+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
2. A job offer in Ontario with a salary that meets or exceeds the required funds for your family size, or a salary, that when combined with your savings, meets or exceeds the required funds for your family size.

for oinp...does this mean if i have a job offer in ontario thru pgwp i dont need to show funds even though i dont qualify for CEC yet as its less than one year?
Wats ur crs,noc and profile creation date?

samsam809

Feb 11, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
Hey guys. if you are at 435-441 right now, I strongly encourage waiting as the trend is way more stable and predictable now. The changes are subtle. While it means that chances of falling to 415 are almost nil now, it means it will gradually lower to around 435 ish and start rising again. Unless it is time sensitive, waiting will definitely worth the money, As a guy with a brilliance in statistics, I can definitely assure that 440ish will be breached within a month.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Is anyone considering using Mark Holthe from canada as your representative or immigration consultant. I am considering to use him. Any feedback is appreciated.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

unfortunately I didn't pass any courses or guidance for preparation. But I've touched many materials as I actively searched for best materials to teach myself and from my own experience I can recommend you those that I've found the most rewarding.
As for the exam and specific self preparation itself I guess this manual is the e that can be found:
https://w w w.amazon.fr/TEF-250-activit%C3%A9s-Sylvie-Pons/dp/2090333480
Of course there some TEF test examples on Youtube. You will find more in the sidebar based on the context but here is something to start with:
https://w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=cIjyVp8XTQ4
Do not miss the version with corrections: https://w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=JtBPsiBcP1o

Please note: usually such videos have their versions with corrections. The link is printed in the description of the original video.

At least you will get a good understanding of what the exam looks like and what are your chances to succeed in it.

As for the general preparation I can tell you that the most important factor is your perseverance on it. Still I can recommend these three books what I feel helped me the most:
https://w w w.amazon.com/Oxford-Hachette-French-Dictionary-Marie-Helene-Correard/dp/0198614225
This dictionary looks big and daunting at first but actually it has a very smart way of teaching you the word sense through the context of very apt phrases and in the context.

https://w w w.amazon.com/French-Grammar-Really-Teach-Yourself/dp/1444179438
Simply the best grammar for the beginner that I had in my arms.

https://w w w.amazon.com/French-English-Bilingual-Dictionary-Dictionaries/dp/1465459286
This one is great when you don't have enough time to study seriously, let say when you drink your coffee and take a snack.

Sorry folks for a long reply but I find this more worthy and useful to occupy some space here than the never ending annoying "It's just 10 minutes after the ITA announcement, where the hell is the email?" or "My score is 489, do I stand a slight chance at the next draw?".

Dear @benzboksas

Thanks for your long post. It is indeed very very helpful for a TEF aspirant. I was worried about the listening & speaking of TEF as we are not accustomed with the accent of fast french conversation. So, do you have any guideline or materials which we can use to improve our listening and speaking skills in French?

Lastly, learning a new language takes a lot of effort in mastering a big volume of vocabulary, so can you advice how to remember/memorize french vocabularies? I hope your insight on this will be of great help for so many of us. Thank you...

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Agree. Still thinking hard - just to be risk free:eek:. Keeping aside the money part - any idea?
if money is not an issue for you or you are not willing to take any hassles then you can go with mark too. However, it is advisable that as this is your life & getting PR for yourself means a whole lot to you than any lawyer getting his consultancy fees, it is always recommended to apply by yourself using everyone's help here.

Reactions: premchandar.au

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
First would like to thank all the wonderful seniors here for helping me find the right resources which helped me get maximum points on IELTS (3rd attempt). I am really looking forward to next step now (CRS 439- emigrating alone) and have few questions I need help with:

1. Is my 3rd IELTS TRF number same as the 1st one?
2. Should I apply for my PCC from USA now or should I wait to see ITA CRS score trend for couple draws? I am living in my home country, Asia, for a year now and before that lived in USA for almost a decade.
3. Is there a chance for OINP with CRS score 421 (when accompanied by wife) by the end of Nov, 2018? I do not mind waiting 5-6 months longer and paying CAD 3000.00 if there is a possibility of us emigrating together.
4. Can I apply under one NOC code (as long as my job requirements are identical to that NOC) even though my job title is listed under different NOC? (I am planning to apply under NOC 2263B whereas my job title "Infection control Officer (ICO)" is listed under 3012. I am not a nurse by education and not all ICO are required to be nurse, especially in Ontario ).

TIA for all the suggestions.
1. Do not guess, wait for the actual report.
2. If you do not plan to revisit USA in the near future or before your application then you can apply for FBI pcc now as it may take 3 months to receive. It will be valid indefinitely if you get a pcc after the last visit in that country and do not visit again before application otherwise the validity of a pcc is 6 months.
3. I would recommend you to try improving your CRS if there is any opportunity available. Otherwise in my opinion (strictly mine!) 421 crs will receive direct ITA within this year! and one more information you only need to pay Ontario PNP fees 1500 CAD for primary applicant not for dependents. So its not $3000, its $1500.
4. Job title does not matter at all! Your job duties need to match with the selected NOC lead statement and given responsibilities.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Reactions: sunboy129

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
if money is not an issue for you or you are not willing to take any hassles then you can go with mark too. However, it is advisable that as this is your life & getting PR for yourself means a whole lot to you than any lawyer getting his consultancy fees, it is always recommended to apply by yourself using everyone's help here.
Thanks for the views.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
For the 10 years address history - What is the minimum stay period beyond which it should be reported? For example - is it required to even report 2 months stay in a place in the last 10 years?

krishkumar7

Nov 17, 2017
india
Hey guys. if you are at 435-441 right now, I strongly encourage waiting as the trend is way more stable and predictable now. The changes are subtle. While it means that chances of falling to 415 are almost nil now, it means it will gradually lower to around 435 ish and start rising again. Unless it is time sensitive, waiting will definitely worth the money, As a guy with a brilliance in statistics, I can definitely assure that 440ish will be breached within a month.
Hi SamSam

Whats your take on 434? When do you think the score might come down, in march or april?

krishkumar7

Nov 17, 2017
india
ITA invites as well as draw frequencies are an important factor in determining the CRS scores. But I noticed that in the month of February, IELTS results are out, a total of 3 times!

4th Feb, 14 Feb and 25th Feb.

In the month of March only once the results are released on the 18th of Mar.

I have a feeling, April might get the CRS scores down.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
ITA invites as well as draw frequencies are an important factor in determining the CRS scores. But I noticed that in the month of February, IELTS results are out, a total of 3 times!

4th Feb, 14 Feb and 25th Feb.

In the month of March only once the results are released on the 18th of Mar.

I have a feeling, April might get the CRS scores down.
Holy cow, you could be right!
In March, assuming there's a draw on 21st, the next draw (every other Wednesday) would be on 4th April. There's an IELTS exam on 24th March, and their results won't be out until 7th April. I predict a good drop on April 4th draw.

Teelabelle

Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys,
I think there's going to be another draw next wednesday.. I just saw this on Cic's login page..
'This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.' :):):)

Reactions: Sandeep198511