+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

Apr 28, 2018
Hi There,

Can someone please help me with Post ITA discussion thread? I have been searching for something that has a discussion forum for the document submission and PPR timelines.

It would be a great help if someone can help me with the correct thread for this.

Thanks and Best of luck to everyone for the 90th Draw, May everyone's wishes come true...

Reactions: Polarbear1

MISSL12

Star Member
May 2, 2018
AOR Received.
21-06-2018
I would suggest you practice by attempting the IELTS practice exams from books(names given below). Identify where you are making mistakes, taking more time, whether you are having difficulty because your reading speed is slow or you are having difficulty understanding some grammatical structures.
> If you have problems with comprehension(understanding meaning of sentences, etc).
Refer to a grammar book and learn the relvant sections.
Mark diificult words and learn them.
Improve your vocabulary (book mentioned below).
> If it is because of your reading speed, google for speed reading techniques and use them to see if they help you.

My personal tips:
1. For the given section, quickly read the questions beforehand. That way you know what answers you are looking for.
2. Genrally(and this may vary, so take it with a grain of salt) most questions are in the order of the passage. That is you can expect to find the answers
for first few questions in the first paragraph and so on. Once you have read the questions, you will als have an idea if a particular paragaph you are reading could have the answer to a particular question or questions.
3. Once you have read the questions, do a fast scan through the passage. If you find any answers, underline the relevant lines and indicate which
question it answers.
4. Underline any key information that may help answer the questions you have read.
5. You will get better at this as you practice more.

Reference/Practice Books:
Cambridge English: IELTS 11 General Training with Answers First Edition,2016 IELTS 11 General Training with Answers
Cambridge Vocabulary for Ielts with Answers and Audio CD
Cambridge Grammar for Ielts with Answers and Audio CD
Barron`s IELTS Practice Exams
Barron`s IELTS (2 CD Free)

Good luck!!

Hello! Thank you so much for your recommendations! I am at 441, but I feel like I need to improve my score.
You will never know how the score swings...
My reading was 6... and it is low-(

Reactions: M&Ms and Aarti123

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Is there still any hope for the CRS drop down by 425 ?just like it was in 2017 ?
Hope yes, chances no.
All we can do is to use math to formulate guesses. Based on that it is highly unlikely it will go below 432 in 2018.
I am not going to use stuff like "anything can happen", "increase your score", "IRCC is unpredictable", "no one knows" etc. You already know all of that.
Good luck!

Reactions: Polarbear1

M&Ms

Apr 25, 2018
This question has probably been covered already but...if WES says:
3 years diploma and 3 years bachelors degree
Then in the express entry I would choose -
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees? Yes?

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
This question has probably been covered already but...if WES says:
3 years diploma and 3 years bachelors degree
Then in the express entry I would choose -
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees? Yes?
Create your EE profile and see the magic yourself.

Reactions: Aarti123