+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
There is IELTS exam on May 12 but the good thing is the result wouldn't be out until May 25. Hopefully, a draw on May 23 might do the magic.
What magic is it going to do? There will still be 100 people per day entering the pool even without IELTS and with so many people waiting in line, the score may not come down more than a couple of points (may be 439/438) which is bad for people like me at 435. I was thinking a couple of points today and couple of points next draw would bring it closer to mine but today is such a disappointment.

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Guys Don't lose hope. I think this has happened because of the effect of last year's low cut off scores during April and May.

Many people like me had planned to get into the pool during this time and that is also one of the reasons why you see a sudden influx of applications.

Another reason is the OINP nominations which were issued during last week.

However, remember that now there is no IELTS happening in this month and because of this reason the number of applicant's can't enter the pool that frequently. So there is a hope that the scores will come down.

Also, Becuase their plan is to issue around 86,000 invitations during 2018 they have to keep that ITA number UP.

Last year till the 1st Draw of May they had issued 39,769 ITA whereas, this year that number to date is only 28,000. Now, if you consider that they only issue 3500 ITA's per month and 7.5 months (15 Draws) remaining in 2018. The number just comes to 52,500. On the contrary, they have to issue 58,000 ITA's to meet their target. Which means they at least have to have 2 extra draws to achieve that target.

So, its just a matter of time guys, most of you will get ITA's.

And about the score being at 441 during this draw. I believe because the cut-off has not gone below 440 since Min-Nov 2017, there are many people who have entered in the pool with scores below 440 since then and that is the reason cut off will not drop suddenly by will drop eventually.

Hope this helps to give you some perspective.

Don't lose faith and trust yourself. We all will get there. Best of luck to everyone.
Hard to not lose hope as even with what you said the whole thing depends on competition and the number of people wanting to immigrate to Canada doesn't seem to go down much in 2018. With great difficulty it may reach 432 even that seems very uncertain. I am at 435 and today is not encouraging.

Reactions: Hardit singh

iBlis

May 9, 2018
Hello Everyone, Just a question i made my profile yesterday 8th of May 473 points, 28 hours ago. New draw came in today with 441, would i get the ITA? or was I supposed to apply earlier? Thanks everyone and may god bless you
Similar situation..Application date May 8th Points 478.

Reactions: Polarbear1

Ares0628

Oct 1, 2017
Hi folks,
I have a question about if I can enter CA while the PR process is not finished, for example, I go to CA during IP2 stage. Does this have any impact on my PPR? When can I choose the visa office?

iBlis

May 9, 2018
Also Read this article : https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/

Not sure if its true or not, but interesting info:

"As in recent draws, a tie-break is being applied. As multiple candidates may have 441 CRS points, those who have had a profile in the pool longer are prioritized. Specifically, candidates with 441 CRS points who created their profile before December 12, 2017 at 01:51:38 UTC were invited in this latest draw."

Does that make any sense to you guys??

luke123

Apr 27, 2018

"As in recent draws, a tie-break is being applied. As multiple candidates may have 441 CRS points, those who have had a profile in the pool longer are prioritized. Specifically, candidates with 441 CRS points who created their profile before December 12, 2017 at 01:51:38 UTC were invited in this latest draw."

?
Yeah, of course. It's the tie break. I'm surprised you did not know about it

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019

its a tie break and thing that is worrisome is last candidate in from dec 2017, we will have many more on same score from last 6 months.

AB-27991

May 9, 2018
Gonna repeat what I told someone else earlier:

We'll get thru it, sooner rather than later. We just need one draw where applications weren't above average, just like the one just before today's.
True man, we will get through, I also missed last and this time due to tie breaking rule that too by 4 days first and then by 10 hours, so be optimistic you will get there

Reactions: luke123

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
True man, we will get through, I also missed last and this time due to tie breaking rule that too by 4 days first and then by 10 hours, so be optimistic you will get there
I'm surprised the tie-break times were so close for the last 2 draws.

December 8, then December 12. Looks like there's either a lot of profiles created in those 4 days, or only a few people with CRS of 441 got the invite.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112

gintu

May 9, 2018
Hi.. My CRS score is 470 and I created and transmitted my application on May 8th by 8PM IST. But I got the Submitted status against my profile only by 8PM today May 9th.. Do I have a chance to get through in this Draw?