+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 98th Draw

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
When do we have the ray of hope 99?

We need to keep hope alive. I am on CRS 440. With the increase in number of candidates to 3,900, it is a strong signal yet by the CIC, that they really need to keep up with the annual target.

Obviously, there will be no IELTS result release before the probable 19th September draw. That is a positive. I see a sustained 3,900 picks for the next 5 draws. The CRS will definitely drop to 439 by September 19, and even lower as we go along.

Good times I see!

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
When do we have the ray of hope 99?

We need to keep hope alive. I am on CRS 440. With the increase in number of candidates to 3,900, it is a strong signal yet by the CIC, that they really need to keep up with the annual target.

Obviously, there will be no IELTS result release before the probable 19th September draw. That is a positive. I see a sustained 3,900 picks for the next 5 draws. The CRS will definitely drop to 439 by September 19, and even lower as we go along.

Good times I see!
link for roh 99 ??

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
No one knows the date in advance. You can take the best guess which should be the 19th.
Hi Puneet, how can i be added to the Whatsapp group?

LRRGBrazil

Sep 5, 2018
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone from this group. Me and my husband created our profile on March 2018 and we had 437 points. During this period, it was extremely nice to hear comfortable words from everyone and to realize that there were more people in the same situation as we were.

We both had a CBL 9 on IELTS after three attempts:

Principal applicant:
L 8.0 R 8.0 W 7.0 S 7.5
Second applicant:
L 8.0 R 8.5 W 7.0 S 7.0
Score: 437

When we applied, we thought we would be in the pool for one or two months with that score.

However, each month was harder when we realised that last year's pool was not going to repeat in 2018.

After losing hope for many times and reading a lot of advices here like "try to upgrade your score" "try IELTS one more time" we decided to take the IELTS one more time in August. I took it (principal applicant) and got the following scores:

L 8.5 R 9.0 W 7.0 S 7.5

That allowed us to upgrade our score to 440 last monday.

Today, we received our ITA!

So, we would like to thank everyone here for the support! For everyone who is still waiting: we know it's hard but don't loose hope! Try to upgrade your IELTS score! I am sure we are going to see everyone in Canada next year!

Last edited:

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Woot! Woot!. Received ITA.

A question.

Once I continue accepting the invite, I am triggered with several questions. I'm stuck with one where it asks me to choose if I am willing to pay both processing and Rprf fee or either one amongst them. Which one should I select?
I selected I am willing to pay both processing and Rprf fee

kebib

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
What about the questions about military, government and other organisations? Should i just select not applicable? I was not involved in any.

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone from this group. Me and my husband created our profile on March 2018 and we had 437 points. During this period, it was extremely nice to hear comfortable words from everyone and to realize that there were more people in the same situation as we were.

We both had a CBL 9 on IELTS after three attempts:

Principal applicant:
L 8.0 R 8.0 W 7.0 S 7.5
Second applicant:
L 8.0 R 8.5 W 7.0 S 7.0
Score: 437

When we applied, we thought we would be in the pool for one or two months with that score.

However, each month was harder when we realised that last year's pool was not going to repeat in 2018.

After losing hope for many times and reading a lot of advices here like "try to upgrade your score" "try IELTS one more time" we decided to take the IELTS one more time in August. I took it (principal applicant) and got the following scores:

L 8.5 R 9.0 W 7.0 S 7.5

That allowed us to upgrade our score to 440 last monday.

Today, we received our ITA!

So, we would like to thank everyone here for the support! For everyone who is still waiting: we know it's hard but don't loose hope! Try to upgrade your IELTS score! I am sure we are going to see everyone in Canada next year!
Congratulations! That is some courage. Within the period of being on the EE queue, I guess your age did not change? Just trying to understand how getting older while waiting works.

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
I have created a new Whatspp group for folks who received their ITA today or are expecting it soon. Since we might see lesser activity on this thread as many members will move to ROH 99 now, please share your name and phone number if you are interested in sharing ITA related information on Whatsapp with the fellow members submitting their applications in the next few weeks. Thanks.
Great thought! Received my ITA will PM my number and name.

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
I have created a new Whatspp group for folks who received their ITA today or are expecting it soon. Since we might see lesser activity on this thread as many members will move to ROH 99 now, please share your name and phone number if you are interested in sharing ITA related information on Whatsapp with the fellow members submitting their applications in the next few weeks. Thanks.
Sent you PM about my details, please add me to.the WhatsApp group

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
Guys,

Lucky to receive ITA, I am really greatful to god for this wonderful opportunity. I am sure everyone in the group would sooner or later receive their ITAs, it is just a matter of time. Don’t ever give up your hope.

The Ray of hope forum has been a great inspiration and I truly appreciate everyone who inspired and gave the ray of hope.

Thank you everyone and wishing good luck.

Best

Reactions: sangpll2009

adityagupta88

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171, 1112, 2174
AOR Received.