+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Background Check. HELP!!

Me2013

Apr 30, 2013
Hello everyone!

Here's the deal:
I was in Canada for more than 6 months (8 years!), and I was charged in Feb. 2008. The charge was withdrawn in July.
I never thought about getting the File Destruction of the fingerprints and photographs until now.
I sent a request for File Destruction on May 6 by e-mail.
My question is:
Will I need a RCMP Background Check?
If yes, should I just send it now, before my VO asking for one, since it takes about 18 weeks (126 days or 4,5 months) to get it ready?

Please, advice!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Me2013 said:
Hello everyone!

Here's the deal:
I was in Canada for more than 6 months (8 years!), and I was charged in Feb. 2008. The charge was withdrawn in July.
I never thought about getting the File Destruction of the fingerprints and photographs until now.
My question is:
If yes, should I just send it now, before my VO asking for one, since it takes about 18 weeks (126 days or 4,5 months) to get it ready?

Please, advice!!
1. You might as well get your RCMP fingerprint check done, because CIC is going to do a name check on CPIC and the charge will come up. Then they will ask for a fingerprint check.

Me2013

Apr 30, 2013
PMM said:
1. You might as well get your RCMP fingerprint check done, because CIC is going to do a name check on CPIC and the charge will come up. Then they will ask for a fingerprint check.
Even if the charge was withdrawn?
I guess CIC would have access to the whole file, right? If so, still needs a fingerprint check? ???

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Me2013 said:
Hello everyone!

Here's the deal:
My question is:

Please, advice!!
Yes they will ask for the rcmp. They might also ask for court documents as proof it was withdrawn.

My husband had a charge in 2008, he did community service and the charge was dropped. So they asked him for the rcmp along with all court documents regarding the case this included. That his community service was completed and also that the case was finalized in july 2008.

So i would definatly get the rcmp, and try to gather up any court documents u might have regarding what happened. :)

Me2013

Apr 30, 2013
LeisaP said:
So i would definatly get the rcmp, and try to gather up any court documents u might have regarding what happened. :)
What if I don't have anything from the case? I left everything about it somewhere among my stuff in Canada! =/