+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 97th Draw

xw14dm

Aug 13, 2018
Hi guys, I and my common-law partner created our EE profile on April 3rd, 2018. The score was 433. And then, I updated the profile that my fiancee won't come with me to Canada, and it increased to 439. However, the draw makes me waiting for a long time, I took my second attempt IELTS on July 28th, 2018 and got the expected results on last Friday. The score is 455 with my fiancee right now. Hope we can receive the ITA on the next draw. The interesting thing is that I was noticed by my agent on last Thursday that I received OINP HCP from the government. I was noticed that there were other candidates who have the score from 400-410 received the HCP as well. I checked the OINP official website and there was no any updated information like previous they did. I cannot know the exact score range that they picked up. I don't know whether the shared information can help yours.

Reactions: SumH12

Lay Tailor

Jun 13, 2018
My CRS score is 439 having profile of May 2018. What are the chances to get ITA ? I am pretty sure, I won't able to get ITA on 22 Aug but any further chances in September?

Reactions: ashokacca

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
My CRS score is 439 having profile of May 2018. What are the chances to get ITA ? I am pretty sure, I won't able to get ITA on 22 Aug but any further chances in September?
I am at 439 too, and created the application in Jan. For your question, there are likely to have the chance if no 3-week draw or a surge of high score applicants. If the draw size increases to 4000, that could be even better. In the meanwhile, maybe prepare or register another lanaguage test is also feasible.

hopeful439

Jul 30, 2018
I am at 439 too, and created the application in Jan. For your question, there are likely to have the chance if no 3-week draw or a surge of high score applicants. If the draw size increases to 4000, that could be even better. In the meanwhile, maybe prepare or register another lanaguage test is also feasible.
I am at 439 too since February 2018. I am trying to remain optimistic.

Ra_of_hope_Canada

Dec 14, 2017
Hi,

I will be traveling for work next few weeks. So wanted to check how much time do one have to get their and the dependents Medical examination done post receiving ITA?

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Guys, I have been silently following ROH threads since very long.

I am sure alot of us out there are suffering without TEF exam support. I have gone through several sites to prepare for TEF Canada and I wasnt able to find anything satisfactory. Now that I have written the exam twice and prepared using all the possible guides in the world, I have come up with the best way to prepare for the exam.

Would love to share it with you guys. Hope we meet soon in Canada.

Here's the blog:

http://mytefcanadapreparationtips.blogspot.com/

I just started it.. I will write every now and then for you guys.

All the best everyone! :)

Hi there, thanks a lotttt for this!! Just started learning french with the duolingo apps, just wanted to ask, is the apps useful to get basic knowledge of the french language?? Counted out the exercises and they are almost 120, 5 levels in each...so if I finish 2 everyday I would be done with everything on the apps in 2 months...and then with this, I could start the TEF preperations...is this going to work?? Kindly share your advices

Aug 13, 2018
Hi there, thanks a lotttt for this!! Just started learning french with the duolingo apps, just wanted to ask, is the apps useful to get basic knowledge of the french language?? Counted out the exercises and they are almost 120, 5 levels in each...so if I finish 2 everyday I would be done with everything on the apps in 2 months...and then with this, I could start the TEF preperations...is this going to work?? Kindly share your advices
I am glad that you are trying to improve your score using French. It's good that you have started familiarizing yourself with the language using duolingo app. From what i have heard and seen, duolingo will help build a good base in terms of grammar and also a reasonable level of vocabulary to move on and build on your level. Once you're done with the basics (upto A2/B1 level) using duolingo, I would recommend you to start testing your comprehensive skills by reading newspapers, magazine and on-line media everyday. You can also follow French language podcasts every few days and see if you can comprehend listening without reading, try a translation, etc. There are tons of material available online to learn intermediate French. I will share with you once you are ready.

Once you reach a decent level of French, you may refer to my blog to further prepare for TEF Canada exam specifically.

Incase of further assistance, do let me know.

Happy learning! :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Guys, I have been silently following ROH threads since very long.

I am sure alot of us out there are suffering without TEF exam support. I have gone through several sites to prepare for TEF Canada and I wasnt able to find anything satisfactory. Now that I have written the exam twice and prepared using all the possible guides in the world, I have come up with the best way to prepare for the exam.

Would love to share it with you guys. Hope we meet soon in Canada.

Here's the blog:

http://mytefcanadapreparationtips.blogspot.com/

I just started it.. I will write every now and then for you guys.

All the best everyone! :)
This is such a fabulous initiative! Wish all the luck to yourself for helping out so many others :)

I started with Duolingo last month but could not continue after couple of weeks due to work pressure etc. I think I'll restart and will reach out through your blog for any help required :)

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Hi All...with the current rate of falling rupee its gonna be really difficult to arrange for proof of funds. How much extra should I keep ?

Aug 13, 2018
This is such a fabulous initiative! Wish all the luck to yourself for helping out so many others :)

I started with Duolingo last month but could not continue after couple of weeks due to work pressure etc. I think I'll restart and will reach out through your blog for any help required :)
Thank you so much. I want to extend help to as much as people I could reach out to. :) :) That way, all of us can improve our scores and finally get our PRs that we all are hoping for. Sometimes, improving our scores is the only way to get through this whole Canada journey.

I can understand that work can get really stressful.. Been through that and I still face that stuff on a day to day basis but you know what, nothing should stop you from getting what you truly deserve. So yes please do restart the French journey and i will definitely be there to guide you through it. :)

Best of luck :)