+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 96th Draw

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi
1. N/A
2. Only bachelor's and Master's
3. Put first name in both the fields and explain in LoE.

And pls, don't ask post ITA questions in this thread as people here are waiting for ITA and it is ROH for the same.
Hi Many Thanks, Can u please move me to some thread or WA group of POST ITA. ?

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
The date of the tie breaking rule might imply the profile entry date and time for the lowest ranking candidate for that particular draw. Therefore, this does not necessarily mean that nobody after the tie breaking date and time got ITAs: More debate and input needed here.

So, if you're reading this and you know someone who got ITA on the 25/07/18 and entered the pool with a score of 441 after 31/12/17 tie breaking date, please let us know to debunk this widely held belief.
Why would you believe that tie breaking rule has some other implications ? It is clearly explained on many websites who give their analysis on express entry draws that how the tie break rule works and I guess we all have that understanding of tie break system . What is the origin of this doubt ?

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Why would you believe that tie breaking rule has some other implications ? It is clearly explained on many websites who give their analysis on express entry draws that how the tie break rule works and I guess we all have that understanding of tie break system . What is the origin of this doubt ?
The numbers are not adding up. IRCC's statements if reconsidered supports the 1st theory:

* The highest ranked candidates are invited during rounds of invitations. If we issue 3,500 invitations during a round, the system will pick the top 3,500 candidates at that time. The cut-off for the round is set by the CRS and submission date of the 3,500th candidate.

* If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

From the above statements, referencing the last draw tie-breaking date, of 31/12/17: this indicates the profile submission date of the 3750th ITA recipient with a score of 441 (hence the oldest profile with 441). So, this implies that nobody with 441 is left prior to the tie breaking date. Assuming 3650 candidates scored above 441, starting from the oldest profile 3750th ITA on 441, to similar 99 profiles forward into 2018 to complete 3750 ITAs. So, a couple of profiles on 441 might have received ITA post the so called 'tie-breaking date' of 31/12/17.

Should this be the case, the draw on 08/08/18, will make a lot of people happy. Perhaps, almost all of 441 will be cleared, in fact a very few 440 might get ITA with an increase in draw size to 4000.

Once again, if you're reading this and you know someone who got ITA on the 25/07/18 and entered the pool with a score of 441 after 31/12/17 tie breaking date, please let us know.

Last edited:

georgedac

Jul 31, 2018
@FairOntario

This is how I understand the tiebreaking rule: The pool is basically a list of candidates ranked by their score. All of the candidates are firstly ranked by score. When there are multiple candidates with the same score then the candidate with the oldest profile gets to take the top slot within that score. So it's not so much a "tie breaker" as a rule for ranking candidates with the same score.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
The numbers are not adding up. IRCC's statements if reconsidered supports the 1st theory:

* The highest ranked candidates are invited during rounds of invitations. If we issue 3,500 invitations during a round, the system will pick the top 3,500 candidates at that time. The cut-off for the round is set by the CRS and submission date of the 3,500th candidate.

* If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

From the above statements, referencing the last draw tie-breaking date, of 31/12/17: this indicates the profile submission date of the 3750th ITA recipient with a score of 441 (hence the oldest profile with 441). So, this implies that nobody with 441 is left prior to the tie breaking date. Assuming 3650 candidates scored above 441, starting from the oldest profile 3750th ITA on 441, to similar 99 profiles forward into 2018 to complete 3750 ITAs. So, a couple of profiles on 441 might have received ITA post the so called 'tie-breaking date' of 31/12/17.

Should this be the case, the draw on 08/08/18, will make a lot of people happy. Perhaps, almost all of 441 will be cleared, in fact a very few 440 might get ITA with an increase in draw size to 4000.

Once again, if you're reading this and you know someone who got ITA on the 25/07/18 and entered the pool with a score of 441 after 31/12/17 tie breaking date, please let us know.
Not sure if I completely understood your hypothesis but I feel you are missing an important point here. If people improve their scores between draws (say ones who submitted in 2017), their EE submission date will remain unchanged. That is the reason you see tie breaker dates going back as long as 6 months.

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
@FairOntario

This is how I understand the tiebreaking rule: The pool is basically a list of candidates ranked by their score. All of the candidates are firstly ranked by score. When there are multiple candidates with the same score then the candidate with the oldest profile gets to take the top slot within that score. So it's not so much a "tie breaker" as a rule for ranking candidates with the same score.
So, how do you reconcile this with the so called tie-breaking date and time?

Reactions: Aarti123

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I know it wud be like dream come true, but am hoping to have weekly draw this time, may be it's today. Finger crossed

Reactions: bactrk