+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RBC Accounts

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I will be landing in spring 2017 and would like to open a bank account with RBC.. How can I contact them other than phone? Ive been on their website numerous times but cannot figure out how newcomers open accounts and transfer money before they arrive to Canada.
Any help?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
anjun said:
I will be landing in spring 2017 and would like to open a bank account with RBC.. How can I contact them other than phone? Ive been on their website numerous times but cannot figure out how newcomers open accounts and transfer money before they arrive to Canada.
Any help?
Unless there is a RBC branch in the country you are in, I don't think you'll be able to open a bank account remotely prior to arriving in Canada. The only bank that I've seen that allows people to do this is HSBC.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
anjun said:
Any help?
Banks in canada does not allow you to open an account online. you have to go into one of the branch with two pieces of ID.

look into hsbc http://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal

hina zaidi

Aug 30, 2014
hii,

you can open account without landing into Canada. i did that few months ago and transfer funds... only things you have to contact with RBC customer service through there website and ask agent that you want to open account before landing to transfer money.. they will provide you application forms. you will attest you passport copy through RBC representative in your country or through Lawyer, thn send those attested copies to RBC office in Canada.

the open deposit only account. So you will transfer money. than after landing go to branch get your debit card etc, and starts using your account.

Regards

Reactions: 3zat

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Thank you. I was able to contact RBC online and in the process with a banking advisor to open my account!

hina zaidi said:
hii,

you can open account without landing into Canada. i did that few months ago and transfer funds... only things you have to contact with RBC customer service through there website and ask agent that you want to open account before landing to transfer money.. they will provide you application forms. you will attest you passport copy through RBC representative in your country or through Lawyer, thn send those attested copies to RBC office in Canada.

the open deposit only account. So you will transfer money. than after landing go to branch get your debit card etc, and starts using your account.

Regards

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you then this question isn't for you !
Then you need to be clear with your question.

Ask: Have anyone open an account and transfer money before landing? Only reply if you who have done it personally.

However, your question was:
Can anyone advise whether if this is recommended?
No one can read mind here....

Reactions: cansha

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Then you need to be clear with your question.

Ask: Have anyone open an account and transfer money before landing? Only reply if you who have done it personally.

However, your question was:

No one can read mind here....
Ok no problem
But either way the member is not understanding it, and seems you did not try it too
So no point here only fake heroic....
Regards

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Ok no problem
But either way the member is not understanding it, and seems you did not try it too
So no point here only fake heroic....
Regards
Well, I looked at this post because I bank with RBC.
But your question is specific about opening an account remotely before you land/become a PR.
So, no, I don't have an answer or experience with RBC on that specific route. I opened my account AFTER I landed.

You may get better replies if you start a new post? May be it's better if you contact RBC directly via email or call them to get the current details.

Reactions: Bacelor

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Well, I looked at this post because I bank with RBC.
But your question is specific about opening an account remotely before you land/become a PR.
So, no, I don't have an answer or experience with RBC on that specific route. I opened my account AFTER I landed.

You may get better replies if you start a new post? May be it's better if you contact RBC directly via email or call them to get the current details.
Thank you i will contact
Just to make sure since you are a RBC client
Is RBC . COM the official website?