+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 96th Draw

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am Iranian and waiting for my Credit Evaluation to be ready on 31st of July, to submit my EE application. But I am facing a delima, and hope that someone can help.
My CRS will be somewhere betwen 460-470 (Will loose 5 points in mid August), I have lived in Swden (outside my home country) since 2010, regarding the Police records, It will take the Police in Sweden to issue the PCC within 2 weeks, I also applied for PCC a week ago for PCC from Iran, but that will take atleast 4 months!
So based on the past draws I think I will get ITA next draw, I have two options:

1- withdraw my application and wait for my PCC from Iran. Hope that 5 point reduction will still keep me in the clear.
2- Submit my application and add documents showing that I have applied for PCC even before I got ITA, and hope that the case officer will be kind enough to not reject my application.

What do you guys think? which option is better?

Sree1982

May 1, 2017
I don't want to be mean, but let's get it straight now than later.

If you put yourself into CIC shoes,The entire purpose of Immigration is to find people who "most likely" fit into Canadian economy and contribute to the system for many years to come. It will defeat the purpose if the person is too old to be able to work for 40 years or so, right? Hence, they introduced the "points reduction per year" to be fair for everybody instead of the one time cut-off of XX points when you pass a certain age. Your age already stays for that one year. And you want your age to be the same for two consecutive years now?

Now let's analyze further if you got the chance to freeze your age points just right before your birthday where there is a guy who face a strategic event and unable to do so at that right moment, you are going to have a lead compare to him. Is that fair for him?

I know your are frustrated because your are losing points. I'm really sorry for your lost.
well i am not losing ponints soon..Actually i was stating my views on people who are at 440 n expecting an ITA in next draw..i understand your views..may be you have a good point..but i was just empathetic to guys who are in the pool for an year at 440...n who have seen crs drop to 413 n expected to get ITA soon..

Reactions: FairOntario

Alex SA2C

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Does ONIP look at the spouse NOC or just the main applicant? We cant switch main applicants due to age/education factors.

Alex SA2C

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
y
Hi Guys,

I am Iranian and waiting for my Credit Evaluation to be ready on 31st of July, to submit my EE application. But I am facing a delima, and hope that someone can help.
My CRS will be somewhere betwen 460-470 (Will loose 5 points in mid August), I have lived in Swden (outside my home country) since 2010, regarding the Police records, It will take the Police in Sweden to issue the PCC within 2 weeks, I also applied for PCC a week ago for PCC from Iran, but that will take atleast 4 months!
So based on the past draws I think I will get ITA next draw, I have two options:

1- withdraw my application and wait for my PCC from Iran. Hope that 5 point reduction will still keep me in the clear.
2- Submit my application and add documents showing that I have applied for PCC even before I got ITA, and hope that the case officer will be kind enough to not reject my application.

What do you guys think? which option is better?
Option 1. your points are well above cutoff, id suggest you withdraw and reapply once you get the paperwork. you dont want to complicate your case unnecessarily.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Every draw there are anyways 500 pnps nominated..so new pnp nois don't make any difference! Trend will be the same!
Thats obviously not the case!! look at the draw of 11th July. One of the reason for higher CRS was the high number of OINPs and other PNs issued.

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
y

Option 1. your points are well above cutoff, id suggest you withdraw and reapply once you get the paperwork. you dont want to complicate your case unnecessarily.
If I consider Option 2 and apply, the worst case scnario will be that they reject me, in that case Can I create a new profile and apply again later? will I loose anything besides the creation date of my profile?

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
Guys,
I have 437 points.I really think is very dificult to win with these express entry draw scores.I am really keeping my hopes on ontario pnp.Do you think there will be more draws from Ontario?Last draw was on march 2018.My noc is 1112 and my husband is NOC 2282.Do you think I stand a chance?
thank you
I am 437 as well and I am very hopeful

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
If I consider Option 2 and apply, the worst case scnario will be that they reject me, in that case Can I create a new profile and apply again later? will I loose anything besides the creation date of my profile?
Yes , you have nothing to loose except the profile creation date but someone waiting at a CRS below the cutoff would loose an opportunity (as you would get an unwanted ITA given your current situation) and who knows , he/she could also loose 5 points and may not even get a chance again given the CRS cutoff trends .
Please don’t get me wrong , my point here is that since you yourself quoted your CRS to be either 470 or 460 , in worst case after loosing 5 points due to birthday you would be at 455 and even if IRCC misses a draw you would get in the next one after you apply. I am not giving a justification why you should not apply but just putting a scenario where it is more practical to apply when you know your documentation is complete and your are ready to accept ITA.
Rest is your judgement as you are a master of your decisions.
Cheers!

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
Yes , you have nothing to loose except the profile creation date but someone waiting at a CRS below the cutoff would loose an opportunity (as you would get an unwanted ITA given your current situation) and who knows , he/she could also loose 5 points and may not even get a chance again given the CRS cutoff trends .
Please don’t get me wrong , my point here is that since you yourself quoted your CRS to be either 470 or 460 , in worst case after loosing 5 points due to birthday you would be at 455 and even if IRCC misses a draw you would get in the next one after you apply. I am not giving a justification why you should not apply but just putting a scenario where it is more practical to apply when you know your documentation is complete and your are ready to accept ITA.
Rest is your judgement as you are a master of your decisions.
Cheers!
Thanks, very good point. I will most probably not submit my application.

Reactions: Alex SA2C

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
well i am not losing ponints soon..Actually i was stating my views on people who are at 440 n expecting an ITA in next draw..i understand your views..may be you have a good point..but i was just empathetic to guys who are in the pool for an year at 440...n who have seen crs drop to 413 n expected to get ITA soon..
There would have been less incentives/need for freezing entry age till profile expiry, if the 3 week draw delay anomaly/tie break rule was eliminated/ counterbalanced/corrected with back to back draws or some other creative fair adjustments that was effected/present as early as last year.

Think about people on 442 who missed ITA due to the tie break rule on 25th June, and subsequently lost 6 points (birthday) before the 11th July draw, and can no longer improve scores. As expected, the next draw on July 25, cut off was 441: unfortunately, the selfish justification of getting the best candidates is rendered baseless. A better candidate with 442, CLB9/10 just lost out!

No one is saying IRCC should opt for weaker scores, but please be fair to ALL! Let's know we got defeated by the better candidates with higher scores, and not 3 week draw delays to keep up with cosmetic and useless goals, such as bi weekly draw cycles! CONSISTENCY PLEASE AND NO MORE seeming MANIPULATIONS!

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have a CRS score of 438 and I submitted my profile on May 15th this year. Do I stand any chance this year?
With consistent bi weekly draws, and no 3 week delays, you should get ITA. However, if you are among those not loosing points due to age this year, and you can still improve your IELTS score, then target CLB9/10. This would certainly improve your chances.