+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RBC Banking Advisor Intern

tiblan

Nov 14, 2018
I am on a post graduate work permit and have recently recieved an offer to work as a Banking Advisor Intern for RBC at a branch, where my on the job training program goes over the course of 9-12 months. The job description is as follows:

What will you do?
• Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
• Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business
• Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
• Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
• Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals

What do you need to succeed?
Must-have
• Mutual Funds accreditation, or willingness to obtain it (e.g., Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course)
• Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment
• Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
• Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success
• Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)

Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried Required
Travel (%): 0-25

So I am confused about the following and would really appreciate the input:

1) Given its permanent, salaried and above the 30 hour per week requirement, does the Intern and that I will be doing an extended on the job training program going to harm the strength of my application?
2) I can't find the NOC classification for this job using the online tool, but given my understanding on the role, my intuition is its synonymous with the role of a Financial Sales Representative, which is NOC 6235. Am I right? Has anyone here tried to do apply through the same NOC code or even job title? What was your experience like?
3) In the ONIP guide for the international students stream with a job offer, it makes no mention of required 1 year experience Does that mean I could immediately start my application?

Thank you and look forward to reading your responses!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I am on a post graduate work permit and have recently recieved an offer to work as a Banking Advisor Intern for RBC at a branch, where my on the job training program goes over the course of 9-12 months. The job description is as follows:

What will you do?
• Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
• Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business
• Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
• Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
• Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals

What do you need to succeed?
Must-have
• Mutual Funds accreditation, or willingness to obtain it (e.g., Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course)
• Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment
• Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
• Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success
• Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)

Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried Required
Travel (%): 0-25

So I am confused about the following and would really appreciate the input:

1) Given its permanent, salaried and above the 30 hour per week requirement, does the Intern and that I will be doing an extended on the job training program going to harm the strength of my application?
2) I can't find the NOC classification for this job using the online tool, but given my understanding on the role, my intuition is its synonymous with the role of a Financial Sales Representative, which is NOC 6235. Am I right? Has anyone here tried to do apply through the same NOC code or even job title? What was your experience like?
3) In the ONIP guide for the international students stream with a job offer, it makes no mention of required 1 year experience Does that mean I could immediately start my application?

Thank you and look forward to reading your responses!

tiblan

Nov 14, 2018
Post-Graduation Work Permit holders require a minimum of 6 months full-time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months.And your job is NOC 6235.
https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-selection-criteria.aspxrent occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months..
Thank you for confirming the NOC 6235 for me. The job offer is in Ontario so I wonder if there's a similar criteria here as well.

Marblue33

Feb 12, 2019
Hey, did you accept the offer by the way? And if so, how is it, I'm currently in the interview process and want to know more about the culture and actual work done if possible. Thanks.