+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 91st Draw

djluvrocks

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hello all,

My CRS score is 417. IELTS is CLB 8 (L 7.5, R 9, W 7, S 8). Yes, I will be retaking IELTS. Exclude that advice as of now.

On this score, I understand I'm eligible for PNP programs, but would like to know what are the disadvantages of going this route, beyond the obvious more time consuming process.

Do i have to stay/work in that particular province after getting an ITA for certain number of months/years?

Appreciate your response

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello guys,

Imagine you have been working in a company for 3 years 10 months and you have worked in two diff positions as a Admin assistance (noc1241) for 7 months and then Admin officer (noc 1221) for 3years 3 months. My question follows;

1. When filling your Profile and you are asked "do you have any work history since when" do you put the combined years of 2 positions duration or just the one with the 3years?

2. In the work reference letter, will you have the two positions mentioned with your different job duties? And will the two different salary earnings be mentioned?

3. The spouse work history should be a "No" since points are not claims for it right?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

My CRS score is 417. IELTS is CLB 8 (L 7.5, R 9, W 7, S 8). Yes, I will be retaking IELTS. Exclude that advice as of now.

On this score, I understand I'm eligible for PNP programs, but would like to know what are the disadvantages of going this route, beyond the obvious more time consuming process.

Do i have to stay/work in that particular province after getting an ITA for certain number of months/years?

Appreciate your response
Learn French or go study in Canada. That is the best advice for you. Good luck

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Hi guys,

After doing a deep dive in statistical analysis on express entry profiles added to the pool on a daily basis, I have concluded the following:

On a daily basis, approximately 200 to 250 profile get added to the pool with scores above 441
If you multiply that by 14 days (2 weeks) that is close almost 3,500 applications getting added to the pool with scores above 441 in between each draw. The proof of this can be easily summarized without going to too much detail.

On May 23, 2018, the express entry draw picked up all candidates with score 440 and more. That means all profiles above 441 were cleared up by that time.
NOW, just see what happened the very next day:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of May 24, 2018
CRS Score Range Number of Candidates
601-1200
451-600
441-450

228 applications were added to the pool above 441 CRS the very next day. (Now take that as an average and multiply by 14). The pool of candidates with scores above 441 keeps filling up again and again and so cut off is not coming down. If this trend continues, say good bye to scores going below 440.
we had a draw last week so it might help for this upcoming draw and also if they increase the size to 3750 it could help as well...but also there are people entering the pool who are at 440 exactly

djluvrocks

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Learn French or go study in Canada. That is the best advice for you. Good luck
Thank you for your response.

While I cannot take French language path due to ongoing life commitments, I have dual Master's degree (MBA + MS), MS being in US and a 3 years work exp in India and I really don't want to study any further. I missed by 0.5 in listening otherwise I would have a 478 CRS score. I tried twice and I failed to crack listening.

Would you please shed some light on

I have read the Mobility Rights in Constitution and some other threads here on CV, but I'm not 100% sure if it would be the right way to go forward.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response.

While I cannot take French language path due to ongoing life commitments, I have dual Master's degree (MBA + MS), MS being in US and a 3 years work exp in India and I really don't want to study any further. I missed by 0.5 in listening otherwise I would have a 478 CRS score. I tried twice and I failed to crack listening.

Would you please shed some light on

I have read the Mobility Rights in Constitution and some other threads here on CV, but I'm not 100% sure if it would be the right way to go forward.
I think in your case is best to keep trying IELTS, that is your best option.
And no there is nothing like a specific time commitment. Only wild card is if and how would provinces deal with intention to settle down (as you shall provide that document). Good luck.

djluvrocks

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I think in your case is best to keep trying IELTS, that is your best option.
And no there is nothing like a specific time commitment. Only wild card is if and how would provinces deal with intention to settle down (as you shall provide that document). Good luck.
Gotcha! Thank you once again.

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
I really hope so it comes down. Sitting at 438 but still doubtful that I will get through this year.
I think they planned evenly this year than last year where first half saw more ITAs than second half! So i think cut-off gonna decrease but slowly..and with 438 you have fair shot in next 2-3 months! So pray for no 3 week draw! I repeat no 3 week draw! :)

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I think they planned evenly this year than last year where first half saw more ITAs than second half! So i think cut-off gonna decrease but slowly..and with 438 you have fair shot in next 2-3 months! So pray for no 3 week draw! I repeat no 3 week draw! :)
YEa hope that happens tomorrow!

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
CIC already gave 32200 ITAs this year. According to this years target, 42700 are left to be given. By doing the math, does it mean only 6100 itas every month for the rest of the year?
Also, if there are 250 candidates with scores higher than 441 is entering the pool everyday, chances of cut off decreases are gonna be real low right?
I really wish I’m wrong, but please enlighten me!

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi IPeople,

I have few queries.

1. I had applied for my husband's replacement certificate from Pearson. The same has been dispatched from Pearson to WES two days back. But we havnt got any tracking number for the same. How do we ensure it has reached WES? Is there any way to know. We had opted for Standard service by delivery by DHL.

2. My Husband has done HND Hospitality, 3 yr Higher National Diploma from Edexcel, UK and The basis that had got addission directly for 3rd year Bachlor's degree in hospitality from Yashwantro Chauhan Open university,Nashik. (He got 1st and 2nd Year BSc Wavier bcause of HND)
Both, Edexcel and Nashik universities are recosniged by WES
My ques is What Canadian equivalency can i expect and howmany additional marks will it fetch me?

Your quick responce is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Harshala
To question 2. My situation was similar and my HNd was equivalent to a 2 year diploma and the Bsc to a 4 year degree even if I only did it for one year because I also got exempted from the 1st and 2nd year