+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope - 87th Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
@ishq74 How many credits does a course need for us to get a 1 year evaluation?

See this link for an example of a graduate certificate course on Project Management from a Canadian institute. The course is 6 months long.
http://www.royalroads.ca/prospective-students/graduate-certificate-project-management
It depends on the country of education, I am not aware of how USA or Canada works but in UK it is 120 credits! Again we don't know how wes works internally. As I said previously, a UK full time PG Certificate of 160 credits which was taught more than a year was evaluated as PG diploma (one semester)! Upon review request WES said, according to the "Resources" available to them that degree was a part time degree thus they converted it to equivalent One semester full time! That was very strange "Resources"! Bottom line is until wes, iqas or other authorized organizations confirm your foreign diploma as minimum 1 year long course you will not be able to use it.
My advice would be, you get in touch with wes or other organizations before you chose a foreign course and institution.

Also if it is in Canada then you have to get a certificate, diploma or degree from the given conversion table and must fulfill the following conditions to get additional 15 Canadian Study points-
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
Good Luck!

RiseUp

Mar 15, 2018
I stand at 438 with my spouse and will loose 5 points in April. I stand at 456 without spouse. Is it worth to apply as single and sponsor to my spouse and kids later? How tedious the process,if i apply separate. Question looks insane but please advise.
Hi - If you mark your spouse & kid as non accompanying & you get PR than for getting their dependent PR will take around 9-12 months. In the meanwhile they can come on visitor visa provided you can prove to visa officer that they intend to come back, get their PR & only than settle in Canada. I am in same boat took the hard decision. People say it will be difficult to get visitor visa but my understanding is if your spouse PCC is clear, medicals are clear & you will be earning in canada than getting their visitor visa should not be very challenging as visa officer might think that your dependents have clean sheet & there is no reason for their PR to be rejected so its ok if they visit on visitor visa.

This is purely my belief. I have got ITA & gathering docs as non accompanying wife & daughter.

RiseUp

Mar 15, 2018
We had a similar story in family,it's gonna take more then a year..in our case it took as 1 nd half year ...so think first...
Hi Parvish - can u shed some more lights? Had the dependent applied for visitor visa? what happened? & when did they apply for dependent PR? Thank you

Parvish86

Mar 14, 2018
Hi Parvish - can u shed some more lights? Had the dependent applied for visitor visa? what happened? & when did they apply for dependent PR? Thank you
My brother in law is a Canadian citizen now nd ne was at that time even,he got married in India nd applied for his wife Pr,it took him almost 2 year all were frustrated at that time bcz it really takes a lot of time n patience ,nd once applied for PR of dependent then you will not be able to apply for anything else like tourist ,or visit or study...you will wait for you dependents PR..though my brother-in-law was Canadian citizen ...if your wife can wait that long then go for it ,but if there is doubts please carefully..in our case it affected on new relationship between husband n wife...

Parvish86

Mar 14, 2018
Nd if you decided to go for it make sure all the paperwork of your dependents are set nd ready ,like passport expires n all...my story was 2 years back and I didn't mean to scare you,maby now they made it easier,,,bcz now Canada is focused on imigration so it's ur call...

RiseUp

Mar 15, 2018
Nd if you decided to go for it make sure all the paperwork of your dependents are set nd ready ,like passport expires n all...my story was 2 years back and I didn't mean to scare you,maby now they made it easier,,,bcz now Canada is focused on imigration so it's ur call...
Thank you Parvish for your honest insights. Ill be careful & have put all docs in place like PCC, Medicals, ECA etc for family as well. Might have to do it again later. Lets see how it goes now having already stepped in this direction.

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
It depends on the country of education, I am not aware of how USA or Canada works but in UK it is 120 credits! Again we don't know how wes works internally. As I said previously, a UK full time PG Certificate of 160 credits which was taught more than a year was evaluated as PG diploma (one semester)! Upon review request WES said, according to the "Resources" available to them that degree was a part time degree thus they converted it to equivalent One semester full time! That was very strange "Resources"! Bottom line is until wes, iqas or other authorized organizations confirm your foreign diploma as minimum 1 year long course you will not be able to use it.
My advice would be, you get in touch with wes or other organizations before you chose a foreign course and institution.

Also if it is in Canada then you have to get a certificate, diploma or degree from the given conversion table and must fulfill the following conditions to get additional 15 Canadian Study points-
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
Good Luck!
That is because Wes are useless.

In the UK 60 credits full-time for a year is a post graduation certificate, 120 is a diploma, 180 is a master's (at least at my university).

It is fascinating that their "resources" said that, I have a feeling that their "resources" are middle management who don't want to have to deal with any qualifications which can't be verified in about ten minutes by a low paid staff member. Eg bachelor's or master's.

There is zero consistency if a UK three year degree is four years in Canada, yet a one year postgraduate certificate is worth less than a BTEC which can be completed at secondary school.

For what it's worth and I am not saying they will be any better IQAS, list a postgraduate certificate/diploma in their online literature about UK education, so they may at least be a little better than Wes ( may being a big word)

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Have a quick question. I am in BC and have applied for both EE and EEBC-PNP.
Sitting at 444 and eagerly waiting for ITA via EE with hope.
My concern is what if I got the invitation via PNP first, then I decided to take it. Then sometimes soon in April or May, the crs goes down to my score and I get the ITA via EE as well. Can I withdraw my on-going PNP and take the ITA via EE? or since this PNP is linked to EE, I should only go for PNP once I take it?

Last edited:

Rasul

Jan 25, 2016
@ishq74 How many credits does a course need for us to get a 1 year evaluation?
Hello Friends,

I am also on the same boat in regards to Pursue of 1 year Online Grad Certificate.
I am planning to apply to Walden University (WES recognized) 1 year Online Graduate Certificate which is worh whether 9 credits or 12.

Does anyone have clue whether it will be equated to 1 year Canadian PG Certificate.

This is very important - Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

R

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys - If IELTS is taken twice/more than twice in last 2 years then is the latest score always considered by default or its upto us to use highest score of all attempts even if it is not the last of all attempts?

silvana

Mar 14, 2018
Hello,
I have just received my TEF results. Can you please tell me where I can find the Language test PIN?
Thank you

Parvish86

Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys - If IELTS is taken twice/more than twice in last 2 years then is the latest score always considered by default or its upto us to use highest score of all attempts even if it is not the last of all attempts?
It is up to us...just chose the score u are fine..nd enter it in ur profile...

neojepsim

Mar 19, 2018
Pretoria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,
I have just received my TEF results. Can you please tell me where I can find the Language test PIN?
Thank you
you need two number for Tef namely:
numero D inscription ( will be found next to the picture and before the session date), normally up of the page
and
numero d attestation: ( it should be like XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX) on the page down up of the certificate issue date.

hope this can be lead you

silvana

Mar 14, 2018
you need two number for Tef namely:
numero D inscription ( will be found next to the picture and before the session date), normally up of the page
and
numero d attestation: ( it should be like XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX) on the page down up of the certificate issue date.

hope this can be lead you
thank you but on EE, I must complete a field for Language test result form or certificate number, which I believe is XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX , and a Language test PIN...
I found on this forum, sometime in 2017, that for the first field I need to add the first part of the XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX, the latter for the PIN. I wanted to verify this information.