+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
Good Analysis!! I predict the 10th January would be 452 CRS cut off, that being said, no of applicants in the EE pool is going to drastically increase in coming months due to trump effect. Time will say hoe little or much higher impact.

Most important is draw should happen on 10th
Hoping for the best :)
I think a lot of us are over emphasizing the trump effect and I think it can have only a minor effect if any. Very few H1b workers are under 30 years and have a masters degree ( most of Indian master it degrees won’t get masters Point as per ECA) so how are we assumping that they will have a high CRS score. USA experience does not give them any extra points.
The truth behind all this panic is that almost all of us were 100 % sure that we will have a draw on 3 jan and it was a bit of shock to everybody and that is resulting into a lot of speculation.
I think let’s wait for the first 2 draws of 2018 to happen and we will get all the answers. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as most of us are anticipating

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I think a lot of us are over emphasizing the trump effect and I think it can have only a minor effect if any. Very few H1b workers are under 30 years and have a masters degree ( most of Indian master it degrees won’t get masters Point as per ECA) so how are we assumping that they will have a high CRS score. USA experience does not give them any extra points.
The truth behind all this panic is that almost all of us were 100 % sure that we will have a draw on 3 jan and it was a bit of shock to everybody and that is resulting into a lot of speculation.
I think let’s wait for the first 2 draws of 2018 to happen and we will get all the answers. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as most of us are anticipating
Agreed, though Indian Masters degree are recognized in ECA. We have to be realistic here. Though it may be an overstatement to say that the a lot of the EE pool would be H1Bs in the next 2-3 months resulting in higher draw scores, we need to consider the fact that many people would consider staying in another 1st world country than move to a third world country especially if they have kids who have lived in a developed country since birth or early childhood.

Reactions: Mithu3

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Agreed, though Indian Masters degree are recognized in ECA. We have to be realistic here. Though it may be an overstatement to say that the a lot of the EE pool would be H1Bs in the next 2-3 months resulting in higher draw scores, we need to consider the fact that many people would consider staying in another 1st world country than move to a third world country especially if they have kids who have lived in a developed country since birth or early childhood.
Makes sense!!
To add to it
Writing IELTS, evaluation of ECA
Remember getting bachelors degree from home country to send to WES would be big challenge sitting in Another country and FBI PCC takes ages as well
So don’t know in reality we shall see how much it impacts post April-May where we should see somehow low CRS And PNP should open as well with high intakes

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
I am in USA and I know of 5 of my friends living in same town and who are working towards Canada PR. All of them have MCA or their spouse have an MCA. All meet 3 years experience criteria. Although they are all older than me 32-36 but a CLB9 will easily fetch them over 440. They r only heldback by the 8 score requirement in IELTS, and they r all reappearing for their tests. This is just 1 example

Even when I talk to people here on H1B, and i agree as I am on same visa, everyone was already pissed off by the long green card wait and was thinking of moving to Canada for a long time for stability -- con less salary... Trump has only provided a reason to push harder. This is true for me 2.
A ton of H1B are on MCA and Wes recognize it as master's. i have clb10 + bachelors and score less.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
I can guarantee you all everyone here is at least thinking about canadian PR. Whoever has just started to prepare will require at least 3-4 months. iElts date here in us are difficult to get. Right now in my city the earliest date is from March. And when I appeared for my exam. There were over 100 folks,97 were from Indian subcontinent, 1-2 south east Asia. My wife also saw simlar pattern when she appeared. The only hurdle for a lot of folks to join the queue is getting an 8 in listening.

*Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, I am type horribly on a mobile device.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Anyways I am at 429 noc 2173 hoping to get to 433 if my wife gets 8 in listening, she got 7.5 twice. It has been heartbreaking to see awful draws since November. I m thinking of filing for oinp if I get a notification. How much longer does oinp take to process than a regular express entry application.

Sidish

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
L-9/R-9/W-7/S-8
I’m at 453 CRS, any chances of getting ITA in the next draw ? Have been reading that the cut-off might be high in the next draw :(

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Anyways I am at 429 noc 2173 hoping to get to 433 if my wife gets 8 in listening, she got 7.5 twice. It has been heartbreaking to see awful draws since November. I m thinking of filing for oinp if I get a notification. How much longer does oinp take to process than a regular express entry application.
Wow great!! I lived in US as well
Don’t know how much it will impact but it will b be moderate surge in applicants in pool!
Honestly writing ielts in US is way easier than in India because I have experienced it. Good luck
That is a great score and you should get Ontario PNP soon when it opens although it takes 5-7 months for process if everything goes smoothly

Aug 8, 2017
Absolutely perfect said!!

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Wow great!! I lived in US as well
Don’t know how much it will impact but it will b be moderate surge in applicants in pool!
Honestly writing ielts in US is way easier than in India because I have experienced it. Good luck
That is a great score and you should get Ontario PNP soon when it opens although it takes 5-7 months for process if everything goes smoothly
That's not a bad wait. Do you know if I apply for OINP and waiting for Ontario to process my application. Within that 2 month period, if crs dips below 429, will I get invited or once I apply towards oinp, I m deemed ineligible for regular ITA.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
That's not a bad wait. Do you know if I apply for OINP and waiting for Ontario to process my application. Within that 2 month period, if crs dips below 429, will I get invited or once I apply towards oinp, I m deemed ineligible for regular ITA.
You will have 6 months to accept or reject OINP PNP
Within that if CRS dips
Go for it

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks.I was actually asking if after submitting documents and fees to Ontario, and I see the crs dips. Will i get the invite or will I be out of the queue during the wait for OINP result- approval or rejection.