+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

krishkumar7

Nov 17, 2017
india
Holy cow, you could be right!
In March, assuming there's a draw on 21st, the next draw (every other Wednesday) would be on 4th April. There's an IELTS exam on 24th March, and their results won't be out until 7th April. I predict a good drop on April 4th draw.
Bingo! its the 4th of April we could be waiting for.

Here is the IELTS results to draw date and crs cut off;

Results out on - Draw Date - Cutt off
21st JAN -----> 24th Jan - 444
04th Feb -----> 7th Feb - 442
14th Feb -----> 21st Feb - 442
25th Feb -----> Probably 7th Mar even if we may have a draw on 28th without a weekly gap, I don't think there might be a major drop.
18th Mar -----> Probably 21st Mar
Probably 4th Apr
We may see a drop in CRS as no new ielts results out since 18th Mar
08th Apr -------> Probably 18th Apr
22nd Apr --------> Probably 2nd May

Now guys, this is just an observation and a guess which can go anyway given the unpredictability of CRS draw frequency and its invitation size.

I am not good with numbers, so can't guess the crs cut off, but I am sure the seniors and experts would want to share their opinion... @abhishek_89 @Jakilee

Last edited:

rajats13

Feb 20, 2018
UAE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
IELTS Request
01-02-2108
Hi guys,
I think there's going to be another draw next wednesday.. I just saw this on Cic's login page..
'This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.' :):):)
That's certainly good news if true. Lets hope that back to back draws and only 1 IELTS result in March will clear some backlog in next few weeks. Fingers crossed!

JWahid

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Then at most wait until the next draw on 7th March. Worst come to worst you only lose $1500 which is not a big amount in Canada.
For example, you can save $1500 from buying an old sofa instead of the new genuine leather one. Your house are not going to have only a sofa right? Ontario minimum wage is $14 which mean $1500 is only 100+ hours of minimum wage work which is <3 weeks. Who know, you might end up with a good job which pay double or triple of that. So my priority will be coming to Canada as soon as possible and not worrying about those small amount of money.
Thanks for the suggestion and you really do make a good point. I have already started preparing this way :)

jainritu

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Bonjour my friends :)

I'm still working on my French though and know nothing except 2-3 words. :p

Just wanted to inform you all that I landed in Canada on 20th Feb and not to mention, it is freaking cold in Montreal. First thing I tried after landing was Tim Hortons infamous coffee. Personally, I was little disappointed as it was nothing compared to Costa but it's all right. Crispy chicken burger was lip smacking though. :p

I got my Social insurance number already and going to apply for another document that my employer needs. By the way, I'm starting my new job on Monday. :)

I understand it is going to be a long road for me to be a permanent resident and I'm not in hurry either.

Also, the view from my apartment is amazing. I'm living in downtown currently and everything is available right below my apartment. :D

I'd like to know if there are meet ups being held in Montreal or around as I'm new to Canada and don't know anyone yet. Hoping to see you all soon in person. :)
Congrats tarun..
Wish to see u in canada some day.. Still a dream for me though, dont know when it will come true :)

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@441 Hope I get in before April 4, else it will be a terrible birthday. Knowing scores will go down but would have lost 5 hours before the draw.:D:D:D:D:D.

My permutations see 440/439 in the next two draws dou.

A huge backlog of witheld IELTS results was released second week of February, hence the high number of candidates with high crs.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
@441 Hope I get in before April 4, else it will be a terrible birthday. Knowing scores will go down but would have lost 5 hours before the draw.:D:D:D:D:D.

A huge backlog of witheld IELTS results was released second week of February, hence the high number of candidates with high crs.
You might just scrap through. Good luck. Waiting at 441 too!

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
1. Do not guess, wait for the actual report.
2. If you do not plan to revisit USA in the near future or before your application then you can apply for FBI pcc now as it may take 3 months to receive. It will be valid indefinitely if you get a pcc after the last visit in that country and do not visit again before application otherwise the validity of a pcc is 6 months.
3. I would recommend you to try improving your CRS if there is any opportunity available. Otherwise in my opinion (strictly mine!) 421 crs will receive direct ITA within this year! and one more information you only need to pay Ontario PNP fees 1500 CAD for primary applicant not for dependents. So its not $3000, its $1500.
4. Job title does not matter at all! Your job duties need to match with the selected NOC lead statement and given responsibilities.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
Thanks for taking out time to answer my queries. It is really helpful. Unfortunately, my CRS is already maxed out (Unless my wife magically gets me few points by taking IELTS, but I seriously doubt that because her English is really-really poor and she took 8 years to complete her 3 years bachelors with back papers....still want her to emigrate with me so I have some thinking to do regarding CRS 421).

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Anyone has any leads on when the Alberta PNP program would commence? Alberta had plans to announce about it on Jan 2, 2018 and it got postponed since then. Would really appreciate if anyone could share about the same.

Thanks

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys,
I think there's going to be another draw next wednesday.. I just saw this on Cic's login page..
'This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.' :):):)
I also observed that today ....Lets hope this is the start of Good Days to Come....:)

Reactions: Rubi111

Dolarosa

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017

Jakilee, you would get. In the very next draw. The scores have been this way since December: 446, 446, 444,442, 442... i believe this trend will continue.

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
It wouldn't harm lying to her if it can force her to go for IELTS.

But, I don't see the point here. If your friend desperately want to come to Canada and his wife is not, wouldn't it will be strategy to bring her over. She won't be able to adapt anyway, because she doesn't want to go. What is the point of having family if he decide to come to Canada himself while his wife want to stay in home country.
u see spouse is willing to come and work in Canada but not so keen on preparing for IELTS...:p

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Dear @benzboksas

Thanks for your long post. It is indeed very very helpful for a TEF aspirant. I was worried about the listening & speaking of TEF as we are not accustomed with the accent of fast french conversation. So, do you have any guideline or materials which we can use to improve our listening and speaking skills in French?

Lastly, learning a new language takes a lot of effort in mastering a big volume of vocabulary, so can you advice how to remember/memorize french vocabularies? I hope your insight on this will be of great help for so many of us. Thank you...
I understand your concerns and I do want to help. There is one issue though, it is still not clear how effective my learning process was until I sit the TEF exam in the beginning of March and get the results. On the other hand, I somehow feel that some techniques helped me more.
There are forums dedicated to language lovers and professionals, they all have tips to offer. However, this is what definitely worked for me.
I find no better way to master the pronunciation and to some extent the oral comprehension than just simply mimicking it. I bet you would really feel comfortable to do that only where and when no one is listening to you as this is quite embarrassing. Since I have a plan for fast mobile Internet I load one of the many youtube videos while drive alone in car. At the beginning I would recommend to watch the video first and read the text, translate what you don't know.
As for the learning words it is related to the nature of the brain. I'm no scientist but I know that it likes steadiness and repetition. Just as it is better to go to sleep at the same time it is also good to find some patterns for language learning. Everyday no matter what in the morning when I get up I learn at least several new words. And the second thing is to put some extra effort. If I learn a word I try to also pronounce it, write it down and to mark it in the dictionary with a color marker. It is no good to read the dictionary from page A to Z, I'd rather open only the entry of a word which I need to know at the moment. For example, lets say you think about some term in your own native language and try to translate it in the new language and you fail. I need to feel the slight pain of this to actually force my brain to value it more after I actually read it in the dictionary.
I hope these tips will also help you.