Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
True. I feel an applicant who has been waiting since 6 months should take every effort to increase their score now to get ITA asap. So, even if we start getting applications from american immigrants.....it would not come overnight.....even they would require ECA,IELTS....so this negative outlook on CRS score would be after 5-6 months.

well, ECA can be done in 2.5 months approx and IELTS might not be taking more than 2 months for a well skilled professional working in an English speaking country. So, maybe we can have some drastic impact on the CRS score starting from end March if not before. This is incredibly bad for the people dreaming to get their ITA before May.

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Very nicely explained. But, do you think there is a chance that even 20% people from the H1B(around 750K) might want to have a back up by applying for the Canadian PR? If it happens, an additional amount of 150000 people will be trying to apply for their Canadian PR & even considering 10% have Masters, the high CRS score in the pool might be 75000 people at least from US in the coming months. Do you think thats a possibility? If it is, then for us at mid 430's and below will surely not get ITA's in this year for sure.

Also, do you think CIC can change their drawing policy by having less draws in the first few months in order to just to wait for the high CRS scorers from US to get into the pool so that they can get invitation and Canada gets highly qualified Silicon valley executives, for instance, rather than somone doing not so porche job in India or other parts of the developing world?

With no draws for the last 3 weeks and this sorts of information about H1B is definitely not a good news for people who have been waiting for their ITA for the last 6 months. In fact, this is noting lesser than a disaster knocking at the door. Everthing now seems to be quite uncertain. May the good force help us :(
There are a lot of factors at play here:

1. People who have H1B visas aren't there in the US with a primary motive to become residents there. They are fully aware of the backlog when they decide to live in the US. In most cases, their offspring will be able to sponsor them to a green cards since they're citizens of the United States by virtue of being born there. This will take 18 odd years instead of the 60 they're looking at now through the H1B pathways. Trump, as he is wont to do, is making an issue out of nothing, to gain sympathy with Fox News and their audience (incidentally also his voter base). Nobody in their right minds is misusing the H1B visas to gain residency, at least no one from overpopulated countries that Trump views as enemies.

2. These H1B holders from the US aren't much better off CRS scorewise than a lot of us at 400+, realistically speaking. Their experience is still outside Canada and for the purposes of CRS, counts just as much as experience in any other country. They might have better IELTS scores, but if you're 400+, you're closed to have maxed it out already. So not a distinct advantage there for them either. Next criteria is age, and if you're H1B, you probably have atleast 4-6 years with the company before they send you out on site to the US, which puts them in the late 20s stage at best. They're not much ahead of us in the CRS
3. The most ominous point is that of numbers: i.e. More people competing for the seemingly fixed number of Express Entry slots. I agree this may be bad for us hopefuls, but hang on a sec, aren't we grossly exaggerating the amount of people? Let's profile them. If they're already working a great job in a developed country legally, and they have families settled there: The spouse has a job, the children have been enrolled in schools, so these people aren't going to uproot their lives and move to yet another country and start their careers from scratch, just to get something they weren't realistically going to get in the US either. This leaves those of them, who like me, can just pack up and move out of country because they don't really have ties to their home country besides some savings and properties, which can be easily liquidated. Don't you think these guys were already on their way over to Canada the day Trump got elected? @trumprefugee is our resident flagbearer for these applicants.

In my view, as with anything else Trump threatens to do, this is a pile of burning horseshit. Designed to strike fear into people who genuinely want to better their lives by following due process, and sell some more red hats. But as is the case with real horseshit, it doesn't have much calorific value, and the fire dies out just as quickly it started off.

Stay on course, don't worry or give up. You've come this far, it makes no sense to cast doubts on our future at this stage.

Kakkarot

Jul 29, 2017
India
Lets not panic about H1B people taking our spots we didnt take the most important factor into consideration which is age. Most of the folks will be in the age bracket from 35-40 or above which will reduce their scores although they have a Masters and a very few have a Phd. Also if their accompanying spouses are not skilled or took english exams the scores will go even lower and no one will ever want to go to Canada first and sponsor their children and spouse later on as its a time consuming process. So most of them will opt for PNP routes as they have time and money and thankfully canada is making way for more PNPs and reducing processing times. Although if the bill passes very soon very less people will be on the verge of H1B expiry most will be having around a year or more validity. Take note that ECA is a time consuming process and they must sit for an english exam as well. This will have an impact on CRS may be this year it might fall till 420s and not lower. Lets brace ourselves and hope for the best

tempmaha

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
what might be the cutoff for next round as it dint happen from dec 20th. Hoping it will happen on jan 10th. What are the chances for 440 to be picked ?
The fact is, many folks have been received nominations from provinces(Ontario, etc) like OINP in a larger number. So they're going to hit the pool. These nominees will significantly effect the score of the coming draw. I am expecting 3500 + ITAs, 450+ CRS in the first draw of 2018.
But I'm sincerely praying that CRS should go below 440 at least.

baka

Jun 2, 2017
Hello All, Wanted to share a delightful news that I got nominated from Ontario today.

Timeline:
EE profile created : Jun 16
Received NOI : Jun 16.:rolleyes:
OINP closed : Missed submission by 1 hour (july 25):mad:
OINP re-opened: Nov 2.:D
Application submitted: Nov 4.:cool:
Assessment : Nov 22.:)
DIP : Nil o_O
Approved: Jan 5. ;)
congratulations

Reactions: iamxty

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
I travelled 5 times to USA with total of 12 months but not one time exceeding 3months. Is it required to get PCC from US also?
yes.. i travelled for 9 months in total..aggregate of all my visits.. i needed fbi pcc. apply asap..they take 14-15 wks to generate one..

Last edited:

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
Is there any way to increase writing score to 7.5? I have given ielts four times and all I can score in writing is 7. Just a 0.5 band increase will change my life for good as I desperately want to move to Canada. My CRS will decrease by 5 points coming March 2018 as I have my birthday then. I want to neutralise that by scoring a little more in ielts as I have no other way.
@saimurali88 i guess we have to really prepare well before the exam? I need to get my speaking and writing scores higher as well. I already lost 5 points last November. There have been several links shared in these threads but i haven’t visited any yet. Let me know if you find a way :)

Reactions: saimurali88

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Is there any way to increase writing score to 7.5? I have given ielts four times and all I can score in writing is 7. Just a 0.5 band increase will change my life for good as I desperately want to move to Canada. My CRS will decrease by 5 points coming March 2018 as I have my birthday then. I want to neutralise that by scoring a little more in ielts as I have no other way.
@saimurali88 , you can of course increase your writing to 7.5 by consistently studying. I was also able to score 7.5 after multiple exams getting 7. I recommend dcielts.com and ieltsliz.com. They are highly useful.

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
The fact is, many folks have been received nominations from provinces(Ontario, etc) like OINP in a larger number. So they're going to hit the pool. These nominees will significantly effect the score of the coming draw. I am expecting 3500 + ITAs, 450+ CRS in the first draw of 2018.
But I'm sincerely praying that CRS should go below 440 at least.
Lets hope for the best. I'm praying as well

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
Lets not panic about H1B people taking our spots we didnt take the most important factor into consideration which is age. Most of the folks will be in the age bracket from 35-40 or above which will reduce their scores although they have a Masters and a very few have a Phd. Also if their accompanying spouses are not skilled or took english exams the scores will go even lower and no one will ever want to go to Canada first and sponsor their children and spouse later on as its a time consuming process. So most of them will opt for PNP routes as they have time and money and thankfully canada is making way for more PNPs and reducing processing times. Although if the bill passes very soon very less people will be on the verge of H1B expiry most will be having around a year or more validity. Take note that ECA is a time consuming process and they must sit for an english exam as well. This will have an impact on CRS may be this year it might fall till 420s and not lower. Lets brace ourselves and hope for the best
I think people who have weak H1b profiles or are too scared of trump policies already started to apply for express entry since last year but that did not result in increasing CRS. And as explained H1b visa holders don’t get any extra points for Usa work experience so they are competition as people from any other country. The thing that really pisses me off is a large number of people who have steady jobs and careers in gulf countries and sub continent and even have no intention of moving to Canada want to apply for EE so that it can give them security and peace of mind that they have a back up option for next 5 years. 90% of those people will end up losing their status after 3-4 years due to not spending time in Canada but they will still apply and would result in a genuine candidate losing out.
I personally won’t mind losing out on competitive CRS score if people in the pool have better credentials and real intent to relocate to Canada. But this breed of complexed people applying to show off that they have the Canadian PR without real intention to relocate is the one that really makes me angry

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
I think people who have weak H1b profiles or are too scared of trump policies already started to apply for express entry since last year but that did not result in increasing CRS. And as explained H1b visa holders don’t get any extra points for Usa work experience so they are competition as people from any other country. The thing that really pisses me off is a large number of people who have steady jobs and careers in gulf countries and sub continent and even have no intention of moving to Canada want to apply for EE so that it can give them security and peace of mind that they have a back up option for next 5 years. 90% of those people will end up losing their status after 3-4 years due to not spending time in Canada but they will still apply and would result in a genuine candidate losing out w.
I personally won’t mind losing out on competitive CRS score if people in the pool have better credentials and real intent to relocate to Canada. But this breed of complexed people applying to show off that they have the Canadian PR without real intention to relocate is the one that really
Hi. If what you say is true, then it is really sad. I would assume people who apply really want to move to Canada and would't do it if they are happy with the place they live in. How do you know that that's the case?

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
I can say that not many taking that issue seriously. All know that such a rule cant be passed ( i live in USA) and it will be hanging between parties and lawsuits from companies. (refer wall issue). So keep up the hope and like you said even if anyone wants to start its a solid 4-5 month process to even get to the pool.

Kakkarot

Jul 29, 2017
India
I think people who have weak H1b profiles or are too scared of trump policies already started to apply for express entry since last year but that did not result in increasing CRS. And as explained H1b visa holders don’t get any extra points for Usa work experience so they are competition as people from any other country. The thing that really pisses me off is a large number of people who have steady jobs and careers in gulf countries and sub continent and even have no intention of moving to Canada want to apply for EE so that it can give them security and peace of mind that they have a back up option for next 5 years. 90% of those people will end up losing their status after 3-4 years due to not spending time in Canada but they will still apply and would result in a genuine candidate losing out.
I personally won’t mind losing out on competitive CRS score if people in the pool have better credentials and real intent to relocate to Canada. But this breed of complexed people applying to show off that they have the Canadian PR without real intention to relocate is the one that really makes me angry
Yes i totally agree with you, most of the expats from a well paid background apply for a Canadian PR which is because its a very straight forward process and less time consuming unlike Australia, so Canada is always like a backup plan just in case if they face global threat of unemployment (which will never happen) or may be sometime they want to establish a business. Unlike us who want a stability in life and care about quality education for our children and equality among different groups of society which is totally non existent in most of the countries. But Canadian immigration system is very fair so is the rights and law there and that is why we persevere harder than others and as we all know history has taught us "Those who persevere are those who win in the long run ". All of us with such tenacity will never settle for something that is less than a citizenship in Canada