+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP criminal record check positive fingerprint identification immigration file

Meinbkr

Apr 20, 2021
Hi,
I have just received my criminal record check from RCMP.
The first part says that no existing criminal record.
However there is a second paragraph that says ‘this also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to Immigration fingerprints registered under the file number(s) indicated below.’
Can anyone help me understand what this positive identification means?
Thank you very much.

Rpa567

Jul 19, 2019
Have you ever been charged or arrested for any case ? Or had to give your finger prints for any charge ?

Rpa567

Jul 19, 2019
You don’t need to worry about anything then . This means the ircc already has your fingerprints. This may be from the biometrics for your previous study permit or work permit applications

Canadian J

Apr 28, 2021
Hi,
I have just received my criminal record check from RCMP.
The first part says that no existing criminal record.
However there is a second paragraph that says ‘this also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to Immigration fingerprints registered under the file number(s) indicated below.’
Can anyone help me understand what this positive identification means?
Thank you very much.
Hello!

The message seems to indicate the following:

- You DON'T have any existing criminal record.
- Your fingerprints were already in the database, so they were able to match it with an existing ID (possibly from when you had your biometrics done).

I sincerely don't believe you have anything to worry about.

Best,

FA94

Aug 2, 2023
Hello Satejs
Can I ask how long it took you to get your RCMP check from the time you submitted your fingerprints? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Hello guys I need help. I brought my husband here 1 yr now he is on PR we went through appeal for his case to be approved. I paid everything for him. Since he come here last year July it's been issues after issues until last month when he chocked me and I called police on him they charged him and he was arrested. He has restraining order in place and he is attending court at the moment. What are the chances he can get deportation? I am stress and I regret appealing for his case. I thought we will be fine and help each other once he comes here. But it's not the case. He has addiction to alcohol. Please give me some Information or a group for deportation. Thanks