+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
PCC is not a check on your residence (unlike when they actually issue a passport). I got my India PCC from abroad, so clearly I was not living in my India address mentioned in the passport. So I think your apprehension is misplaced.
nopes. As mentioned by @Tony20182017 it matters in India.

@Gurpreetgp09 I suggest you take an appointment and visit the PSK with your rent agreement and photo passbook (this way you have all the details needed.)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
The reply is really helpful.

I have all my documents with my hometown address on them. I will go to the Passport Office in my hometown and try to get the PCC from there. I don't think they will need to know where I currently live in and what currently I am doing.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Just be aware that if they initiate a check by chance and find that you don't live there anymore, you are looking at application rejection/a decent amount of bribing.

I know that as a rule it sucks real damn hard because you are either someone with a criminal record or you are not - your present address has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: AjayGeorge

AjayGeorge

Mar 1, 2018
Hi,
If any of my documents I submit are not sufficient enough, will they ask for more supporting documents or just reject without any correspondence

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
Just be aware that if they initiate a check by chance and find that you don't live there anymore, you are looking at application rejection/a decent amount of bribing.

I know that as a rule it sucks real damn hard because you are either someone with a criminal record or you are not - your present address has nothing to do with it.
Agreed!!
Exactly my point. If I go to a city C and commit a crime there, the complaint would be raised in the local police station. They have their databases linked, i guess.
I will have my rent agreement prepared and then go for a PCC.
Thanks everyone for your help! :)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Agreed!!
Exactly my point. If I go to a city C and commit a crime there, the complaint would be raised in the local police station. They have their databases linked, i guess.
if you are going to do so (assuming yes and this isn't just mere lip service), also carry a photo passbook from the bank with present address. You'll have all bases covered.

P.S.: In India, I doubt all databases are linked.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Hi Tony,

When creating the EE profile before submission, I remember putting "3 years or more" as work experience.

So as per your reply quoted above, does this mean I will have to gather the documentation for the past 3 years only?

Thanks
Yes that's it.

Reactions: Jay395

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Agreed!!
I think in India the crime committed in one place is not known to all police stations around the country.( Unkess it is a high profile crime) . So basically checking your residence may be a way of ascertaining you are the person you are claiming.

In my case my PCC was rejected at the passport office. Because the lady( old and grumpy) thought I looked too different than my passport photo. She was right but it is to be expected, I was 22 in my passport and it was 8 years old. Anyway so my file was forwarded to the district ps.

And to tell the story further, I had to bribe the officer at the district ps plus when the local cop came to my place. And had to nudge them many times to move my file.

The address I used was my parents place which is a good hour drive from the place I was actually living. But good thing is local police officer gives a call day before he is about to visit your house. So I just moved in my parents place the night before. You also have to give 2 neighbour references.

You will know roughly when you can expect the police officer to visit your place. So just be there then. ( if this manageable)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello elders,

A friend of mine just got his ECA.

Summary.

1. Bachelor Degree (four years)
2. A college certificate (one year)

Does this combination qualify as two or more certificate???

I think not and he think so. I don’t want him to get misrepresentation.

Please answer.
He is right, he will get points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"! He will not get caught by misrepresentation because system will count the points automatically, all he needs to enter the eca details of his education credentials correctly.

I have explained it before in various threads, I am re posting it here again with the context of your friend's circumstance-

Assuming your both credentials are from WES recognized institute, you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree" because you have four years bachelors degree Plus one year long certificate which falls under "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

To get clear picture read below, I have given you instruction how to fill up these in EE profile at the end of the post in Italic font.

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points are not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. Many think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Here are IRCC guidelines- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the SECTIONS below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diploma
  • Bachelor's Degree
  • Applied Bachelor's Degree
  • Bachelor's degree (three years)
  • Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year Bachelor degree
  • Bachelor's degree (four years)
  • Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Four-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year advanced diploma
  • Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

Secondary school (high school diploma)
ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

ECA assessment results:
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X

As you can see your second credential falls under one year long degree, certificates or diplomas thus you will get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".
When you will be creating EE profile you will be asked to fill up eligibility questionnaire first. You will be asked to answer your "Level of Education"- here you should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."
If you score 67 and become eligible you will be able to create your EE profile. Here in education section you need to create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For your degree "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could bachelors degree or masters as some people get masters evaluated as bachelors (check your certificate) then you will see another question for "level of education according to the ECA report", here you need to enter your level of education as per ECA which would be "Bachelor's degree".

Similarly for your second credential "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could be one or two year diploma (check your certificate). Again here "level of education according to the ECA report", would be "One-year degree, diploma or certificate".

Submit your profile you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." You are very lucky to have two post secondary credentials because now if you can score minimum Listening-8, Reading-7, Writing-7 and Speaking-7 in IELTS then you would be awarded extra skill transferability points which may take you near or over current CRS Cutoff Score.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
PCC is not a check on your residence (unlike when they actually issue a passport). I got my India PCC from abroad, so clearly I was not living in my India address mentioned in the passport. So I think your apprehension is misplaced.
Did you get the PCC before ITA. The embassy here does not allow me to apply without ITA. What document did you submit for PCC application?

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
He is right, he will get points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"! He will not get caught by misrepresentation because system will count the points automatically, all he needs to enter the eca details of his education credentials correctly.

I have explained it before in various threads, I am re posting it here again with the context of your friend's circumstance-

Assuming your both credentials are from WES recognized institute, you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree" because you have four years bachelors degree Plus one year long certificate which falls under "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

To get clear picture read below, I have given you instruction how to fill up these in EE profile at the end of the post in Italic font.

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points are not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. Many think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Here are IRCC guidelines- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the SECTIONS below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diploma
  • Bachelor's Degree
  • Applied Bachelor's Degree
  • Bachelor's degree (three years)
  • Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year Bachelor degree
  • Bachelor's degree (four years)
  • Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Four-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year advanced diploma
  • Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

ECA assessment results:
  • High School Diploma

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

ECA assessment results:
  • High School Diploma

As you can see your second credential falls under one year long degree, certificates or diplomas thus you will get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".
When you will be creating EE profile you will be asked to fill up eligibility questionnaire first. You will be asked to answer your "Level of Education"- here you should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."
If you score 67 and become eligible you will be able to create your EE profile. Here in education section you need to create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For your degree "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could bachelors degree or masters as some people get masters evaluated as bachelors (check your certificate) then you will see another question for "level of education according to the ECA report", here you need to enter your level of education as per ECA which would be "Bachelor's degree".

Similarly for your second credential "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could be one or two year diploma (check your certificate). Again here "level of education according to the ECA report", would be "One-year degree, diploma or certificate".

Submit your profile you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." You are very lucky to have two post secondary credentials because now if you can score minimum Listening-8, Reading-7, Writing-7 and Speaking-7 in IELTS then you would be awarded extra skill transferability points which may take you near or over current CRS Cutoff Score.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
Thanks a lot, your explanation clarify a lot.

Do you get the same point for any combination or the points are different for different combinations?

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello Friends,
My application resides in the pool with a score of 416. Don't see an ITA dropping to this score in the near future, and as we see the cut off for Ontario is also going quite high.
Can anyone please suggest me if I should go for any other province?