence no need to mention it ???

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
refer to this page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312ETOC.asp#5312E2

if you go down to the section which says:
Have you been charged, discharged or pardoned?

This section will help you determine if you are inadmissible if you have been charged, discharged or pardoned.

For charges withdrawn or dismissed:
•If the offence occurred in Canada, you are not inadmissible. ~ which amounts to that YOU ARE ADMISSABLE
•If the offence occurred outside Canada, you may be inadmissible.

For an absolute or conditional discharge:
•If the offence occurred in Canada, you are not inadmissible.

Pardon granted:
•If the offence occurred in Canada, you are not inadmissible if you were pardoned under the Criminal Records Act in Canada.

If you may be inadmissible, you must provide an officer with complete details of all charges, convictions, court dispositions, pardons, photocopies of applicable sections of foreign law(s), and court proceedings to allow the officer to determine whether or not you are inadmissible to Canada.

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi Brother,

I am international student in Canada, i was charged with assault in Aug 2015 but related charges will be withdrawn by alternative measures in January 2016. My problem is that i have to apply for renewal of my study permit in Feb 2016. I was wondering that is it effect my study permit renewal and future PR application. I would be greatly appreciated for your suggestions.

Thank you