+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for the inputs @ishq74

1. Yes it will remain valid but unlikely they will open again within 45 days. (in this case 31 days assuming applicant registered same day)
2. Same here, they have only 6600 slots for whole year but for Express entry it is only 2500 (2017 stat) and apart from hcps they have other programs too. It is highly unlikely your NOI will remain valid until they open the program again.

Don't waste an opportunity if you get one. Be ready now with all documents. Read document checklist in application guide and get everything ready.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
Its is not advisable to recreate a new profile if you already have one.You never know the strategy Ontario will use.Wait until you hear or see people receiving NOI before recreating.Patience is important.
The last year they had mentioned about some technical issue due to which all the candidates who satisfied the criteria had not got the NOI. And this time they had a big maintenance window and not sure what all was fixed.

pedro2121

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I am not absolute sure about it, as far as know you can land anywhere but you need to show proof during your citizenship application that you have tried and could not secure a good job in Ontario. Its not a big deal so don't be stressed.

"Actually ONIP do not send noi to all above 400", "They target a few NOCs. Having a score of 400+ makes you eligible, that doesn't mean you will be invited." - we have never seen these statements anywhere in the OINP guidelines or from any senior member. I cannot say that they don't send NOI to all above 400 or more, their guideline says they will send NOI to an applicant with CRS score 400 or above so we have to tell others same. However it is recommended and seen that applicants with recently created profiles (within few weeks) got the NOIs.
This from their FAQ-
Q: I meet Ontario’s stream criteria. Why haven’t I received a Notification of Interest?
In 2017, Ontario was allocated 2500 nomination spaces by the federal government to use with Express Entry. The number of people who are eligible for our streams and who wish to apply for a nomination may surpass that number. Because of this, not everyone who qualifies for our stream will receive a Notification of Interest. Please note that OINP monitors the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation.

Above statement doesn't say anything about selective NOCs but they say they control the numbers thus we don't know who would get selected and who would be left out. Everyone eligible has a chance. Recommendation from past experience is applicants should recreate profiles to be picked.
Thanks for your answer. I was just wondering if it is possible to land in other provinces except from Ontario? I mean the first arrival in Canada.

Favouredchild

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

My current score is 406, is it beneficial to recreate express entry profile , I created it in August 2017 and till now no NOI.

If yes its beneficial to recreate the profile, then what shall I write in the question which asks " Have you ever applied to canada visa immigration?"
This is a good question..curious on any feedback too. Anyone got an answer?

Jan 21, 2018
Hello Everyone !!

I am new to this forum.I have submitted express entry profile on 10th January,2018 and my current CRS is 432(IELTS L-8.5,S-7,W-7,R-7).However I am not sure if I have to retake IELTS,even If I get all 9s (i.e L-9,W-9,R-9,S-9) my CRS score would go upto 441.Looks like there are many ppl who are at CRS 432 and waiting for a while.So,can you guys please suggest if I have to wait for sometime for ITA?

Any help is appreciated !!

Reactions: JJ_87

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Any predictions/educated guess for the likely 24 Jan draw?

Not received by official IELTS score yet. Just wondering if I can update IELTS score based on provisional score from the ielts website (If there is a difference later on the official scoresheet then I am screwed). Not sure if I will receive them before 24 January draw. With an update, CRS will be 441. Without update, i currently stand at 384. If 441 will anyways not get me an ITA then I can cool my heels. Any thoughts.
You'll need the TRF number to complete your profile, you can guess it, but I waited for the hard copy of the form to make the profile.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
are you sure? Actually we spoke to our consultant and he said that its a myth that recreating helps.
Nobody is sure unless they are working in the Ontario immigration department. So then the only option is going by what has been observed in the past.

Reactions: Dolarosa

SrikanthRam

Nov 1, 2017
are you sure? Actually we spoke to our consultant and he said that its a myth that recreating helps.
This is from the OINP website:

"Prospective applicants to the HCP Stream are encouraged to create a new profile in the Express Entry system to make it easier for Ontario to identify their profile during its search in the federal government’s Express Entry pool. Please note that if you create a new Express Entry profile, you must delete your old profile."

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/fr/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hello Everyone !!

I am new to this forum.I have submitted express entry profile on 10th January,2018 and my current CRS is 432(IELTS L-8.5,S-7,W-7,R-7).However I am not sure if I have to retake IELTS,even If I get all 9s (i.e L-9,W-9,R-9,S-9) my CRS score would go upto 441.Looks like there are many ppl who are at CRS 432 and waiting for a while.So,can you guys please suggest if I have to wait for sometime for ITA?

Any help is appreciated !!
432 is near to the recent cut-off's. yet, I wouldn't suggest you to wait. If it takes more time, then you may loose 5 points after your birthday. If you are not worried about little extra expenses in your immigration budget, you shall go for a PNP. If you get nomination and the cut-off falls to your score, please don't curse me. No factual information can be derived on the future cut-off scores.

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi, I wish to know do we need to add schooling details in EE profile. I am from India and have done Mech Engg with MBA.
No. you don't have to include school education in the EE profile. Only your UG and PG needs to be entered

Reactions: gurneeraj

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
This is from the OINP website:

"Prospective applicants to the HCP Stream are encouraged to create a new profile in the Express Entry system to make it easier for Ontario to identify their profile during its search in the federal government’s Express Entry pool. Please note that if you create a new Express Entry profile, you must delete your old profile."

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/fr/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
Yeah but it doesn't mention "who" exactly needs to create a new profile.
Do profiles created like a month ago considered old?

SrikanthRam

Nov 1, 2017
It would help to find out how old the oldest profile that received an NOI was and work from there - maybe start a poll or something?

Reactions: Maziar

Maziar

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
It would help to find out how old the oldest profile that received an NOI was and work from there - maybe start a poll or something?
That's a great idea. I hope someone who received a NOI lets us know by posting here
Also, the information in that link regarding creating new profiles dates back to June 28 2017,so maybe it's different for 2018?

SrikanthRam

Nov 1, 2017
That's a great idea. I hope someone who received a NOI lets us know by posting here
Also, the information in that link regarding creating new profiles dates back to June 28 2017,so maybe it's different for 2018?
That is the most recent update on the OINP website with regard to profile age. I think something else to back up the fact that recreating profiles helps is that most of the people that I know received NOIs on this forum, recreated their profile.

@sundar17feb99 @trumprefugee @iamxty - thoughts?

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
I withdrew my profile and created a new one on Thursday of last week.

My profile was originally created at the beginning of November, so, a little old.

I am hoping I made the right gamble, but, who even knows how the OINP system works.

The whole process of applying with a constantly crashing website ( assuming their issues of last year have not been resolved ) fills me with dread, given that I have a day job and can't really sit there all day hitting refresh.

I have prepared all my documents just in case.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: Mithu3