+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
For anyone with CRS 445 and above, I don’t think it’s fair coming here to ask what your chances are. I believe this is rather insensitive. I mean how can someone with a 450crs come here asking if they will get ITA in the next draw? There are sooo much more people in d 430s to early 440s range and even more below that hoping and praying. A cursory look at the previous draws shld tell anyone above 445 what to expect. No need showing off please except u r dat insecure. This is ray of hope. Keep ur high crs scores to urself and ask other questions. When u ask what ur chances are, it leaves people below with this sinking feeling. I know cos I have been there. And there r sooo many of these crs 450s and above asking what their chances are in the next draw. Just me talking tho

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Damn this shouldn't mean that they reduce the points for other candidates!!
French speaking candidates points will jump somewhat. And sogeneral English speaking candidates at the bottom of ITA will miss out. It is yet to be seen magnitude of impact. But it will happen as they want more French speakers. One should not be surprised, Canada is somewhat i for a bleeding heart liberal society. That helps people like us, but also means French speakers are to be let in for diversity sake. That said, impact will be marginal to moderate.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
French speaking candidates points will jump somewhat. And sogeneral English speaking candidates at the bottom of ITA will miss out. It is yet to be seen magnitude of impact. But it will happen as they want more French speakers. One should not be surprised, Canada is somewhat i for a bleeding heart liberal society. That helps people like us, but also means French speakers are to be let in for diversity sake. That said, impact will be marginal to moderate.
I'd rather they don't upset the plans of those who have made a lot of effort to get to their current CRS scores and those who are still trying. If they want, they can increase the points for TRF but leave everything else the same.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
I'd rather they don't upset the plans of those who have made a lot of effort to get to their current CRS scores and those who are still trying. If they want, they can increase the points for TRF but leave everything else the same.
They will leave everything same, that's the concern. As total invites are limited and pre decided, any increase in French speaker intakes automatically decreases English speaking intakes. But to cheer you, the impact will be marginal to moderate.
Also intake of refugees is being curtailed plus fresh applications for nursing care givers ( very popular with Filipinos) is closed. So that means more EEuotake in general.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Here you go...

List of documents:

• Medical reports
  • Police Certificate (from all countries you've resided)
  • Bank statement
  • Letter of employment
  • Certificate from your University
  • Birth Certificate
  • Job offer letter
  • Copy of bio page of passport
  • Digital photo
Please verify before you post. I'm not sure if birth certificate has to be given except for the dependent minor. Please check below post for all the details.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/step-by-step-post-ita-process.495270/
@pretty_woman1 and @SnookMaster45 please check above link for post ITA process and if you have any questions then ask there, everyone is helpful. Don't believe your consultant. I was refused for PR due to less points in 2014 just because my consultant didn't bother. He was just a courier man. Now it's all online and very easy with all the help you need available here.

Last edited:

drsatya

Jan 14, 2017
Here you go...

List of documents:

• Medical reports
  • Police Certificate (from all countries you've resided)
  • Bank statement
  • Letter of employment
  • Certificate from your University
  • Birth Certificate
  • Job offer letter
  • Copy of bio page of passport
  • Digital photo
Hi
Do birth certificate is an essential requirement? I am from India and my birth certificate is not available and new birth certificate can,t be issued now since I was born in 1980..

samsam809

Feb 11, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
Guys, do anything to get your CRS scores up. Initially wrote my CELPIP text with the following scores

Listening - CLB 10
Reading - CLB 10
Writing - CLB 8
Speaking - CLB 9

This gave me a total CRS score of 435.

I took the risk of rewriting it a month later and got the following scores:

Listening - CLB 10
Reading - CLB 10
Writing - CLB 9
Speaking - CLB 9

My CRS score jumped up to 480.

The ROH is real. You can do it, already gathering my documents for ITA. Best of luck guys.

PS: if anyone here resides in Edmonton, feel free to message me :)

Hey ! me from Edmonton too. On PGWP right now. Just waiting for ITA and preparing docs.

Ayogb

Jan 25, 2018
For anyone with CRS 445 and above, I don’t think it’s fair coming here to ask what your chances are. I believe this is rather insensitive. I mean how can someone with a 450crs come here asking if they will get ITA in the next draw? There are sooo much more people in d 430s to early 440s range and even more below that hoping and praying. A cursory look at the previous draws shld tell anyone above 445 what to expect. No need showing off please except u r dat insecure. This is ray of hope. Keep ur high crs scores to urself and ask other questions. When u ask what ur chances are, it leaves people below with this sinking feeling. I know cos I have been there. And there r sooo many of these crs 450s and above asking what their chances are in the next draw. Just me talking tho
Exactly my thoughts.

And guys, there's no reason to get unnecessarily agitated. Let's keep hopes up, and prayers flowing. The optimism in this house brought me here. We need to hold fast to it. Not hard.

move2NA2018

Mar 8, 2018
People,
Do I have to get PCC done from US where I lived for almost 12 years? I left US to return to India in May 2016. Am asking since I read somewhere that any country where stay is more than 6 months, PCC should be obtained.

I can get PCC here in India easily though.