+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Ok. My institution is recognized by WES. However, as pointed out by you, my WES report (for my second degree) doesn't read EXACTLY as the option of "One Year Certficate" or anything like that. Instead it only states CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY as "COMPLETION OF EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM from a Graduate School of BUSINESS".

What does this mean? Is the Canadian Equivalency report correctly interpretated by me as "One Year Certificate" or no? If no, should I approach WES for further details or altogether get it evaluated from IQAS?

Any help here please.

Thanks.
Search this forum for "ECA equivalency COMPLETION OF EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM from a Graduate School of BUSINESS", you'll get your answer.

Reactions: nt13

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
To evaluate your degree it need not include certificate of completion. They do it solely on transcripts and not on CoC.
All your transcripts has to say something like “degree requirements are met” with detailed course & marks information which most of transcripts say once you have completed all requirements for a degree.
You need either a degree or a course completion certificate along with Transcripts to get the evaluation done. If you apply only with transcripts, they'll put your application on hold until you send them a copy of your degree.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi I received my ITA last week and I have the following things to confirm before I submit my application

Background Info:

Primary Applicant: My Wife

Spouse: Me

Applied for both of us together.

Score: 453

We both hold a Valid Canadian Visit Visa for which we have a UCI

Then after getting an ITA we both now have a separate new UCI

I am the spouse and I have a sister that holds a Canadian passport

1. In the "Immigration history and citizenships" section for Primary Applicant

Has applicant applied to IRCC before?

YES

Has applicant applied for PR before?

NO

If applicant has a UCI please enter it below

I have entered the UCI for Visit Visa.

Is this the correct way to do it? Yes

In my case in the "Immigration history and citizenships" section

The have asked for UCI

Should I put the UCI no I received when I had applied for Visit visa? Or the new one in the Express entry profile. Visit Visa

Please note that when I enter my profile in MyCIC, there is no UCI mentioned anymore. I had applied in 2015. However, luckily I found a letter issued at that time and the UCI code is mentioned in that.

2. Is the Internal Audit and Risk Management job regulated in Canada?

In my EE profile I put NO.

If the answer is YES, what are the next steps to follow? Just say "No" to the first question and all the others will be gone. The research questions are optional.

3. In the Family info section

For the Prime Applicant

Do I need to mention my name again? (Spouse) Because the question is “Please tell us about applicant's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.” The highlighted text explains it. You don't need to mention your name.

For myself

Do I mention my sister’s info in the family section again? Before this section they have already asked for info about my relative in Canada (my sister). Yes, mention her.

3. My mother’s FULL name on the passport has been mentioned in the “Given Name Section” and the Surname Section has been left blank. E.g. John Will Smith and the surname section is left blank.

How do I mention this in the family section, because the application asks for first and last name and both the fields are mandatory? Ideally you are supposed to leave the first name blank and mention the name in Surname section. If this does not work, mention the same name in both the section.
Answers inline...

Reactions: Aman6591

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Maverick...
Do we need something specific to be written in ECA by WES to qualify for two degrees after 10th....like will it work if they write "Secondary school diploma" or do they have to write as "2 year diploma" or it does not matter...please suggest
Hello,

I am sitting on 437 and have done my ECA though WES. here is what I have in my ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS :

1) Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2) Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
3) Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Both of my Diploma's were after 10th and before Bachelors. I was not sure either if my ECA will be considered as "Two or more Degree/Diploma". I came to know about it when I actually created my EE profile. So, Key here is to give the exact same details that's on your ECA and let the system calculate the points for you. In my case, I have 3 entries under my education section in my EE profile as above and the system awarded me "Two or more Degree/Diploma" points.

"Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

The above website is a bit tricky to handle. Just understand that if you are masters, you wont be awarded anything more than Masters points (except you are a PhD). To qualify for "Two or more Degree/Diploma" one of your credentials should be a "three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree" plus any of the degree/diploma results in the following sections except under the "Secondary school (high school diploma)" section.

Please don't waste your time getting opinions on the forum. Create your EE profile and give details as in your ECA, that should take care of it.

Hope this helps

Good luck!!.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello,

I am sitting on 437 and have done my ECA though WES. here is what I have in my ECA.

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS :

1) Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2) Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
3) Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Both of my Diploma's were after 10th and before Bachelors. I was not sure either if my ECA will be considered as "Two or more Degree/Diploma". I came to know about it when I actually created my EE profile. So, Key here is to give the exact same details that's on your ECA and let the system calculate the points for you. In my case, I have 3 entries under my education section in my EE profile as above and the system awarded me "Two or more Degree/Diploma" points.

"Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

The above website is a bit tricky to handle. Just understand that if you are masters, you wont be awarded anything more than Masters points (except you are a PhD). To qualify for "Two or more Degree/Diploma" one of your credentials should be a "three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree" plus any of the degree/diploma results in the following sections except under the "Secondary school (high school diploma)" section.

Please don't waste your time getting opinions on the forum. Create your EE profile and give details as in your ECA, that should take care of it.

Hope this helps

Good luck!!.
Bingo!

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Awesome detailed explanation...
Just one thing...secondary means 10th class in India..so even diploma after 10th( usually this diploma is equivalent to 12th) in combination with bachelor's after diploma will give two degrees points ..finally confusion cleared.,.I hope Wes does not show this diploma as secondary school diploma...it should be shown as post-secondary diploma
This is how it will show in your ECA

DIPLOMA ( TWO YEARS) AND BACHELORS DEGREE (4 YEARS).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1) Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2) Bachelors degree ( four years)

This is assuming you completed 3 year diploma after 10th class followed by bachelors of engg (3 years).

Reactions: desmat

Victor123

May 3, 2018
Guys, posting it again - can some one please give your inputs for below

Hello All,

I received ITA under CEC category last week and I am preparing documents to submit. I am not clear on few things, can any one please advise?

1) Read from official website, that there is no need to provide any bank statements for Financial support if I apply under CEC class, if that's true do I need to upload the Letter of explanation stating the same and what else LOE should include?

2) I worked for 2 companies in 2017 and I have T4's for both of them and Notice of assessment replicates that.
In the profile, I mentioned only one company under my work history and I am claiming points for that. Do I still need to provide the T4 for the company which I did not mentioned in the work history to clarify the Notice of assessment(total earning for the year)?
I will include my previous company experience in the personal history though?

3) I am resident of Ontario working for Quebec company, and I did my taxes from Ontario. In the reference letter that I got from my company clearly states the Quebec address. Do I require any additional documentation to state that I am resident of Ontario to support my case ?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

canadadream26

May 8, 2018
You need either a degree or a course completion certificate along with Transcripts to get the evaluation done. If you apply only with transcripts, they'll put your application on hold until you send them a copy of your degree.
Actually in my case my indian undergrad university was kind enough to already add the CoC in the transcript. And for My MS from the USA they didnot include anything else in the transcript except what I mentioned above. Still my ECA was done without any issues.