Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017
hello ,

got a question. i am expecting the ITA in the next draw. and i am going to be married after 5 months. do i have to add partner after even getting PR ? or lets say application process in the later stages. do we still need to add partner in the application ? please enlighten.
If you and your partner are already engaged and can get common-law partner documents. I would suggest adding your partner to your profile. Sponsoring your partner is a cumbersome and time-consuming process.

One of my friends did a registered marriage and added his spouse in his immigration process. Then tied the knot later in a wedding ceremony.

SnookMaster45

Mar 8, 2018
:( i am out of country. cant register marraige. how about getting married then landing there with the updated information? will this be of any help ?

Swathib89

Mar 2, 2018
Seniors please advice,

Can an ECA be done even if the course has not been completed? Its a 3 year Diploma course in which the last semester was not completed.

Reactions: snuwan01

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Dear ROH friends,

I am happy to announce that I received PPR on Friday, March 9 at 10:01 pm Ottawa time!

Post AOR profile and timeline:

PNP - outland
US citizen. Ottawa visa office

Submitted evening of January 6. AOR January 7.

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR

Special shoutout to old timers, many of whom have been as inactive as I have been lately (and special thanks to @xibalban and @iamxty for starting the list that have poached ;))
@andieangel @lino82 @KingKurly @tjsecondtry @Wandering Mind @Karnesh @ivancabrer @BillHyatt @AlliBatista @mqamar1994 @shaun75 @TanakaM @Wacky1.nash @sundar17feb99 @gurpreet.ts @abhishek_89 @baka @PixelDust @GavinSouthAfrica @tarunkapoor @chr0 @FaithandFavor @Fishal2017 @hahaHHH @lostguy @Lala1234
And many more that escape my memory at the moment.

And my full timeline so far for those of you who don't know:

The Beginning

Early hours of November 9, 2016 - Decided to emigrate from the US and started researching possibilities. Later in the day, read news article about how an immigration to Canada site had crashed due to a flood of Americans trying to find out how to immigrate to Canada.

November 11, 2016 - Filled out free assessment form at canadavisa.com

November 12, 2016 - Received email from David Cohen that was my first introduction to Express Entry. However, Canada was not my first choice at that time, so I did not research Canada any further.

Late March 2017 - Decided to immigrate to Canada and started a job search. After getting CRS estimate of only 410, planned to get a job offer, hopefully by the summer, and move to Canada and then create EE profile.

Late May 2017 - Started getting depressed that I had only had initial phone interviews with 2 companies, and it had been at least a month since either had gotten back to me. Decided I needed to create EE profile now. Read instructions for creating EE profile and realized that I would need to take IELTS exam first.

June 6, 2017 - The next available IELTS exam date in New York is July 8? But I had seen a June 24 date a few days ago, and the site had said I had until June 19 to register! I hadn't thought so many people would be taking IELTS. Registered in fear that soon the July 8 date would no longer be available.

June 8, 2017 - Checked IELTS registration site and found that the June 24 date opened up! Jumped to grab it and cancelled my July 8 registration. Fortunately my credit card had not been charged for July 8 so no financial penalty.

June 24, 2017 - took IELTS exam.

June 26, 2017 - found out that I would need an ECA in addition to IELTS score even to create EE profile. Rushed to figure out which organization to use and submitted order to WES. Ordered transcript to be sent to WES.

July 5, 2017 - Very depressed after being rejected for a job I had really wanted with Company 3. Still waiting on Company 2, gave up hope on Company 1.

July 7, 2017 - Received IELTS results online.

July 10, 2017 - Received ECA from WES online in the morning. Immediately created EE profile. Received paper copy of IELTS results when I got home at night.

July 11, 2017 - Received NOI from Ontario. Started reading instructions and gathering documents. Oh no, Ontario wants me to have a passport that will be valid for another 2 years? Mine expires in 9 months, and I was hoping to hold off on renewing until after I moved to Canada.

July 13, 2017 - Sent passport in for expedited renewal (supposedly 2-3 weeks instead of the usual 6-8 weeks). Still collecting other documents.

July 15, 2017 - Received paper copy of ECA from WES in the mail.

OINP Drama

July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day!

July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.

November 2: OINP reopened, registered

November 3: submitted application

November 27: Assessment

November 30: DIP

December 19: Nominated

December 20: ITA

Post ITA

January 5, 2018 - medical exam

evening of January 6 - submitted PR application

January 7 - AOR

January 25 - MEP & ADR, responded to ADR.

January 26 - NA2

February 27 aka glitch day - IP2

March 9 22:01 Ottawa time - PPR
Congratulations to you @trumprefugee , it’s a pleasure to know you in such a long run.
The fighters always wins.
And that is what the ROH is all about.
All the best for the new phase of life.
God bless us all.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
How about you, any update? To be honest, haven’t seen the old timers since post ITA. I hope the Yukon spirit is still alive, or perhaps a get-together in Ontario since most of us will be there. @tjsecondtry will be the host :)
Long time no new updates, people are busy in getting things on track I suppose.
Lot of paperwork and mind boggling exercises are needed for ITA submission I suppose.
Glad to hear about @trumprefugee ,
Whats up with the others?
Sorry for the delayed absence and replies. Life is going really adventurous and sometimes too hard to handle.
Wishing all the best to all of us out there.
God bless us all.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
you can return to the US, no problem, and get a PCC through the Indian consulate there. No need to get one from here.
Hey thanks for the reply !

Actually I am in delhi and i heard you get it on the same day so i already booked the slot for it. Will it be a problem if I take from here it self ?

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hey thanks for the reply !

Actually I am in delhi and i heard you get it on the same day so i already booked the slot for it. Will it be a problem if I take from here it self ?

1. It should not be more than 6 months old while submission.
2. Not always you get PCC the same day. You might have a police verification.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
1. It should not be more than 6 months old while submission.
2. Not always you get PCC the same day. You might have a police verification.
ok... I am ok with the police verification too... as I am in Delhi only for 10 more days.. and I am taking the 6 months validity in mind. Asking since I am in the US since last 8 months and have come to Delhi for a vacation... can I still take PCC from here instead of consulate?
Just that i want to be prepared with all the docs like the employee reference letter, pcc etc.

Last edited: