+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Not necessarily in a row, it's in total. So if you visit a country frequently and the total number of days you've spent there since your 18th birthday is 180 or more (6 months), you may need a PCC from that country.

My brother, who is now a PR (got CoPR 2 weeks ago), had IRCC request an FBI police check even though he has never lived in the US after his 18th birthday, but he travels there frequently and his total number of days was over 180. Even though some pages in the CIC website say "6 months in a row", in some other places it says anywhere you've spent 6 months or more in total, wether living or traveling. So just in case I'd get all PCC's that could fall into that.
Hope you checked carefully the latest changes about PCC requirement posted at IRCC website
You are right as per old requirements, but that rule doesn't exist anymore and your brother's application has been reviewed with that old regulation

PS: Always IRCC officer may request a PCC if he/she feels that's necessary, it's officer's discretion without a question :cool:
regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessarily in a row, it's in total. So if you visit a country frequently and the total number of days you've spent there since your 18th birthday is 180 or more (6 months), you may need a PCC from that country.

My brother, who is now a PR (got CoPR 2 weeks ago), had IRCC request an FBI police check even though he has never lived in the US after his 18th birthday, but he travels there frequently and his total number of days was over 180. Even though some pages in the CIC website say "6 months in a row", in some other places it says anywhere you've spent 6 months or more in total, wether living or traveling. So just in case I'd get all PCC's that could fall into that.
Please read the new requirements:

"As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for six months or more in a row, since the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please read the new requirements:

"As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for six months or more in a row, since the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Thanks, this is a very new change, right? Last time I checked (maybe 3 weeks ago) it still said the thing about considering the total since 18. I'm glad they changed it because it saves us from requesting 2 PCC which would be rather difficult to obtain.

Reactions: Nobatia

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hi all of you.. I have been following the ROH posts and interesting predictions but too lazy to login in and post :D
My equally lazy husband just finally redid his IELTS and with only a .5 increase in listening we increased our CRS from 397 to a whooping 454! (was 402 but we lost five points last Nov - I put in another application as a main applicant and that was 430 until I lost five points in Feb)

So we are expecting our ITA next Wednesday;)

Don’t underestimate the difference IELTS makes to your score. Keep trying to improve your score and good luck to everyone of you.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Thanks, this is a very new change, right? Last time I checked (maybe 3 weeks ago) it still said the thing about considering the total since 18. I'm glad they changed it because it saves us from requesting 2 PCC which would be rather difficult to obtain.
When does this new rule apply?

I have travelled to Mexico for more than 6 months in total but not in a row ; the maximum period i stayed there was 3 months.

Then I do not need to get PCC from Mexico, right?

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi

So after you receive NOI from Ontario all you have to do is submit the documents in 45 days! Anything else???

USD2CAD

Feb 9, 2018
Guys... do you think this is 2173 or 2174 ??????? I have switched 3 times in my EE profile. Still unsure... Please help.

 Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
 Using current programming language and technologies writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
 Develops statements of problems and requirements, designs systems and programs, and writes programs in computer language for solution by means of data processing equipment. Prepares flowcharts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis. Responsible for preparing design documentation.
 Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
 Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
 Analyzes business needs and creates defines software solutions including custom developed and off the shelf software.
 Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs. Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
 Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.

skysthelimit

Oct 2, 2017
What do you all think? Would this be fair speculation of no. of upcoming ITAs? It adds up to 79,750 ITAs in total.

Date No. of ITAs
6-Dec 2750
10-Dec 2750
10-Jan 2750
24-Jan 2750
7-Feb 3000
21-Feb 3000
7-Mar 3250
21-Mar 3250
4-Apr 3500
18-Apr 3500
2-May 3750
16-May 3750
30-May 3750
13-Jun 4000
27-Jun 4000
11-Jul 3750
25-Jul 3750
8-Aug 3500
22-Aug 3500
5-Sep 3250
19-Sep 3250
3-Oct 3000
17-Oct 3000
31-Oct 3000

Reactions: special3220

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Guys... do you think this is 2173 or 2174 ??????? I have switched 3 times in my EE profile. Still unsure... Please help.

 Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
 Using current programming language and technologies writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
 Develops statements of problems and requirements, designs systems and programs, and writes programs in computer language for solution by means of data processing equipment. Prepares flowcharts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis. Responsible for preparing design documentation.
 Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
 Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
 Analyzes business needs and creates defines software solutions including custom developed and off the shelf software.
 Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs. Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
 Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
Your roles and duties are clearly 2174. The reason is, if you read the NOC 2173 for software engineering very carefully, you will see that 2173 never actually does coding, write code, or develop. In a nutshell Software Engineer does analysis, design, model, plan and coordinate the development. But never actually does the development. 2174 is the NOC for the coder. So if you write code you are a developer, ie. 2174.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hello all,
I am super confused on how to proceed with PCC given my situation and will really appreciate any help.
2007:
1. Until Midday Jan 21: Lived at my home country
2. Jan 21 departure stamped on my passport (have a PCC that was issued to me on Dec 17, 2006 for USA student visa application)
3. Jan 22: Admitted to USA
1. May 12 Departed USA (No stamp) and May 14 Arrived at my home country
2. Jul 10 Departed my home country & Jul 11 admitted to USA again (both stamped)
1. Dec 20, Departed USA
2. Dec 22 arrived to my home country and since living here

Here is what I am thinking. Please correct me if I am wrong.
1. Use same PCC from 2006 to cover my stay prior of US departure in 2007.
2. FBI PCC to cover dates from Jan 22, 2007 - Dec 20, 2016
3. New PCC from my home country to cover dates on-wards of Dec 22, 2016 (Is it Ok to have 1 day gap between PCC 2 and 3 as I was on transit during that period)