+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

keeaara

Feb 7, 2018
Toronto
I hate to think this, but there might be another aspect of the draw pattern that is emerging. In addition to having 2 draws of exactly 2750 per month, maybe now it is going to be every 2nd and 4th Wednesday?

This happened last month as well. As per the 2 week gap expected, the draw should have rightfully been on Jan 3rd. But the gap was increased by a week to make it on Jan 10th. So we had a draw on 2nd and 4th wednesday.

Similarly, here if we look at 2 week gap it should be on Feb 7th, but if they want to start having on 2nd and 4th wednesdays then it should be on feb 14th and then feb 28th.

This would make the stream of applicants per month even more steady and stable for IRCC because otherwise months with 5 wednesdays would have 3 draws. That would make it 7750 applicants for that month. But they seem to want a very steady stream of only 5500 per month for now.

Not attempting to predict or put down any ones hope, just putting it out there to see others also might be seeing this as a possible pattern.
I think you are right. Since they start releasing only 2750 ita (November 2017), they are skipping three weeks after the last draw of the month. This means, that it won't happen today but probably on Feb 14th :oops: This is so inconvenient tho.

Nofear

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I think you are right. Since they start releasing only 2750 ita (November 2017), they are skipping three weeks after the last draw of the month. This means, that it won't happen today but probably on Feb 14th :oops: This is so inconvenient tho.
Agreed.Not sure how shall this make an impact either positive or negative from a CRS score perspective. Any thoughts?

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I really do think it's ridiculous how they can keep people in the dark and second guessing as to when the next draw will be, how many invites will be issued etc. No consistency with the system at all and generally toying with people's livelihoods. If you're like me and already here on a fixed term permit which expires in less than 6 weeks time with PR via CEC being the only option to stay in Canada and continue working, these kind of tactics are extremely annoying and disheartening. Not cool IRCC! :mad:

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
now next draw will go higher :(

karthik1990

Apr 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Does cic mentioned anywhere that there is a draw today? Or its just your prediction

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
No way. If I were you I won't go with provincial nomination and stick myself to just one province when there is an opportunity to get an easy ITA.
First of all you might probably get ITA today or in next few draws.. even if you don't get it, you still have an option to re-write and get better IELTS score.
There's no hurry.
Provincial nomination doesn't mean u have to stay in that province for ever is what I heard.