+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP criminal record check issued date

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi All,

My application for PR is under process in CEC class. I got an ADR(additional document request) for RCMP criminal record check yesterday (May 21st). I live in Canada at the moment.
I had already got the RCMP criminal record check document last month(April 9th) as a precautionary measure as I was traveling to my home country as I didn't know when(if) I would be getting a request for RCMP.
My question is, can I upload the same document that I received on April 9th(the document mentions the date it was generated on) OR do I have to get another RCMP criminal record check done so that the document that I now get would be a fresh one and will show the date to reflect that it was generated after I got the ADR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I would send it and ask... chances are very high that it covers the time period of interest.

IRCC asks for fingerprint-based clearances when a name-based check returns a criminal record (from, presumably, someone with the same name as you). The fingerprint based clearance is used to rule that out...

Reactions: lazycrazyboon

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Thank you ...I have uploaded the criminal record check document that I had...it's under review as of now. I will report back when there is progress.

deemahluhahs

May 27, 2019
Hi,

In my situation, I didn't knew RCMP document valid for a year, I entered 5 months assuming its valid for 5-6 months from the date of receiving and now its expiring next week. I'm not sure what to do next, will I be asked to submit new RCMP document ?

Thanks

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
@deemahluhahs I don't think so. If it's valid for a year then they(CIC) know that it is valid for a year and it doesn't really matter what you enter on the form. If it's valid for 6 months then you still have one more month to go I presume....Moreover, I think that the requirement is for it to be valid when you upload it so you are still good...and even if they need a new one they will ask for it with the additional document request.
From CIC -
"
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired"

Reactions: deemahluhahs