+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 95th Draw

Alex SA2C

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I did ECA to DxD.. No need to submit again... Only in rare cases they ask for more , if doing CxC
Thank you! this is such good news. The WES screen said they had received all documents but it seemed too good to be true! saving me a day standing in ques at university and courier fees and about a week of time wasted! so happy!

amilad64

Jun 21, 2018
BTW there is zero correlation between ielts results and EE draws.
Yeah, I do feel like the effect of the IELT score releases is exaggerated because it assumes that test takers are receiving the highest possible points on their exams. However, one thing to account for is when people improve their scores, for instance, im sitting the 28th exam in order to bump my score up from 438 to 441. But yeah, all in all, i do not think it is as drastic of a factor as most people make it out to be.

Reactions: Alex SA2C

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
But yeah, all in all, i do not think it is as drastic of a factor as most people make it out to be.
I will disagree.
IELTS is the single most important factor that decides whether someone gets an ITA. In fact the CRS cut off is stuck at 440s ONLY due to the IELTS outcomes and the number of people attempting it. Somehow the number of applicants streaming out with good IELTS scores (and profiles) seem to nullify the increased draw size/frequencies causing this 440 sweet spot.

Yeah, I do feel like the effect of the IELT score releases is exaggerated because it assumes that test takers are receiving the highest possible points on their exams. .
Bigger percentage of IELTS takers are first timers and if they already are good at English, the first time is all they need. It is just a validation for what they already have and then 13 days later they are ready for their ITAs. Just so you know, CLB9 is not a very tall bar to jump.

Reactions: Eli31

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I will disagree.
IELTS is the single most important factor that decides whether someone gets an ITA. I.
IELTS as the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT (que horror) factor whether someone gets an ITA or not? Not even PNP nomination? Or family ties? Or education?

CLB 9 is NOT an easy hurdle to overcome FYI. Even native English speakers fail to get a 7.0 on Writing.

Reactions: FairOntario

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
I will disagree.
IELTS is the single most important factor that decides whether someone gets an ITA. In fact the CRS cut off is stuck at 440s ONLY due to the IELTS outcomes and the number of people attempting it. Somehow the number of applicants streaming out with good IELTS scores (and profiles) seem to nullify the increased draw size/frequencies causing this 440 sweet spot.

Bigger percentage of IELTS takers are first timers and if they already are good at English, the first time is all they need. It is just a validation for what they already have and then 13 days later they are ready for their ITAs. Just so you know, CLB9 is not a very tall bar to jump.
You missed a point here . IELTS result are making a difference , but the pattern is not such that only 13 days around a result we see a sudden spike in EE entries. EE entry flow is consistant .
Not all IELTS takers are immediately ready with there ECA evaluation and hence do not enter the pool on 13th day or so . But yes , scores upgrades due to IELTS , is a factor we cannot undermine , but again, they are not the majority in the pool. For example , with Bachelors degree you could jump to max 441 , who are also in the waiting queue. With Masters , stories may be different , but here is another catch not everyone scores CLB10.
What we have observed so far is , the moment we reached 440 on 23rd May , there was a draw skip following it , which added 7 more days of fresh Entries. Next time when we were too close to 440 i.e on 11th July , the pool was flooded with long pending nominations from Ontario and Manitoba.
So, we may call it tough luck this year around , series of events have kept <442 group at bay.
No doubt , influx of high score entries is unprecedented , but IELTs result have never brought a surge so far. If they bring it this time , then we will have another aspect to predict from next time onwards :D

Reactions: FairOntario

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
IELTS as the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT (que horror) factor whether someone gets an ITA or not? Not even PNP nomination? Or family ties? Or education?

CLB 9 is NOT an easy hurdle to overcome FYI. Even native English speakers fail to get a 7.0 on Writing.
I am already in pool with 437. My last IELTS score was CLB9 in all the components... I am expecting my second attempt result this week. If i score CLB9 in 2 components and CLB10 in 2 components, my crs will increase to 443. I am not a native speaker. I lived most of my life in India.... IELTS score is achieved by practice...

Without any IELTS results, there was no change in the last draw.... This time IELTS will have an effect... I was in the pool last time also... but this draw my CRS will increase only because of IELTS...

Mhh40

Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys,

I got my ECA assessment. My degree is a Agricultural Engineer BS.

But the ECA says on the Report ( Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors and Master's degree ).

So according to my CIC profile my highest education is masters no?

Thanks

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hey guys,

I got my ECA assessment. My degree is a Agricultural Engineer BS.

But the ECA says on the Report ( Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors and Master's degree ).

So according to my CIC profile my highest education is masters no?

Thanks
Did you have two degrees evaluated, where one was equivalent to a masters and one to a bachelors? If yes, then you choose Masters. Otherwise, I think it would be helpful if you shared a picture of the report, makes it easier to answer your query.

Mhh40

Apr 25, 2018
Did you have two degrees evaluated, where one was equivalent to a masters and one to a bachelors? If yes, then you choose Masters. Otherwise, I think it would be helpful if you shared a picture of the report, makes it easier to answer your query.
On the top it says.
( CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree
Duplicate Evaluation Report (original completed on May 27,2015)

and on the bottom
(

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2015
Awarded by: //////////////////
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Agriculture
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diplôme d'Ingénieur
(Diploma of Engineer)
Awarded by: ///////////////
Major/Specialization: Agricultural Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree
)

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
On the top it says.
Master's degree

and on the bottom
(

(Diploma of Engineer)
)
Not sure about this one, sorry. My gut says you can choose Masters degree, but other forum members please chime in :)

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
On the top it says.
Master's degree

and on the bottom
(

(Diploma of Engineer)
)
It's masters...

Reactions: Ronja5200

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
You missed a point here . IELTS result are making a difference , but the pattern is not such that only 13 days around a result we see a sudden spike in EE entries. EE entry flow is consistant .
Not all IELTS takers are immediately ready with there ECA evaluation and hence do not enter the pool on 13th day or so . But yes , scores upgrades due to IELTS , is a factor we cannot undermine , but again, they are not the majority in the pool. For example , with Bachelors degree you could jump to max 441 , who are also in the waiting queue. With Masters , stories may be different , but here is another catch not everyone scores CLB10.
What we have observed so far is , the moment we reached 440 on 23rd May , there was a draw skip following it , which added 7 more days of fresh Entries. Next time when we were too close to 440 i.e on 11th July , the pool was flooded with long pending nominations from Ontario and Manitoba.
So, we may call it tough luck this year around , series of events have kept <442 group at bay.
No doubt , influx of high score entries is unprecedented , but IELTs result have never brought a surge so far. If they bring it this time , then we will have another aspect to predict from next time onwards :D
But did we totally forget that the last draw was after 16 days and not 14 days, if lets say each day 230 candidates are entering the pool then two days can push up the draw score by a point or maybe two. I also agree that maybe due to graduation some people got extra scores for MS degrees which shifted the equilibrium, PNPs were an added factor. However in the next draw, do you think PNPs will still be present? If not shouldnt draw CRS dip down to 441?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Not sure about this one, sorry. My gut says you can choose Masters degree, but other forum members please chime in :)
I think it's a mistake, if he sent bachelors degree and it gets evaluated as masters. Even if he did select masters in his application, he will have to upload his degree in the application and it contradicts wes evaluation. His application will be rejected as incomplete

world101

Jan 19, 2018
I have a question regarding the tie-breaker rule.

If I created my Express Entry profile on a certain date (let's say March 30), and then updated some information to boost the CRS standing (let say on July 1st), then, if the tie-breaker came to be March 31st in the next draw with favorable CRS, would I be in or not.