+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
They might be thinking of bringing in PNPs into role. Double benefit. First PNPs income which is additional to EE expenses.
Secondly it allows Federal govt to selectively populate the provinces rather than giving whole Canada permit to everyone

It's my perspective, other might disagree

Saadats

Jul 23, 2020
No chance man. I am also at 469 and will lose 6 points in November.
I am at 474 today. Tomorrow I'll be 469 and will stay at 469 for next year. So, I was asking about 469. I personally think its will take around 2 months for cutoff to hit 469.

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
I suspect alternating all-program and PNP/CEC draws will be the new pattern for some time, which seems like a fair balance.
Where was this balance while we FSW candidates were waiting patiently for the past 5 months. Suddenly, they have FSW candidates in the mix albeit with alternate round of draws. Hope they were a little more accommodating and prescient at the start of this pandemic. But yes, for the coming time this does seem to be the new pattern.

Reactions: Sharanm7 and Lulu69

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If these rotating draws continue even people with 471 n 472 have to wait till november to get an ita..
Early 2021 stand a great chance with a score of 469

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Till the time IRCC starts conducting regular FSW draws, cutoff will remain consistently above 470+. But looks like they are gonna keep alternating between draws till this year end, atleast.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Best chance for 470/469 etc could be the draw in December that typically happens with just a one week gap from the previous draw. This is usually done to anticipate the 3-week Christmas break. If that draw happens this time as well and if it’s all programs, the score would drop a few points quickly.

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020
This is quite unfair to FSW candidates. In the spirit of slight fairness, FSW should be given 2 months uninterrupted like the CECs that got 4 months

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharanm7

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
This is quite unfair to FSW candidates. In the spirit of slight fairness, FSW should be given 2 months uninterrupted like the CECs that got 4 months
When they have plenty of candidates who're already in Canada, its fairly a simple decision to prefer them over candidates who're applying from other countries. I'm glad that they are still considering FSW candidates during such a situation.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Bu
They might be thinking of bringing in PNPs into role. Double benefit. First PNPs income which is additional to EE expenses.
Secondly it allows Federal govt to selectively populate the provinces rather than giving whole Canada permit to everyone

It's my perspective, other might disagree
But there is a catch there as well.
Prior to the last OINP draw (Tech and Human Capital one), they have invited People with Canadain Work exp.
Ontario's OINP has around 2.5k nominations left. But what if even they too send invites to Candidates under the IT NOC with Canadian experience
That has happened.
Even they are alternating. So there is a chance that they might allocate all of the 2.5k pending nominations to people with Canadian Work Experience.
I wish that I'm incorrect but there is a chance like that as well
Go through the below link and you will get a better insight.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-0

Last edited:

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020
When they have plenty of candidates who're already in Canada, its fairly a simple decision to prefer them over candidates who're applying from other countries. I'm glad that they are still considering FSW candidates during such a situation.
Then they need to stop telling people around the world to apply. This situation is simple. Canada doesn't owe me and I don't owe canada but stop giving outsiders false hope if you aren't actually interested in bring them in.

They should focus on their in-house applicants alone then. The false hope is annoying. Do they enjoy toying with our emotions?

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Thank you. But you got that 2850 number? I am not able to see any where and table doesn't show anything. Please help me to figure out this 2850 number. Thanks
You will get the figure using the table of the last all program draw.... using that table, there was about 1750 people with scores 481 and above... 3900 were invited...3900 - 1750 is 2150... this means 2150 people were taking out between 471-480.....from the above mentioned table... you had 5000+.... if you take 2150 out of 5000, you have 2850

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I think immigration traditionally is not about fairness. Each country does whatever they think is best for them, not for people applying from outside. Canada has one of the "most fair" immigration processes out there, pretty transparent on points and draws.
As said above, at least Canada kept their programs open for applications, and since last month, they have included all programs on a couple draws.
If you don't think its fair, maybe just look for another country that has a most fair system during these times

shadow_of_life

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I think immigration traditionally is not about fairness. Each country does whatever they think is best for them, not for people applying from outside. Canada has one of the "most fair" immigration processes out there, pretty transparent on points and draws.
As said above, at least Canada kept their programs open for applications, and since last month, they have included all programs on a couple draws.
If you don't think its fair, maybe just look for another country that has a most fair system during these times
Even though I feel no hope at this point, I do agree with you that Canada is by far the most immigrant-friendly country among all the western developed countreis.

Reactions: BlindGoku
Status
Not open for further replies.