+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
Hi forum members, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and if anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

If I apply to EE as married with my spouse accompanying me my score would be 424, once she finishes her studies in May my score would increase to 432. I lose 5 points in June due to my birthday, so after June it will be 427. I know that the CRS score went as low as 413 last year, but nobody knows if the CRS score will drop to that level again. We are outside of Canada now and have maxed out our IELTS scores already.

If I apply as married with my spouse not accompanying me my score would be 445 which would put me very close to direct ITA. Assuming I become a permanent resident, I will eventually need to sponsor my spouse . It is my understanding that in order for me to sponsor my wife I would need to reside in Canada and the process would take about a year.

Living in Canada without my wife for a year is simply out of the question, but at the same time, I'm afraid that if I include her in the application our time for direct ITA will never come.

Having said all of this, I'd like to know what my options are. I understand a spouse of a permanent resident can get a temporary work permit but I don't know how easy it is to get one of these. On the other hand, she could apply for a tourist visa before I become a PR so she can be with me in Canada while her papers are in progress, but again, I'm not sure how feasible this is. I also understand there are some provincial nominations that would give 600 additional points, but I'm not sure my profession (Finance and Accounting) will help me get one of these.

My biggest fear is never getting a direct ITA if I apply with my wife and then later regretting not applying as married with spouse not accompanying me. But at the same time, it is not right asking her to stay outside of Canada for a year while her papers are being processed.

What do you experts suggest in this case?
Please give ur suggestions on this post ..

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Guys, is it true that you can only use your recent language test even if the first one has high score than the second attempt?

bhargav57

Apr 19, 2017
Do they send NOI to below 400 points? Last year for IT people that waived of 400 points criteria.
Does anyone know about below 400 CRS point criteria.
thanks

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

My current score is 406, is it beneficial to recreate express entry profile , I created it in August 2017 and till now no NOI.

If yes its beneficial to recreate the profile, then what shall I write in the question which asks " Have you ever applied to canada visa immigration?"

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
We are all waiting patiently to see who all are getting the NOIs. Until now we have seen only one HCP NOI case and his profile was created on 19th Jan 2018.

Let's wait and see.
Couldn't see anyone getting an NOI here. Where did you see? I just recreated my profile. Hope to see that soon..!!

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Any guess as to what would be the criteria for OINP other than 400+ CRS scores? As seen in the last draw CRS distribution table, approx. 19k+ candidates in 400+ CRS scores, let alone 5.5k+ in the range of 401-410 (this is where I fall - 402). The quota announced by OINP for 2018 is 6600. Competition seems stiff and only increasing by the day for OINP route.

Any good thoughts on this, welcomed.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mithu3

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Those who are not absolute sure about how Ontario PNP works, this post may help you-

They will issue NOI to every candidate who has an active EE profile and with CRS score 400 or above and has selected "Ontario or All Provinces". Once you receive NOI you have 45 days (previously it was 6 months) to register in their web portal. After registering your account you have only 14 days to submit your supporting documents. Bad news is almost 20 thousand applicants currently have CRS more than 400(Obviously not everyone want to take pnp route or want to go Ontario but still it is a large number), and Ontario has only 6600 allocations for whole year (Not sure how many they will take at this intake).

It will be first come first serve basis, so whoever will be able to register first will have a chance to submit his/her application. People will be rushing to register after receiving NOI, many are not going to wait for a day let alone using 45 days flexibility. Server will be slow and Ontario may announce temporary pause of the program within few hours after opening if they receive enough registration.

If an applicant succeeds to register then he/she will be safe for 14 days. Within 14 days applicants must submit all necessary documents. Any failure to submit documents on time or incomplete applications will be rejected. By the way application fees for Ontario PNP is $1500 CAD and must be paid when applicant submit their documents.

After submitting the necessary documents Ontario will start formal assessment, it may take 2-4 months. Many will be rejected and many will receive nomination and subsequently 600 points will be added to their EE account. All this time an applicant will remain in EE pool with original CRS score and if they receive direct ITA they can cancel their PNP application. If the assessment process were not started applicant will be eligible for a refund.

This is in a nutshell this PNP process.
Now my suggestion to you- if you think you can add more points within couple of months then you need to think about your options. You need to analyse what will be the CRS cutoff then? will you make it directly? is it ok for you to spend extra 1500 CAD? are you ready with all necessary documents?

If you are interested then start collecting all the documents now and register immediately once you receive NOI from Ontario. You will find the list of required documents in the application guide given below

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

I hope it helps, Good Luck!