+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal record check

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi guys,

I just got a biometrics collection letter and RCMP Criminal record check request today.

For biometrics, I know that all the locations are closed but for RCMP criminal record check, should i go to the Toronto police service website and request for criminal record check (level 1) online?

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I think online criminal check is name based and what we need is criminal check based on finger print. Use third party if you cant do it at police station :)

Reactions: cpark

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
I think online criminal check is name based and what we need is criminal check based on finger print. Use third party if you cant do it at police station :)
Thanks! I received the list of accredited fingerprint companies from the RCMP today.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi there, I only receive BIL and no RCMP. I did not provide upfront rcmp when I submitted my application. Does this mean, rcmp is not really mandatory?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi there, I only receive BIL and no RCMP. I did not provide upfront rcmp when I submitted my application. Does this mean, rcmp is not really mandatory?
That´s correct, not everyone gets the RCMP request letter, though no idea what´s their criteria for that

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
They probably have nothing else to do and added a new requirement to earn extra money :/
Lol...I don’t think so. I think one of the reasons everyone doesn’t get RCMP request is because some people already did the police check at a point before and IRCC is able to pull that record.
In my case, I did RCMP criminal record check as part of my background check when I started working at my firm and that record is still valid.
When I got my GCMS note, I saw a comment on my RCMP report, which made me guess that they had access that data because I didn’t submit RCMP PCC for PR application.

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Lol...I don’t think so. I think one of the reasons everyone doesn’t get RCMP request is because some people already did the police check at a point before and IRCC is able to pull that record.
In my case, I did RCMP criminal record check as part of my background check when I started working at my firm and that record is still valid.
When I got my GCMS note, I saw a comment on my RCMP report, which made me guess that they had access that data because I didn’t submit RCMP PCC for PR application.
lol no, I was just being sarcastic but yeah that makes sense.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That´s correct, not everyone gets the RCMP request letter, though no idea what´s their criteria for that
IRCC conducts name-based searches of criminal records in Canada for all applicants. For most applicants, the name-based search is sufficient to show no criminal record. However, if the name-based search returns a record, then IRCC requires fingerprints to determine if that record is yours, or someone else's with the same name.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I just got the RCMP request too. CEC inland. Thankfully there's one accredited company (Commisionaries) near my office in Vancouver by appointment.

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Does anyone know how long does it takes the canadian criminal record check certificate to deliver at home address?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Does anyone know how long does it takes the canadian criminal record check certificate to deliver at home address?
From what I’ve read, if the search comes back clean, they should mail the certificate out within 2-3 days. If some investigation is needed it could take 2+ weeks. Then it’s up to Canada post to see how quickly they deliver. Recently they’ve been mishandling quite a few of my letters (we deal with mail a lot at my company), so it’s Canada post that I’d be worried about.

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I had to request this RCMP criminal check with fingerprints for my wife, I am the main applicant. It took 2 days to get it done and more 4 days to receive the letter. You can expect the whole process to take approximately 1 week.