n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alexios07 said:
I think they should not abolish the whole LMIA thing, just apply that one on outland candidates if they want to claim foreign work exp and for special occupations.

For inland applicants, yes, LMIA is a stupid thing to obtain.
agreed and they r not abolishing it completely just for Int students

moadam

Jun 1, 2016
is it official that it's even going to happen or is it just one of the many wishful statements that he's made?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moadam said:
is it official that it's even going to happen or is it just one of the many wishful statements that he's made?
His intention. Let see how it will play out in the Parliament this Fall.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moadam said:
If it passes, when are the changes expected to come into effect?
We don't know yet. It might depend on when the new Immigration Plan will kick in. Worst case scenario (for me) is in March 2017, like this year.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
The thing is, my friend, they'd prefer Canadian Experience. That's no secret! No matter if you come from the NASA, they'd prefer Canadian Experience. On top of that, those students have invested lots of money.

volodyalysak said:
Who is more valuable ?

Student who studied in Canada for year or two with so so English and no real world work experience, with maybe one degree or certification
Or someone who has 5+ years of work experience, great English , and masters or PhD ?

It would be really frustrating to see if students will get same points as those people who really worked hard for that score.
I'm at the point to start either learning French or start exploring Australia.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Exaaactly!

siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ ranked third world college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moadam said:
I'm in the same point range on a pgwp that expires october of 2017. What are you doing in the meantime?
I'm still working full time. Trying to take ielts again to gain another 6 extra points.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Trying to take ielts again to gain another 6 extra points.
I am thinking of doing the same, except for 3 extra points. But at this point it seems I might have to do that by going back, out of Canada. I had two options before me. Either wait in Canada several months with only visitor status to see if I get picked in EE, or basically empty my bank account and become debt-free by paying away all my student loans. I chose to do the latter. I am now debt-free so at least that one positive thing came out of this mess. But I am still hoping that I get picked in Express Entry; that the scores go to 461 or so and I get picked.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
GaganDesi said:
John McCallum cut 20% economic immigration quota for Syrian refugees, and that is why the amount of ITAs dropped down to 750ish every round. If John McCallum did not change the pointing system, or add more quota for CEC/FSW stream, the situation will continue.
That's not true, we are lucky that we had such nice immigration minister.
All quota has been increase compare to prev years, you wait for your turn as Canadian system is point base and if you deserve then you will get your number soon.
In few month draw will increase from 1500 a month to 3000 then you will see drop in points.

With regards to Siryan, yes they are priority for our government as they living in war torn country and need support from Country like Canada. thats does not means that they taking some one else quota.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Aquib said:
That's not true, we are lucky that we had such nice immigration minister.
All quota has been increase compare to prev years, you wait for your turn as Canadian system is point base and if you deserve then you will get your number soon.
In few month draw will increase from 1500 a month to 3000 then you will see drop in points.

With regards to Siryan, yes they are priority for our government as they living in war torn country and need support from Country like Canada. thats does not means that they taking some one else quota.

Economic immigration quota has been decreased when John mccallum announced the immigration quota for this year in relation to last years quota from 74k to 56k. Yes, they increased the refugee quota and family class. And yes, the ITA's are low because the immigration quota is reduced for economic immigrant category and also because of old cec paper applications.