+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Please advice:
I am hoping to get ITA soon at 435, If I resign from my job and after applying for PR I am not working anywhere, lets say I get ITA in Feb and my notice period also ends in Feb, so I won't be working anywhere at the time of filing application which usually takes a few months. I need to spend a few months with my folks.
Can my application get rejected due to unemployment during the verification process?
I would recommend that you not quit your job yet. Since your score is currently 435, it would be safer if you could at least wait for the first draw of this year before deciding whether you should quit your current job. I'm advising that because no one can tell for sure when people at that range will receive their ITA.

Reactions: rashidali90

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
"Canada has set higher invitation targets in the three Express Entry classes for 2018, which could mean larger draws from the pool of candidates. If that’s the case, it’s likely that CRS cut-off scores will continue to drop over the course of the year."

how is this bad news?
What he means is that with Trump making life harder for H1Bs, many will explore Canadian option as a backup plan. Out of which, many have master's degree. As a result of more people applying the score might not go down as quickly as we might want.
However, it takes well over a few months for an average Joe to get his act together and sit for IELTS or gather documents for ECA. So, even if everyone starts applying, it will be a few months.

Reactions: shettyskumar

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
I travelled 5 times to USA with total of 12 months but not one time exceeding 3months. Is it required to get PCC from US also?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hello All, Wanted to share a delightful news that I got nominated from Ontario today.

Timeline:
EE profile created : Jun 16
Received NOI : Jun 16.:rolleyes:
OINP closed : Missed submission by 1 hour (july 25):mad:
OINP re-opened: Nov 2.:D
Application submitted: Nov 4.:cool:
Assessment : Nov 22.:)
DIP : Nil o_O
Approved: Jan 5. ;)

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hello All, Wanted to share a delightful news that I got nominated from Ontario today.

Timeline:
congratulations buddy, so happy for you

Last edited:
Reactions: sundar17feb99

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
What he means is that with Trump making life harder for H1Bs, many will explore Canadian option as a backup plan. Out of which, many have master's degree. As a result of more people applying the score might not go down as quickly as we might want.
However, it takes well over a few months for an average Joe to get his act together and sit for IELTS or gather documents for ECA. So, even if everyone starts applying, it will be a few months.
To add to this, H1Bers have always had a tough go at residency in the US, especially from countries with large populations like India and China. The backlogs currently (and have always, for the last decade or so) translate into a waiting period of 10 years (min) to 60+ years for Indian and Chinese H1Bers. Their visas, however, are easily extended by their employers year after year as long as their application for a Green Card is active. They're not going to uproot their careers and start afresh in another country for a thought Trump had sitting in his washroom. H1Bers are also among the highest individual contributors to their home country's GDP through repatriation of a part of their earnings: which means the governments of their home countries care much more about these people than they do about those of us trying to move to a different country permanently, and as such will exert pressure on Trump through their ambassadors to not go through with this "law" which is just another thought in his mind at this point, like his tweets about transgender people not being allowed to serve in their military. Surprise Surprise, they're still serving!

As for other countries (other than highly populated ones like India and China), their waiting period for Green Cards is much smaller - about an year or two, that tougher H1B extension laws will hardly affect them.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
To add to this, H1Bers have always had a tough go at residency in the US, especially from countries with large populations like India and China. The backlogs currently (and have always, for the last decade or so) translate into a waiting period of 10 years (min) to 60+ years for Indian and Chinese H1Bers. Their visas, however, are easily extended by their employers year after year as long as their application for a Green Card is active. They're not going to uproot their careers and start afresh in another country for a thought Trump had sitting in his washroom. H1Bers are also among the highest individual contributors to their home country's GDP through repatriation of a part of their earnings: which means the governments of their home countries care much more about these people than they do about those of us trying to move to a different country permanently, and as such will exert pressure on Trump through their ambassadors to not go through with this "law" which is just another thought in his mind at this point, like his tweets about transgender people not being allowed to serve in their military. Surprise Surprise, they're still serving!

As for other countries (other than highly populated ones like India and China), their waiting period for Green Cards is much smaller - about an year or two, that tougher H1B extension laws will hardly affect them.

Very nicely explained. But, do you think there is a chance that even 20% people from the H1B(around 750K) might want to have a back up by applying for the Canadian PR? If it happens, an additional amount of 150000 people will be trying to apply for their Canadian PR & even considering 10% have Masters, the high CRS score in the pool might be 75000 people at least from US in the coming months. Do you think thats a possibility? If it is, then for us at mid 430's and below will surely not get ITA's in this year for sure.

Also, do you think CIC can change their drawing policy by having less draws in the first few months in order to just to wait for the high CRS scorers from US to get into the pool so that they can get invitation and Canada gets highly qualified Silicon valley executives, for instance, rather than somone doing not so porche job in India or other parts of the developing world?

With no draws for the last 3 weeks and this sorts of information about H1B is definitely not a good news for people who have been waiting for their ITA for the last 6 months. In fact, this is noting lesser than a disaster knocking at the door. Everthing now seems to be quite uncertain. May the good force help us :(

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017

Timeline:
Congratulations Sundar. Really happy for you.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Very nicely explained. But, do you think there is a chance that even 20% people from the H1B(around 750K) might want to have a back up by applying for the Canadian PR? If it happens, an additional amount of 150000 people will be trying to apply for their Canadian PR & even considering 10% have Masters, the high CRS score in the pool might be 75000 people at least from US in the coming months. Do you think thats a possibility? If it is, then for us at mid 430's and below will surely not get ITA's in this year for sure.

Also, do you think CIC can change their drawing policy by having less draws in the first few months in order to just to wait for the high CRS scorers from US to get into the pool so that they can get invitation and Canada gets highly qualified Silicon valley executives, for instance, rather than somone doing not so porche job in India or other parts of the developing world?

With no draws for the last 3 weeks and this sorts of information about H1B is definitely not a good news for people who have been waiting for their ITA for the last 6 months. In fact, this is noting lesser than a disaster knocking at the door. Everthing now seems to be quite uncertain. May the good force help us :(
True. I feel an applicant who has been waiting since 6 months should take every effort to increase their score now to get ITA asap. So, even if we start getting applications from american immigrants.....it would not come overnight.....even they would require ECA,IELTS....so this negative outlook on CRS score would be after 5-6 months.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP

Timeline:
Congratulations Bhai. :)

Reactions: ashish_india-canada