+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 96th Draw

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Thank you for your reply. In this case, your illustration should be a cut off rule, and not a tie break rule.

According to/quoting IRCC: Tie-breaking rule: December 31, 2017 at 12:14:21 UTC

Tie-break: a means of deciding a winner from competitors who have tied.

So, if this date is the tie breaker, that should mean the date that determines the highest ranked candidate among 441 profiles, which is the oldest profile/oldest upgraded profile.

The reason for all these is that, from my very first projection (post 25/07/18 draw), let's assume IRCC misconstrued/obscured their tie break/cut off terminologies, and your well defined illustration is their intention. That means, If as much as 50+ candidates were able to improve their scores to 441 from just 15/11/17 to 31/12/17, how many would've done the same from 31st Dec, 2017 till date? Probably, a whole lot, implications could be dire for the next draw for those of us that are sub 440.

Upon calculation, my earlier illustration which is the mirror reverse of yours - and if the tie break rule was indicated by 31/12/17 - aligns better with previous draw distributions. Incidentally, puts us in a better position going forward.
Almost everyone who had not maxed there scores in sub 440 is trying to be at 441+ as that is safe score for this year. Also, tie breaker can go back as much as 1 year, if someone created profile then and improved there scores only now.

Last edited:

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Almost everyone who had not maxed there scores in sub 440 is trying to be at 441+ as that is safe score for this year. Also, tie breaker can go back as much as 2 years, if someone created profile then and improved there scores only now.
The ee profile only valid for a year doh so I think it's just a year back

Reactions: hope2018

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi all,

A quick question. Can I get a medical exam done before I get an ITA?

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Thank you for your reply. In this case, your illustration should be a cut off rule, and not a tie break rule.

According to/quoting IRCC: Tie-breaking rule: December 31, 2017 at 12:14:21 UTC

Tie-break: a means of deciding a winner from competitors who have tied.

So, if this date is the tie breaker, that should mean the date that determines the highest ranked candidate among 441 profiles, which is the oldest profile/oldest upgraded profile.

The reason for all these is that, from my very first projection (post 25/07/18 draw), let's assume IRCC misconstrued/obscured their tie break/cut off terminologies, and your well defined illustration is their intention. That means, If as much as 50+ candidates were able to improve their scores to 441 from just 15/11/17 to 31/12/17, how many would've done the same from 31st Dec, 2017 till date? Probably, a whole lot, implications could be dire for the next draw for those of us that are sub 440.

Upon calculation, my earlier illustration which is the mirror reverse of yours - and if the tie break rule was indicated by 31/12/17 - aligns better with previous draw distributions. Incidentally, puts us in a better position going forward.
I feel you are getting obsessed with this rule :)

The express entry system itself is a ranking system and CIC just mentions the CRS of the last ranked candidate who has received ITA as the CRS cut off in a particular draw whereas it is just the score of the last rank holder (3750th in this case). Similarly, they do the same for profile creation date. Till last year October, they did not have this tie breaker rule and they had to invite all the remaining folks on that particular CRS score. For example, they would have either invited all with 442 and above OR invited all with 441 and above. Now, they have the leverage of fixing the number of ITAs issued in a particular draw.

Sadly, it is what it is. Yes, there are going to be a lot of folks still waiting at CRS 441, that's the reason why the cut offs don't fall drastically below this mark. Even in the next draw based on the current trends, cut off could be in the range of 439-441, most probably 440.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Hello Everyone

A query on Work Experience
Would highly appreciate your Input and the thoughts of our senior members

I have work experience on a NOC with a firm all docs and experience letters are in order however getting a PCC from the country is an issue and hence I am looking against claiming points for the same

From Sept 2, I will be in a position to move that experience to personal history without loss of any points

My query is if i get an ITA in the iterim before Sept 2 can I accept the ITA after Sept 2 and modify my profile to eliminate this experience?

Or does the work experience get locked to the time of ITA

Thank you

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello Everyone

A query on Work Experience
Would highly appreciate your Input and the thoughts of our senior members

I have work experience on a NOC with a firm all docs and experience letters are in order however getting a PCC from the country is an issue and hence I am looking against claiming points for the same

From Sept 2, I will be in a position to move that experience to personal history without loss of any points

My query is if i get an ITA in the iterim before Sept 2 can I accept the ITA after Sept 2 and modify my profile to eliminate this experience?

Or does the work experience get locked to the time of ITA

Thank you
Your real issue is getting PCC, why removing job for it then? How will it solve the real issue.

Anyways, you are free to move jobs to personal history post ITA. If it doesn't result in drop of your CRS below ITA cutoff then you are good.

But you are not addressing the real issue.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Your real issue is getting PCC, why removing job for it then? How will it solve the real issue.

Anyways, you are free to move jobs to personal history post ITA. If it doesn't result in drop of your CRS below ITA cutoff then you are good.

But you are not addressing the real issue.
Thanks for your input

Apologies I did not make the situation clearer

I haven’t stayed in that country for 6 months at a stretch at any point in time as per the requirement

However, was told that claiming points for the job might trigger the PCC requirement. Hence looking to avoid it completely.

Reactions: Johnny Ghaddar

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for your input

Apologies I did not make the situation clearer

I haven’t stayed in that country for 6 months at a stretch at any point in time as per the requirement

However, was told that claiming points for the job might trigger the PCC requirement. Hence looking to avoid it completely.
No it will not unless you claim you have more than 6 months experience in that location and your base location was that country.

But if you are employed in home country and travel to country X every few months for work then it is totally justified to include work experience.

Not sure what your situation is though. Unless you tell more details not easy to advice.