Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
At 441, if I had submitted my profile a week earlier I would have gotta an ITA in the November 15th round. Serves me right for procrastinating :( well onto the next draw!
Just like me

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hey, thank you. It seems like a postdoctoral position is exempt from LMIA. Doesn't it then mean I could get points for a job offer?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html
Nope. As per point 1 in the link you shared, you need to work for at least 1 year for that employer before you claim the job offer points.
1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)​
So, your offer doesn't qualify as a valid job offer under Express Entry. Good luck!

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
My consultant informed me that Prince Edward Island pnp is open. Eoi can be submitted.
PEI is open for a long time now. I even submitted EOI last year. Unless you have a relative there or your NOC is under their in-demand occupations it is unlikely you get a response from them.

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Hi guys, just a quick query. I'm currently in the pool and I'd like to maximize my options. How do I get into the PNP route? Do I need to create a different profile for a province, say for example OINP? Thank you and let's keep the hopes up!
No need for OINP, EE profile is okay as long as you meet their requirements. For Manitoba (MPNP) you need to create an EOI profile , if you have a relative or close friend in Manitoba more chances to get picked for LAA. Saskatchewan you will also need to create a profile if you meet their requirements. Watch out also for these provinces to reopen: Nova Scotia, Alberta, Saskatchewan.

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
True, watching this for a good whole year and more, the best thing to do is, keep hopes and energies at its highest, stay positive and updated, let it take its own course and carry on with life.
Can't agree more! Especially if Canada PR is the only sensible option you have at the moment. I guess 'desperate' is the right term and it's really a difficult state. CIC and OINP draws are devastating as of late but we should remain optimistic and never get tired of finding ways to realize our dream of living in the maple country!

ANAMAZING

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Folks, I am not here to create a heat wave. My comment is based on my experience and there are over thousands of them in the same boat unable to break 6.5 barrier no matter what they do. Can anyone guess the number of people who wrote IELTS in 2017 alone? Just do a random google search and get the statistics you will be amazed.

My scores in my attempts were
L/R/W/S
8.5/6.5/7.5/7.5
8.5/8.5/6.5/7
9/9/8/6.5

After re-eval - 9/9/8/7.5

Like I said I am not super awesome with my lang (but good enough to score a 7 in all modules), so are the rest of the 90% of us. IELTS is not even hard, unlike other language exams. They target the suitable candidate in order to redo their exams again and again. When you get tired they sell you their IELTS courses. Well, If you are spot-on with your lang, you will get past the barrier easily, bcoz they know you will challange back.

Please take this post as my personal experience and do not put yourself into it.

And before you jump on your guns, I got to disclose, I know Martial Arts and I have a bad temper. :mad:
well I think you are right...

I have received 6.5 in different modules each time and I teach English part time!!!

I think IELTS is fraudulent!

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Folks, I am not here to create a heat wave. My comment is based on my experience and there are over thousands of them in the same boat unable to break 6.5 barrier no matter what they do. Can anyone guess the number of people who wrote IELTS in 2017 alone? Just do a random google search and get the statistics you will be amazed.

My scores in my attempts were
L/R/W/S
8.5/6.5/7.5/7.5
8.5/8.5/6.5/7
9/9/8/6.5

After re-eval - 9/9/8/7.5

Like I said I am not super awesome with my lang (but good enough to score a 7 in all modules), so are the rest of the 90% of us. IELTS is not even hard, unlike other language exams. They target the suitable candidate in order to redo their exams again and again. When you get tired they sell you their IELTS courses. Well, If you are spot-on with your lang, you will get past the barrier easily, bcoz they know you will challange back.

Please take this post as my personal experience and do not put yourself into it.

And before you jump on your guns, I got to disclose, I know Martial Arts and I have a bad temper. :mad:
How you get 9/9/8/7.5 in last attempt? what strategy you used?

Reactions: FaithandFavor

KJB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
PEI is open for a long time now. I even submitted EOI last year. Unless you have a relative there or your NOC is under their in-demand occupations it is unlikely you get a response from them.
Do you know what are those occupations?

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Reactions: Juliepopu

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
How you get 9/9/8/7.5 in last attempt? what strategy you used?
After Re-evaluation (EOR) I got the score. But I am pretty confident that I deserved a 7+ at the least, that is what I got in my previous exams in speaking. The strategy behind IELTS is a fourth dimension to common people like us, in short it is just a burden or a huddle and not a real exam. I am very confident that this ridiculous exam based marking system for a PR application will change very soon.

One kind piece of advice, present yourself with confidence in front of the Speaking examiner, that is exactly where you are being judged for a 6.5.

I wish you all the very best to clear your exams.

Last edited:
Reactions: yeskayk

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018

Maripily88

Oct 11, 2017
Dominican Republic
After Re-evaluation (EOR) I got the score. But I am pretty confident that I deserved a 7+ at the least, that is what I got in my previous exams in speaking. The strategy behind IELTS is a fourth dimension to common people like us, in short it is just a burden or a huddle and not a real exam. I am very confident that this ridiculous exam based marking system for a PR application will change very soon.

One kind piece of advice, present yourself with confidence in front of the Speaking examiner, that is exactly where you are being judged for a 6.5.

I wish you all the very best to clear your exams.
How long does one have to request a reevaluatin (EOR)?