27th Jan 2019
Passport Req..
9th May 2019
So no draw today....

Gury Singh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hello guys!
Hope all of you will receive your ITAs very soon. Those who are struggling, please keep the spirits up and stay positive despite the recent
high cut-offs!

I am 25 years old and currently sitting at 433 after getting my May 12 IELTS result which are L:9, R:9, S:8.5,W:6. Should I request a re-evaluation on my writing?
I kept missing 1 point here or there in my previous IELTS and not able to get CLB9 is driving me crazy!!!!
I do not have a bachelor degree, therefore, I am ineligible for Human Capital or Nomination.
I have a 2 year Diploma from Canadian College and 2 years Canadian Working experience
If i am able to get into Band CLB9, my score will be boosted into 456 which will make my ITA a sure thing!

I have been browsing this forum for a while and it is delightful to see that most members are so positive and encouraging others who are a little bit pessimistic. This is Ray of HOPE! We shall keep it up!

If any of you have any questions regarding studying, living and working in Canada, Toronto particularly, I will be glad to help.
1 point increase is vry tough in re-eval. U may better reappear... it wil save time as well

lavi13

May 19, 2018
Nope buddy... they clearly mentioned its ITA target, NOT PR.

They know rejection rate and average dependents per application, accordingly they have set ITA target to meet their immigration demands.

But I would like myself to be wrong. We need PR btw :)
Any official statements/reports for the number of ITAs and not number of PRs.

If my memory serves me well, the quota was to number of new immigrants.
so a lot of questions,
1 does it includes PNP applications as there is separate Quota?
2 does it includes persons applying from outside canada only, eg who are not on work permit or student visa?

What ever the case, lets hope for best..

Reactions: Gury Singh

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
1 point increase is vry tough in re-eval. U may better reappear... it wil save time as well
Thanks for tour reply. Yes, I have booked another test which is taking place on July 7th. I am wondering if it is beneficial to get a re-evaluation on this one since a change of 0.5 can boost my current score to 439 which will allow me to stand a better chance while waiting for the new exam. However, 165 dollar for remarking is a bit pricy.

Thanks

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
I hope someone wil reply this tym, 3rd tym Im asking.
Does anyone think draw would reach 430 till Dec?
At least Once or twice by Dec.

The score has started seeing downslope in Cutoff, and this trend will take dives mostly after July. Compared to last year, the average net additions of profiles on the pool in the 451-600 range is higher. This, as I figure, is an largely an outcome of applicants of CEC, Canadian Education and Other several factors that are already being discussed. However, the CEC and Canadian students applying under various categories will decline for a few months now, cooling off slowly the 451-600 range.

Also, a large percentage of PNPs being issued will be complete between July-Sept, which mostly accounts for the net additions in the 600+ range.

CIC being more structured and strategic than last year would already have factored these things. And hence instead of issuing random no. of ITAs as seen last year, is now issuing ITAs systematically. I don’t expect back to back draws, but possibly higher nos. Like 3750 for next couple of draws. Definitely, as CIC has designed EE such that younger, more qualified and “already in Canada” applicants get higher scores, they are now taking it to next level where they will exercise “wait and watch” strategy to get the preferred lot in first, and if need be increase either draw frequency or size later. Only if need be.

Having said that as per my understanding, the scores are definitely seeing a drop in next few rounds, but lower 430s in last quarter, i.e Oct-Dec.

Unfortunately for me, I will drop to 429 in July.

Thanks.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
At least Once or twice by Dec.

The score has started seeing downslope in Cutoff, and this trend will take dives mostly after July. Compared to last year, the average net additions of profiles on the pool in the 451-600 range is higher. This, as I figure, is an largely an outcome of applicants of CEC, Canadian Education and Other several factors that are already being discussed. However, the CEC and Canadian students applying under various categories will decline for a few months now, cooling off slowly the 451-600 range.

Also, a large percentage of PNPs being issued will be complete between July-Sept, which mostly accounts for the net additions in the 600+ range.

CIC being more structured and strategic than last year would already have factored these things. And hence instead of issuing random no. of ITAs as seen last year, is now issuing ITAs systematically. I don’t expect back to back draws, but possibly higher nos. Like 3750 for next couple of draws. Definitely, as CIC has designed EE such that younger, more qualified and “already in Canada” applicants get higher scores, they are now taking it to next level where they will exercise “wait and watch” strategy to get the preferred lot in first, and if need be increase either draw frequency or size later. Only if need be.

Having said that as per my understanding, the scores are definitely seeing a drop in next few rounds, but lower 430s in last quarter, i.e Oct-Dec.

Unfortunately for me, I will drop to 429 in July.

Thanks.
Don't worry. I hope you're trying PNP s

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hello guys!
Hope all of you will receive your ITAs very soon. Those who are struggling, please keep the spirits up and stay positive despite the recent
high cut-offs!

I am 25 years old and currently sitting at 433 after getting my May 12 IELTS result which are L:9, R:9, S:8.5,W:6. Should I request a re-evaluation on my writing?
I kept missing 1 point here or there in my previous IELTS and not able to get CLB9 is driving me crazy!!!!
I do not have a bachelor degree, therefore, I am ineligible for Human Capital or Nomination.
I have a 2 year Diploma from Canadian College and 2 years Canadian Working experience
If i am able to get into Band CLB9, my score will be boosted into 456 which will make my ITA a sure thing!

I have been browsing this forum for a while and it is delightful to see that most members are so positive and encouraging others who are a little bit pessimistic. This is Ray of HOPE! We shall keep it up!

If any of you have any questions regarding studying, living and working in Canada, Toronto particularly, I will be glad to help.
First of all, thank you for your words and will to help! :)

Regarding ways to improve your CRS, have you try CELPIP exam? Maybe you have more lucky with this one. I hear that it is only available in Canada and you are over there.

Another thing is that you could start learning French, you are lucky to be in your 20s ;) and you are not been deductedof 5 points as many of us in our 30s. :confused: So, this could work as your plan B, medium-term.

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
First of all, thank you for your words and will to help! :)

Regarding ways to improve your CRS, have you try CELPIP exam? Maybe you have more lucky with this one. I hear that it is only available in Canada and you are over there.

Another thing is that you could start learning French, you are lucky to be in your 20s ;) and you are not been deductedof 5 points as many of us in our 30s. :confused: So, this could work as your plan B, medium-term.
Thanks for you advice and kind words!
Yes, I also tried cellular twice. My score was L 11 R 12 W 8 S 8, so still not quite desireable. I would recommend Ielts over celpip to anyone who is in Canada, celpip speaking section is the worst nightmare with all the other test taker taking at the same time and some of them can even start theit speaking while you are still working on your writing!

People who are in 30s usually have more work experience and higher education background which will grand them with higher scores. French is definitely worth trying but I am still working on mastering English as it is my second language and it shares in thing in common with my first.

Cheers!

RayZh

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thanks for you advice and kind words!
Yes, I also tried cellular twice. My score was L 11 R 12 W 8 S 8, so still not quite desireable. I would recommend Ielts over celpip to anyone who is in Canada, celpip speaking section is the worst nightmare with all the other test taker taking at the same time and some of them can even start theit speaking while you are still working on your writing!

People who are in 30s usually have more work experience and higher education background which will grand them with higher scores. French is definitely worth trying but I am still working on mastering English as it is my second language and it shares in thing in common with my first.

Cheers!
Sorry for the typos guys. I am working and typing with my phone ;). It was Celpip* and grant*

Alikazmi

Nov 10, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I need some information regarding ECA of 2 degrees.

In my case, I evaluated my Electrical Engineering Degree feom WES in 2014. On credential, A 4 Years Bachelor's Degree was mentioned.

Now in 2018, recently I completed Master's in English Literature.
My question is if I evaluate this degress from WES, would they mention my previous degree along with this degree on credential?

Your kind response is required.

Polarbear1

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
India
I hope someone wil reply this tym, 3rd tym Im asking.
Does anyone think draw would reach 430 till Dec?
There is a very strong feeling that cic is playing very smart by using all possible means to keep crs high....and being successful at it coz its raining applicants with high scores.
From what it looks to me at this point in time is scores will not go lesser than 437 or maybe 435 but then tables may turn anytime ....it is all guesswork ...may we all meet there!

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
I have been part of other groups from other websites. One attorney in of one of such group has suggested that this time the cut off will go lowest 438-439 and no lesser if the cic issues only 3500 ITA

Reactions: Ronja5200

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
There is a very strong feeling that cic is playing very smart by using all possible means to keep crs high....and being successful at it coz its raining applicants with high scores.
From what it looks to me at this point in time is scores will not go lesser than 437 or maybe 435 but then tables may turn anytime ....it is all guesswork ...may we all meet there!
Another conspiracy theory:
Last year they did quick back to back draws to bring the score down quickly. BUT not many ppl went thru because the draws were back to back so it was a quick dip.
What it did was to give hope to thousands who are entering till today. Who benefits? CIC with more variety or buying power.

Now with a great pool they can keep scores in high 430s and keep getting the ppl they want.

The popularity of EE is now self sustaining and will be forever high. With no further need of back to back draws to bring score down.

Bad news for ppl like me in low 430s... Only hope is forcing ppl to PNPs in remote provinces which is good news for CIC to populate the remote areas and make Torontos and Vancouvers of the future...