+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope - 87th Draw

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi eveyone! Just need your advise on my partner's application. His CRS score is 341 and under NOC 6221. He is thinking about SINP or Morden. Which between the two is a better option for PNP?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Hi eveyone! Just need your advise on my partner's application. His CRS score is 341 and under NOC 6221. He is thinking about SINP or Morden. Which between the two is a better option for PNP?
Same NOC code here. I went through PNP Nova Scotia since I had lived there for 3 years, I went through their experience class. The difficult thing about this NOC is that the job is not in demand in any province, as someone said to me "you can hire good salespeople anywhere". I would go through SINP because job prospects for this NOC are going to be much better once you arrive than Morden.

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Same NOC code here. I went through PNP Nova Scotia since I had lived there for 3 years, I went through their experience class. The difficult thing about this NOC is that the job is not in demand in any province, as someone said to me "you can hire good salespeople anywhere". I would go through SINP because job prospects for this NOC are going to be much better once you arrive than Morden.
Noc 6221 is actually in-demand in Manitoba. However, he doesn't have any relatives or friends there, and based on what we read online, you have to have relatives or a close friend in Manitoba to be eligible. He considered Morden because they do not require any connections to be able to qualify for their PNP. Thank you, though, for your reply.

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Posting it again to get some expert feedback:

I am claiming points for the only job I had and really worried about the work reference letter. Please please help me as my life is in limbo and I am really stressed out (noc 2263).

I have been unsuccessful to get a work experience letter from my previous employer (hospital) and people still employed there. My question is, can I get it from a coworker who left her job 3-4 months before I resigned? She supervised me for a very short time when she was the chief nursing officer (she was forced to resign as a CNO) and we worked together really close for almost 25 months in total (I am claiming 2 year work experience).

She is studying to be a Nurse Practitioner (NP) so she is not working now. Will this be a problem if I get a reference letter from her? She is OK with giving her phone number, email, and NP student ID.
Thanks in advance.
The CIC won't consider your colleague's reference as a Letter of employment or "Offer of Employment". However, you can use it as a supporting document with your pay-stubs in "Employment records" section.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Last edited:

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys..

Want to clear one thing.

My husband and I are in the US right now. I am on h4 visa and cannot work. I was working with a good company an year back.. had applied for h1 last year but had no luck in the lottery. We decided to go for canada and gave IELTS together in November from US. We didn't get a good score. I came to India in December and reattempted and managed to score an 8 at all 4 sections. The center in Atlanta for IELTS is now closing and my husband cannot give the exam in this city and since my husband already has a job here we decided that I will apply only in the express entry though I have mentioned in the profile that I am married but have mentioned that I will be the only one going (single applicant i think)

This case is valid, right ? I wish to go there first and find a job and maybe after 6 months or year process my husband's visa as a dependant.

Has anyone else done the same? Note: If I add my husband to my profile with his previous score my CRS score will reduce as he didn't do well.

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I am having CRS 440 and I have sibling in Canada , which will get my score to 455. Problem is that, there is a minor difference in my father's name in my passport and my sister's(PR) passport. So can you guys help me please

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys..

Want to clear one thing.

My husband and I are in the US right now. I am on h4 visa and cannot work. I was working with a good company an year back.. had applied for h1 last year but had no luck in the lottery. We decided to go for canada and gave IELTS together in November from US. We didn't get a good score. I came to India in December and reattempted and managed to score an 8 at all 4 sections. The center in Atlanta for IELTS is now closing and my husband cannot give the exam in this city and since my husband already has a job here we decided that I will apply only in the express entry though I have mentioned in the profile that I am married but have mentioned that I will be the only one going (single applicant i think)

This case is valid, right ? I wish to go there first and find a job and maybe after 6 months or year process my husband's visa as a dependant.

Has anyone else done the same? Note: If I add my husband to my profile with his previous score my CRS score will reduce as he didn't do well.
can anyone pls provide any help ?

coldfire101

Jul 17, 2016
Guys, couple of qucik questions

I've just withdrawn my old profile and am creating a new one.

1. I go though the come to canada tool and follow the 'next'. That's all, right? Any gotchas or things I need to keep in mind?

2. For the question, have you applied to IRCC before? Should me answer be YES or NO? CUz I had created an EE profile before? - I didn't receive any ITA or NOI though.

3. They suggested me to unregister from job bank profile and remove any references - is this required? Do I need to register for job bank again and void my current registration somehow or can I continue using the same job bank credentials with the new EE profile? What's the practice usually?

4. If I make changes to my EE profile after creation, it doesn't affect its status on how long it's sitting in the pool, right? for e.g. cut-off based on dates in case of score-tie etc?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
yeah, so that's perfectly fine. Just mention your spouse as non-accompanying spouse. Do remember, however, that the current average visa processing time for getting your spouse to CAN is roughly 12 months.
Thanks !! :) but we can get an open work permit meanwhile right ?

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
ignore the naysayers and pessimistics...our time shall come!!!

Not sure why some people who have been blessed with ITA think it is their prerogative to pass judgement on others who are waiting for their turn.

Live and let Live!!!
I got ITA at 444, but it expired. I never thought I would not get ITA when I had 444. But now at 439, I have no high hopes..So if you ask me, I would be like, people with a score less than 440 (including me) have no chance :( come on, there are almost 90k people in the pool now.. The cut-off score seems to be stable now. Can only pray for all below 440.

Last edited: