+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Dec 3, 2017
Hello, I've searched in the Internet and some people suggest to put NOC number in work reference letter but at the same time others say to not do that. I also think that from immigration officer's perspective it could somehow feel strange, since the employer actually is not "qualified" as an immigration officer to classify his employee's duties under some certain NOC. People who have already completed this stage, did or didn't you mention your NOC in reference letter?

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Thank you for prompt response. Have couple of doubts with regards to updating the EE profile.

1. Duration of my study was Aug 2010 to Feb 2012 (19 Months) however IQAS has considered it a 2 year graduate degree program. What should I specify under 'Complete/full academic years' field in the EE profile form?

2. Mode of education was Distance Education, however this is not specified on IQAS ECA report. So do I need to specify it as a 'Part-Time Study' under the respective field?
Please shed some light on these queries. I am stuck up.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello, I've searched in the Internet and some people suggest to put NOC number in work reference letter but at the same time others say to not do that. I also think that from immigration officer's perspective it could somehow feel strange, since the employer actually is not "qualified" as an immigration officer to classify his employee's duties under some certain NOC. People who have already completed this stage, did or didn't you mention your NOC in reference letter?
You don't have to mention NOC Code in your Reference Letter.

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
My wife has school certificate from karachi board, Is there anyway that we can get WES without her school certificate OR we can get her certificate attested without visiting karachi.
We live in Lahore.
M living outside Pak now and got all the docs attested from Karachi.. I can get u the number of a firm which does attestations for WES. They will charge nominal fee but u need to send ur originals to them by courier...

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I was in a similar situation.
When filling out the express entry form there is only space for the years of study, there is no place for months. I said I completed four years as my ECA states I have a 4 year degree even though I finished two months before.

I also studied correspondence so I said paid part time as I was not a full time student.

I haven't received my ITA yet but neither of these issues will effect your CRS score so it shouldn't be a problem post ITA

Hope this helps

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I was in a similar situation.
When filling out the express entry form there is only space for the years of study, there is no place for months. I said I completed four years as my ECA states I have a 4 year degree even though I finished two months before.

I also studied correspondence so I said paid part time as I was not a full time student.

I haven't received my ITA yet but neither of these issues will effect your CRS score so it shouldn't be a problem post ITA

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot for responding.

Nov 15, 2017
Received soft copy of IQAS ECA for my MBA today morning and the following is specified.

Comparative Levels of Achievement in Canada:

The Master of Business Administration degree generally compares to the completion of a Master of Business Administration degree.

This means that I can now claim CRS points for Masters degree?
Correct

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Let's say I got ITA today. And if I go for PCC tomorrow (which will be issues the same day). So the validity remains for 6 months from tomorrow. But I submit all documents and PCC to ircc after 2 months starting today. So my PCC has 4 months remaining for ircc to verify. If they take time in verification and takes more than 4 months, when PCC is already expired. Will that be a problem? What steps to take in this?

Reactions: abhcan

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
can anyone from Pakistan can tell, if we required school certificate or not??
HI sahsha for ECA you need it to be sent directly to WES from the Board or IBCC

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
If I have mentioned 20000$, but if I take with me 17000$ (again it is above the minimum requirement), will that be fine? Or a problem?
Moreover, having this money in savings account is mandatory right while travelling to Canada?

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I have the same case. My masters as completed in less than 2 years but because it says 2 years in the ECA, I put 2 years in the EE profile. I distance education so I mentioned that as part time in the spirit of honesty. I don't believe this affects your score but you want to be as truthful as possible.

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
My wife has school certificate from karachi board, Is there anyway that we can get WES without her school certificate OR we can get her certificate attested without visiting karachi.
We live in Lahore.
Just check with IBCC they will have an office in Lahore or visit in Islamabad

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I have the same case. My masters as completed in less than 2 years but because it says 2 years in the ECA, I put 2 years in the EE profile. I distance education so I mentioned that as part time in the spirit of honesty. I don't believe this affects your score but you want to be as truthful as possible.
Yeah being true is the right thing to avoid creations confusion for ircc. But I hope you have your wes completed. If your wes identifies the distance course in masters as equivalent to Canadian masters then there is no problem. You can mention it as masters part time and score shall not be affected. I have the same case.