App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
2750 * 26 draws will be 71500, this includes Express entry PNP programs which i think should be more than 15000. So total invites comes at 56000. This is no way going to get required numbers for 2018 target for immigration.

CIC might have changed the strategy to help PNP programs, but cutoff has to come down if not in first half then in second half. Provinces like Ontario and Sasketchwan started in Feb last year, but this time Sasketchwan was open on Jan 1 and again on Jan 10, and Ontario started on 18 Jan.

radlat

Jan 24, 2018
Hi everybody, I'm currently sitting at 441 but will lose 5 points on Feb 2nd when I turn 30. My current work permit expires on March 18th, what chances do you think I have of getting a ITA before this date with my score at 441 or 436? Should I start looking at other options like PNP?

Really starting to worry now as time is running out and finding out I will lose another 5 points soon has just added to my worry! :(
I am nearly in same boat as you. 442 now and 437 on Feb 16th.

1.If there is a draw on Jan 31, your chance of getting ITA is high.
2.For a draw on Feb 7th ,I believe cutoff will be between 442-444 (hoping for former). You might miss out because your DOB happens before that.
3.It is really difficult to guess what score will be in March

- Do you have option to improve your IELTS or have you already got max score in IELTS?

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
2750 * 26 draws will be 71500, this includes Express entry PNP programs which i think should be more than 15000. So total invites comes at 56000. This is no way going to get required numbers for 2018 target for immigration.
And what's the average number of applicants per application?

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
If your work permit expires on March 18th. Don't you think you should start the process for renewing it right now without waiting for ITA ? I think it takes a minimum of 60 days.
A regular work permit will need a LMIA to support the application, otherwise CIC won't issue it to him/her.

The easiest way to get a work permit is having a spouse either studying or working in Canada. If he/she has a spouse with study or work permit then he/she can apply for spouse work permit

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
What is the possibility of a Jan 31 draw?
I wish it happens, But the way year started i don't see any possibility. would let other weigh in.

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
A bit of humour.

I updated my profile submission details, so that it would state Ontario and all Provinces ( instead of just Ontario ).

I then got an email from CIC about a half hour later, my heart skips a beat, I think that it might be a NOI.

Nope, just an email confirming the update.

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am nearly in same boat as you. 442 now and 437 on Feb 16th.

1.If there is a draw on Jan 31, your chance of getting ITA is high.
2.For a draw on Feb 7th ,I believe cutoff will be between 442-444 (hoping for former). You might miss out because your DOB happens before that.
3.It is really difficult to guess what score will be in March

- Do you have option to improve your IELTS or have you already got max score in IELTS?
Wow - we're almost identical in our situations. Unfortunately not, I took CELPIP and got top marks in everything other than writing which I personally felt was my strongest performance on the day. I scored 9 on writing and it affected my overall CRS score by 2-3 points I think. Crazy thing is, that could have been the difference between me making the cut today and not as I was well within the tie-breaker rule.

So frustrated. Getting a new work permit is not an option as @alfred0 said I would need an LMIA. I'm currently on a fixed 2 year IEC permit and was kind of banking on getting my ITA early this year so that I could apply for a bridging work permit until my PR is fully finalized and comes through.

The only other option I could look at is seeing whether I can get an employment letter from my previous employer in the UK and create a new EE profile including my experience gained there (2.5 years) which also corresponds to the NOC I am basing my application on. Trouble is I don't know if my previous manager even still works at the company? I sent him an email this afternoon asking if they can help!

andyhughes88

Sep 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I wish it happens, But the way year started i don't see any possibility. would let other weigh in.
They had three draws in January 2017 I believe, so a back to back draw is technically not 100% out of the question.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
A bit of humour.

I updated my profile submission details, so that it would state Ontario and all Provinces ( instead of just Ontario ).

I then got an email from CIC about a half hour later, my heart skips a beat, I think that it might be a NOI.

Let me tell u mine, I choose
A bit of humour.

Let me tell mine, i choose "all provinces" then i thought what if Ontario search people have selected Ontario.

Now i have selected every single one of them separately and All provinces also.

Reactions: Raaj123

prleggo

Jan 23, 2018
Toronto
NOC Code......
Wow - we're almost identical in our situations. Unfortunately not, I took CELPIP and got top marks in everything other than writing which I personally felt was my strongest performance on the day. I scored 9 on writing and it affected my overall CRS score by 2-3 points I think. Crazy thing is, that could have been the difference between me making the cut today and not as I was well within the tie-breaker rule.
Exact same thing happened to me today. I got 9 for speaking, despite English being my first and only language. Having to talk into a computer totally threw me. If I'd gotten a 10 on it I would have gotten an invite today.