+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
That's true! But if you see the numbers from previous years the ITAs given were considerably lower which affected the pool. Also if you see the CRS kept drastically decreasing emptying the pool.
And then came the most luckiest draw ever with a CRS of 413 and that was the game changer.
With such a score more candidates starting entering the pool which again affected the pool.

Hope this helps.
Hmm yeah..
well Im actually trying to compare the pool size and invitations sent at that time as compared to now.

e.g 2017 Jan25 - 3508 - 453
2018 Jan24 - 2750 - 444

Having said this, i think they will increase the invites to clear the pool like last year. without doubt!

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hmm yeah..
well Im actually trying to compare the pool size and invitations sent at that time as compared to now.

e.g 2017 Jan25 - 3508 - 453
2018 Jan24 - 2750 - 444
I understand. Everybody wants data.

But the thing is, you cannot compare data from 2015-16 with 2017 or 2017 with 2018. There were no patterns earlier. But now they have one, 2750!!

CIC has all the data to create a pattern now hence the fixed number of ITAs.
So don't compare current data with previous ones, you'll be more terrified. Rather I'd suggest you follow the current trend and wait for a few more draws.

Having said that, you can wait for the 2017 report to be released to get insights on the family size and rejection rate of the pool. That info may be critical.

But again, all this won't quench your thirst to dig through whatever data available. If you do find something interesting, enlighten us too!

All the best!!

shahaed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I understand. Everybody wants data.

But the thing is, you cannot compare data from 2015-16 with 2017 or 2017 with 2018. There were no patterns earlier. But now they have one, 2750!!

CIC has all the data to create a pattern now hence the fixed number of ITAs.
So don't compare current data with previous ones, you'll be more terrified. Rather I'd suggest you follow the current trend and wait for a few more draws.

Having said that, you can wait for the 2017 report to be released to get insights on the family size and rejection rate of the pool. That info may be critical.

But again, all this won't quench your thirst to dig through whatever data available. If you do find something interesting, enlighten us too!

All the best!!
Got it JJ!

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

I received the NOI from Ontario and is planning to submit my file soon. Since there are some things I would like to clarify to Visa Officer regarding my reference letters (like my employer won't provide roles and responsibilities on the letter head, so taking it from a senior collegue) and regarding proof of funds, I am planning to submit a Letter of Explanation(LOE), but I have a few queries:

1. Which section should I upload the LOE, as I was planning to write both of my clarifications(regarding proof of funds and reference letters) on the same LOE?
2. Or should I make 2 different LOEs and upload it along with the respective sections, like Proof of Fund LOE in Proof of Fund Section andReference Letter LOE in Work History Section?
Congratulations!! Hope you have submitted your file by now. Regarding LOE, I believe my sister submitted on single LOE when they received their ITA.
Could you please help me with the "Intent to reside in Ontario", format if any?

funsosp

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2018
AOR Received.
08-05-2018
Dude just chill !!!

There are people sitting on 410s and 420s so it is safe to say that you are lot ahead and it should be the matter of 2-3 draws for you to get ITA.

Bottom line is don't panic and always see people lower than you so that you feel good about yourself !!
;)..Thanks

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I am currently on 443 (Yea, :(, missed the last ITA by 1 point). Got into the pool Nov. 20th 2017.

Trying to decide if I should re-create my profile so I can get NOI?

My wife took the IELTS exam on the 20th of Jan, the result should be out by feb (2nd hopefully), so we can the points up.

I'm just scared so the cut-off doesn't get too high, have loads of ppl in the draw.
just calm down. you will get direct ITA , Dont worry about NOI from OINP.

Reactions: Jakilee and funsosp

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Tjank you. I got an ITA on the 8th of February 2017 and PPR on the 22 of January 2018. So we can safely say 1 year as I expect visas around the 8th of Feb.

Long journey, but it is proof that delay is never denial.

Regards
That's almost 11months, which is quite long. Generally, on an average, it takes 6-7 months to receive PPR from the date you receive ITA right?

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Tjank you. I got an ITA on the 8th of February 2017 and PPR on the 22 of January 2018. So we can safely say 1 year as I expect visas around the 8th of Feb.

Long journey, but it is proof that delay is never denial.

Regards
I am new to the forum. Can you please share why it took so long from ITa to PPR for you?

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Guys just want your input..
I am sitting at 439, my wife's ielts score is included in that but there is room for improvement.. It will take 2 months if she takes ielts and the time we receive her score.. Do u guys think the score will reach 439 within 2 months or shall we go for the ielts retake?

tanzeel725

Jan 27, 2018
Any idea if OINP is considering applicants from NOC 2133 (Electrical Engineers)? Currently stuck at 438 (would've gotten an ITA if I'd applied a few weeks earlier) with little room for improvement (already pretty much maxed out on everything but work experience and more work experience points will take well over a year to accumulate).

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Guys just want your input..
I am sitting at 439, my wife's ielts score is included in that but there is room for improvement.. It will take 2 months if she takes ielts and the time we receive her score.. Do u guys think the score will reach 439 within 2 months or shall we go for the ielts retake?
wait and in the mean time prepare well for the IELTS. just in case....

Reactions: Fhussain

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I created my profile while my CRS score was 382 in September. Then I sat for IELTS for the second time on November 11th and managed to score CLB9. I got my results on November 23rd and since then the cut-off point has been above 442.
Got it now, I passed the same way but mine was bigger way than yours, anyways you will get your ITA very soon, don't think about OINP program, save some money to have fun, if possible get a coffee for me too when we get in Canada ;)

wannabepr9090

Jan 11, 2018
Please advise!! Sitting at 434, profile submitted on Dec23, 2017. Turning to 459 in May of 2018. What would you do if you were me? Resubmit the profile to get NOI? Or wait until May? I am afraid if cutoff score would increase due to PNPs on May.... but NOI is not guaranteed for everyone. :( also afraid the tie breaking rule... in case I do not get a NOI. FYI, My workpermit ends on April, 2019.