+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

AnonUser17

Dec 6, 2017
Is this true ? They changed rules again for PCC today ?
According to CICNEWS :-
Source : https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html

Police certificate(s):

• Must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR;
  • Must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country;
  • Are required upfront upon submission of the e-APR and are mandatory for each country (except Canada), where an individual has lived for six months or more in a row;
  • Need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.

But CIC official site says:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.

I think CICNEWS is wrong and they missed out an important wording "current country of residence" and giving out misleading information by their blog posters.
I have 2 Police Certificates from 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months, they are already translated to english and are from more than 6 months ago, I am waiting for my invite any time now, if I have to get these papers again..... will be a big problem.

This is what Canada.ca says about this:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html#toc1

Police certificates
To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include your police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence. You need one for every country, other than Canada, where you stayed for more than 6 months in a row.

If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months.

If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one.

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies will not be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
I have 2 Police Certificates from 2 countries I have lived for more than 6 months, they are already translated to english and are from more than 6 months ago, I am waiting for my invite any time now, if I have to get these papers again..... will be a big problem.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html#toc1

Police certificates
To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include your police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence. You need one for every country, other than Canada, where you stayed for more than 6 months in a row.

If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months.

If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one.

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies will not be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.
I think the only change is that now you only need a PCC if you lived in a country for 6 months or more consecutively instead of cumulative. So PCC from foreign countries can still be accepted as long as you didn’t visit after obtaining the PCC.

rajats13

Feb 20, 2018
UAE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
IELTS Request
01-02-2108
Hi, Is there a time span for this. I have lived in US, Switzerland and UK each for more than 6 months but that was all before 2008. (More than 10 years ago). You think, will I still require Police certificate?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017

Police certificates

well can some one help me understand my case. I am an indian citizen. I was living in usa since march- december . Came back to india for 3 months.. will be going back end of march. so only 1 from usa will do ?

Dr. Khan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Is it necessary to have an average balance of about of $20,000 for three members of the family in the bank account for the past six months at the time of uploading the documents after receiving ITA? Or it’s fine too, to deposit this much money in an empty bank account and have a statement with current balance amount is $20,000 but last six month no money? I actually work in a foreign country and always used my wife’s account for all transactions, can I use my wife’s account too?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Is it necessary to have an average balance of about of $20,000 for three members of the family in the bank account for the past six months at the time of uploading the documents after receiving ITA? Or it’s fine too, to deposit this much money in an empty bank account and have a statement with current balance amount is $20,000 but last six month no money? I actually work in a foreign country and always used my wife’s account for all transactions, can I use my wife’s account too?
6 months of balance will show that you have had that money for long period. So, 5 months 0 and current month 20K wont do. You could use your spouse bank statment - make it a joint account or add yourself as a user who has authority to withdraw money.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
The requirement is living 6 months in a row since the age of 18.
Not necessarily in a row, it's in total. So if you visit a country frequently and the total number of days you've spent there since your 18th birthday is 180 or more (6 months), you may need a PCC from that country.

My brother, who is now a PR (got CoPR 2 weeks ago), had IRCC request an FBI police check even though he has never lived in the US after his 18th birthday, but he travels there frequently and his total number of days was over 180. Even though some pages in the CIC website say "6 months in a row", in some other places it says anywhere you've spent 6 months or more in total, wether living or traveling. So just in case I'd get all PCC's that could fall into that.