+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 94th Draw

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum but I was searching it for a few days and trying to understand everything. I have one question which I couldn't find an answer to. I am applying for Express Entry and getting my Degree evaluated by WES. My wife has done her master also, but she has not yet finished her thesis. Does she need to get an Evaluation from WES also, even though she hasn't finalized her studies yet and hasn't received her Degree yet?
If she does get her studies evaluated will she receive any points for her incomplete studies?

Also can someone give a small introduction on all the abbreviations beeing used on the forum? its a bit confusing, i.e. AOR, e-apr, PPS, ...

Thanks everyone.

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum but I was searching it for a few days and trying to understand everything. I have one question which I couldn't find an answer to. I am applying for Express Entry and getting my Degree evaluated by WES. My wife has done her master also, but she has not yet finished her thesis. Does she need to get an Evaluation from WES also, even though she hasn't finalized her studies yet and hasn't received her Degree yet?
If she does get her studies evaluated will she receive any points for her incomplete studies?

Also can someone give a small introduction on all the abbreviations beeing used on the forum? its a bit confusing, i.e. AOR, e-apr, PPS, ...

Thanks everyone.
WES cannot be done on a degree that is incomplete. You will need to get the degree certificate alongwith transcripts from the university to complete WES.

Secondly, for abbreviations you can just Google them in reference to Canadian PR

Reactions: Ronja5200

jbj274

Jun 29, 2018
WES cannot be done on a degree that is incomplete. You will need to get the degree certificate alongwith transcripts from the university to complete WES.
In WES website is has an information part in required documents saying:
  • For incomplete, in-progress, or pre-Bologna study, please ask the institution you attended to send your academic transcript directly to WES.
So i guess they can still assess it but maybe I won't get any points for it?

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
In WES website is has an information part in required documents saying:
  • For incomplete, in-progress, or pre-Bologna study, please ask the institution you attended to send your academic transcript directly to WES.
So i guess they can still assess it but maybe I won't get any points for it?
What will be the need if evaluated and no points? The spouse's B.Sc should be evaluated instead, it is just difference of two points.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing the link. According to their announcement they only invite the candidates who have STRONG TIES with Alberta. My question is what this STRONG TIES is implying? For example,

1- Is this AINP EE stream only for those who have studied or worked in Alberta?
2- What about having a sibling there? Can it be regarded as a STRONG TIE?

Regarding the current trend in ITA, I feel hopeless because I'm at 420's and it's quite unlikely that I receive a direct ITA with that crs. Therefore, I've been struggling to find any other possible solution.

I really appreciate your guidance in advance.
Because of their conditions (unlike for Ontario) are written in the hidden ink, so nobody has a clue what does it mean. So it means that can choose whoever they like to choose.

Reactions: pedro2121

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys pls tell me PCC validity for India is 6 months or 1 year?
We got ours through CGI Toronto. The agency which handles the PCC applications told us validity of the PCC issued by CGI was 6 months.

But, there is nothing mentioned specifically w.r.t to the validity on the PCC document itself...

Last edited:

Sree1982

May 1, 2017
As u all know the timeline for applying is reduced to 2 months or 60 day from 90 days..does this indirectly imply that they are speeding up the processing time..what do you guys think?

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Am wondering how CRS scores can drop by 9pts from 451 to 442 in 2weeks after a 3weeks gap draw despite the backlog of candidates, but can't for a regular 2week draw. Surely it can't/won't drop by the same margin for the next 2week gap draw with no ielts result expected. I know there are other variables particularly ECA that controls creating a profile BUT it makes me lean on the popular opinion here that IRCC are keeping score intentionally high. I have seen this play out before, just when we start hoping and dreaming they do something funny.