koprulz

May 23, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
If the cut-offs are so high and most of the applicants are in the range of 400-470, why are people so optimistic about canada PR? Just curious to know how many have already thinking/started/already applied for Australian PR since its easier to get.

I would like to know why is it that everyone wants Canada more than Australia PR?

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Honestly, Australia is too far for some of us, and the cost of visiting family back home (or for them to visit) would be just way too high. Another thing is that the cost of living is much higher in Australia, and not everyone has that much savings to begin a new life there.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
koprulz said:
If the cut-offs are so high and most of the applicants are in the range of 400-470, why are people so optimistic about canada PR? Just curious to know how many have already thinking/started/already applied for Australian PR since its easier to get.

I would like to know why is it that everyone wants Canada more than Australia PR?
Would like to know more about this. Any link that can provide information?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
koprulz said:

For me it's the ski resorts and amount of fresh snow you get in Canada, plain and simple.
Not every decision in life should revolve around work.

Slyke

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Canada2425 said:
Would like to know more about this. Any link that can provide information?
What do you want to know? I've lived on the Gold Coast for over 10 years and in Sydney for 3 years.

The cost of living is outrageous in Australia.

It's better to be extremely rich or extremely poor in Australia. It's better to be lower/middle/upper class in Canada. Go live in downtown Toronto for a month, except pay 50% more in rent and that's what it's living living in inner west Sydney (20-40mins away from the CBD, aka downtown).

Oh and you think the TTC is bad? Wait until you experience those 45c summers in a delayed crammed unair conditioned train with the sun shining in on your face. Pay almost 25% more for this privileged. I'm not joking.

You want to drive? Great! Spend 2 hours on Parramatta Road driving at 20km/h watching the sun set directly into your eyes!

And don't believe the "higher wage" thing. I'm making more in Toronto than I ever did in Australia for the same type of job.

And here's some data on what I mean: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Australia&country2=Canada&city1=Sydney&city2=Toronto&tracking=getDispatchComparison

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Slyke said:
What do you want to know? I've lived on the Gold Coast for over 10 years and in Sydney for 3 years.

The cost of living is outrageous in Australia.

It's better to be extremely rich or extremely poor in Australia. It's better to be lower/middle/upper class in Canada. Go live in downtown Toronto for a month, except pay 50% more in rent and that's what it's living living in inner west Sydney (20-40mins away from the CBD, aka downtown).

Oh and you think the TTC is bad? Wait until you experience those 45c summers in a delayed crammed unair conditioned train with the sun shining in on your face. Pay almost 25% more for this privileged. I'm not joking.

You want to drive? Great! Spend 2 hours on Parramatta Road driving at 20km/h watching the sun set directly into your eyes!

And don't believe the "higher wage" thing. I'm making more in Toronto than I ever did in Australia for the same type of job.

And here's some data on what I mean: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Australia&country2=Canada&city1=Sydney&city2=Toronto&tracking=getDispatchComparison
Thanks bro for the frightning reply. Just wanted a highlight, got one perspective and will look for few more :)
Few friends are in Brisbane, need to catch up with them.
Canada is definitely second preference (after US), just wondering if Australia can be third.
Thanks. Cheers!

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Dealucis said:
Lol, so many people with a ridiculous sense of entitlement in this thread. Like Canada owes you lot anything. Be the best or wait in line, simple as that. No use whinging about how unfair it is. Life is unfair, build a bridge and get over it.

No wonder there's a bunch of new immigrants whinging about how they can't get a job in Canada. If this thread is a reflection of the attitudes of future migrants, then we'll see a continued rise in unemployment rate among new Canadians. ::)
:'(

Then how do you explain situations like mine?

I moved to Canada for school at the age of 15 and have been living here for 8 years! I'm 23, single, with a Diploma in Engineering and a Bachelors degree in Engineering both from a Canadian University. I worked 2-3 jobs throughout my education to pay for it while still managing on being on the deans list. I have 16 months of pre-grad experience and now 16 months of post grad experience. I found a job immediately after graduating and my current company hired me on a 5 year double sided commitment (I'm committing to them and they are committing to me). I have a guaranteed employment for the next 4 and a half years but I might not be able to work that long since my PGWP will be expiring in 2 years.... The job is amazing with extraordinary experience for a new grad (I'm the only engineer working in the Canadian branch of this company) and the pay is excellent. The company agreed to help me with OINP but the application processing is now 5 months overdue and it's not even guaranteed. I have a subtle feeling that the company may have underestimated the requirements when filling up parts of the application (They didn't hire a lawyer).

My home country is in war, the airport is not even open anymore. If I have to leave I honestly don't know what I would do with my life. Due to financial reasons I left Canada only once since I moved here as a student. I really like Canada I spent the majority of my adulthood here, developed roots and connections to this country. Don't you think I should feel at least a small sense of entitlement for being an excellent candidate to migrate to Canada?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
moelaghil said:

I moved to Canada for school at the age of 15 and have been living here for 8 years! I'm 23, single, with a Diploma in Engineering and a Bachelors degree in Engineering both from a Canadian University. I worked 2-3 jobs throughout my education to pay for it while still managing on being on the deans list. I have 16 months of pre-grad experience and now 16 months of post grad experience. I found a job immediately after graduating and my current company hired me on a 5 year double sided commitment (I'm committing to them and they are committing to me). I have a guaranteed employment for the next 4 and a half years but I might not be able to work that long since my PGWP will be expiring in 2 years.... The job is amazing with extraordinary experience for a new grad (I'm the only engineer working in the Canadian branch of this company) and the pay is excellent. The company agreed to help me with OINP but the application processing is now 5 months overdue and it's not even guaranteed. I have a subtle feeling that the company may have underestimated the requirements when filling up parts of the application (They didn't hire a lawyer).

My home country is in war, the airport is not even open anymore. If I have to leave I honestly don't know what I would do with my life. Due to financial reasons I left Canada only once since I moved here as a student. I really like Canada I spent the majority of my adulthood here, developed roots and connections to this country. Don't you think I should feel at least a small sense of entitlement for being an excellent candidate to migrate to Canada?
Brother I understand your pain and concerns.
However, looking at your 458 CRS trust me you don't have to worry. You have 2 years of time till your work permit gets expired. By that time, you'll surely get PR. You can work on your score as well (maybe French, if not already done) - Upcoming changes (not confirmed yet) for Canadian Students may come to rescue as well.
So, as per me you have your future in Canada. Don't worry. All the best.

Dealucis

Jul 13, 2016
moelaghil said:

I have mates who spent literally their entire lives in a certain country but still ended up being deported after graduation. Like I said, Canada doesn't owe you anything and this applies to every other country in the world out there.

I wonder why you did not opt for OINP from the start. No, scrap that, why didn't you even check the application that your company submitted for you? If my future is on the line, I would've gone through every nook and cranny, every step of the way. You could've applied for it yourself after a year's worth of work experience in Canada but instead, you put your blame on your company/CIC on a screwed up application. Your credentials, above average as it may seem, holds no value in the face of a worsening economy coupled with an overflowing pool of fresh graduates in the market. That's the unfortunate truth that you need to wake up from.

You're not going to gain any sympathy here. Like yourself, I'm an engineer with top of the line credentials who fought to get to where I am today. I've met a lot of new migrants expecting everything to be laid out to them on a silver platter and ending up working in survival jobs with no end in sight, constantly complaining how this country has been unfair to them when it's not.

Your situation is self-explanatory and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out one day. Engineering is a profession with tough competition, but if you do succeed, you'll have a bright future. If your venture in Canada does not succeed this time round, head out and look for career opportunities around the globe. Despite limited opportunities in my home country, I managed to kick start my career with in the locomotive field in the middle east (I'm east Asian), before being headhunted by one of the top three oil and gas companies by revenue a year and a half later. It's been 8 years since then and I've been cross posted all over the globe and finally decided to call it quits when I've gained enough cash to start a new life in Canada with my wife and child. That being said, I ensured my CV stays competitive throughout the years and secured employment, again, with one of the top 3 Canadian oil and gas operators within 2 months of landing in spite of waves of layoffs in the industry.

I was a long time lurker here, and to be honest, I was contemplating my decision to move here as I did not want to make a career out of survival jobs. But after landing, the only over-qualified migrants I've seen working permanently as cashiers are those who are not willing to up their initiative in improving their skillsets. So, yes, competition is tough. If you're competitive enough, you will get your PR, and you will secure employment. If you're the same as the next average Joe, why would a country take you in when they can find better candidates within the country?

In any case, good luck to you and your future endeavours.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
moelaghil said:

Dont worry dude. You have an excellent start in Canada. You will get your PR easily. People under estimate how hard it is to work part time, pay bills and still be on the Dean's list. Most people from Asia do not work when they are in school. They get silver spoons from their parents.

You know how to work hard. Don't get demotivated by random people. You are just 23. Stay happy. PR will come for sure. Canada needs people like you who are young, smart, hardworking. God bless you.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Dealucis said:
I have mates who spent literally their entire lives in a certain country but still ended up being deported after graduation. Like I said, Canada doesn't owe you anything and this applies to every other country in the world out there.

I wonder why you did not opt for OINP from the start. No, scrap that, why didn't you even check the application that your company submitted for you? If my future is on the line, I would've gone through every nook and cranny, every step of the way. You could've applied for it yourself after a year's worth of work experience in Canada but instead, you put your blame on your company/CIC on a screwed up application. Your credentials, above average as it may seem, holds no value in the face of a worsening economy coupled with an overflowing pool of fresh graduates in the market. That's the unfortunate truth that you need to wake up from.

You're not going to gain any sympathy here. Like yourself, I'm an engineer with top of the line credentials who fought to get to where I am today. I've met a lot of new migrants expecting everything to be laid out to them on a silver platter and ending up working in survival jobs with no end in sight, constantly complaining how this country has been unfair to them when it's not.

Your situation is self-explanatory and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out one day. Engineering is a profession with tough competition, but if you do succeed, you'll have a bright future. If your venture in Canada does not succeed this time round, head out and look for career opportunities around the globe. Despite limited opportunities in my home country, I managed to kick start my career with in the locomotive field in the middle east (I'm east Asian), before being headhunted by one of the top three oil and gas companies by revenue a year and a half later. It's been 8 years since then and I've been cross posted all over the globe and finally decided to call it quits when I've gained enough cash to start a new life in Canada with my wife and child. That being said, I ensured my CV stays competitive throughout the years and secured employment, again, with one of the top 3 Canadian oil and gas operators within 2 months of landing in spite of waves of layoffs in the industry.

I was a long time lurker here, and to be honest, I was contemplating my decision to move here as I did not want to make a career out of survival jobs. But after landing, the only over-qualified migrants I've seen working permanently as cashiers are those who are not willing to up their initiative in improving their skillsets. So, yes, competition is tough. If you're competitive enough, you will get your PR, and you will secure employment. If you're the same as the next average Joe, why would a country take you in when they can find better candidates within the country?

In any case, good luck to you and your future endeavours.
No wonder why you are so rude.

Dealucis

Jul 13, 2016
coolhyd said:
No wonder why you are so rude.
Mate, that statement doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, if reality offends you, then so be it. I'm just telling the truth. Some may take offense and continue to whine and whinge, while others may take it as advice to improve themselves. There are many ways towards permanent residency - EE, PNP etc, and if you just missed out on it, it's not the country's fault. Like I said, I've noticed a lot of people on here with an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Those who actually qualify for the program will not have any problems applying for PR and establishing themselves in Canada within a short period of time.

Whatever you do, it's best not to put all your eggs in one basket.

I've seen your other posts, advising people to take up Masters degree just to qualify for the program. Taking masters will take up time and money, and we don't know if CIC is going to change their requirements in the future. This isn't a good advice. Furthermore, I'm not sure why you say that Canada needs people who are "young, smart and hardworking" when we already have an astounding amount of graduates within the country, some of which are having troubles securing a graduate position. We have a shortage of skilled labour, especially in trades and technologists. Don't believe me? Ask any HR in the country, or better yet, actually look at CIC's criteria in bringing in foreign skilled workers.

I hope you do not continue to instill false hope in people.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Dealucis said:

Anyway, if reality offends you, then so be it. I'm just telling the truth. Some may take offense and continue to whine and whinge, while others may take it as advice to improve themselves. There are many ways towards permanent residency - EE, PNP etc, and if you just missed out on it, it's not the country's fault. Like I said, I've noticed a lot of people on here with an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Those who actually qualify for the program will not have any problems applying for PR and establishing themselves in Canada within a short period of time.

I've seen your other posts, advising people to take up Masters degree just to qualify for the program. Taking masters will take up time and money, and we don't know if CIC is going to change their requirements in the future. This isn't a good advice. Furthermore, I'm not sure why you say that Canada needs people who are "young, smart and hardworking" when we already have an astounding amount of graduates within the country, some of which are having troubles securing a graduate position. We have a shortage of skilled labour, especially in trades and technologists. Don't believe me? Ask any HR in the country, or better yet, actually look at CIC's criteria in bringing in foreign skilled workers.

There is no false hope buddy. Whatever I say is based on my experience in Canada. I worked my butt off to get a good job and life in Canada. I connect with the young man who worked his butt off during school and still managed to be on the Dean's list.

You are just bragging about yourself just because you work for a big oil company.

Regarding masters, education always add value to your credentials. I dont remember if I advised anyone to take masters to just qualify for PR. You are making a vague statement.

You are sounding so rude in your reply to a 23 year old boy. Thats not an advise. Be humble dude. Thats way more important than getting a big job or getting PR.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Dealucis said:

Regarding my Master's advise to a student:

I advised an international student who has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with 6 years of IT experience.

He applied for a diploma course and his student visa got rejected twice.

I suggested him to get himself enrolled in a Masters program so that his visa gets approved.

I don't think this a bad advise at all. I don't understand your logic ane reasoning.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
moelaghil said:
Don't you think I should feel at least a small sense of entitlement for being an excellent candidate to migrate to Canada?
No. You're being very rude.

By your own admission, Canada has already given you a safe place, an opportunity to work, to earn a world-class education. You have taken advantage of Canada's generous nature, and use that generosity to demand even more.

You are acting like a house guest demanding to stay the night and to sleep in a bedroom, because you were invited to a party.