+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

mirappi18

Feb 25, 2016
Yes it is possible to create profile without spouse credentials. Due to the tie breaker rule it is highly recommended that EE profile should be created as soon as the primary applicant becomes eligible for Express Entry. Because if your score matches the cut off score then the last applicant to be invited would be chosen based on earlier profile creation date (even the minutes & seconds to be precise). You always can update your score to improve it such as adding spouse Education, language test results or Own improved or additional language test results etc.
Adding to this, as your CRS score is already over 400, you have a great chance to receive Notification of Interest (noi) from Ontario Province if they open the scheme in January 2018.
So my advise is, if you have done ECA & IELTS already then create the profile now (with spouse ECA if it is ready too) and as soon as anything that can improve your score is available (spouse ielts, ECA, your second language etc.), just update your profile with it.
Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Thank you So much for the response!! much appreciated...

mirappi18

Feb 25, 2016
Hello Guys,

Another query I have is whether there is a problem if the graduate degree (BTECH) and the NOC we choose is not related.
I have already got my ECA report of Canadian equivalency.

Please advise.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Guys,

Another query I have is whether there is a problem if the graduate degree (BTECH) and the NOC we choose is not related.
I have already got my ECA report of Canadian equivalency.

Please advise.
There is absolutely no requirement for the applicant to meet the employment requirements of the NOC. Therefore, one can have a history degree and select a software development NOC. All that matters is that you have performed the duties and held the responsibilities listed in the chosen NOC.

"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

All the best

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
Hi Folks,
I am considering applying for PCC now as it takes time to get appointment through passport office. My family includes myself as primary applicant, my husband and my 3 months old kid whose passport I have just received today. Do I need to get PCC for all of us including the infant? And mine and my husband's passport are also issued in May 2017. Please advise your expert thoughts on this.
Heartfelt Thanks to all expats here who are helping the novice to this whole process.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi Folks,
I am considering applying for PCC now as it takes time to get appointment through passport office. My family includes myself as primary applicant, my husband and my 3 months old kid whose passport I have just received today. Do I need to get PCC for all of us including the infant? And mine and my husband's passport are also issued in May 2017. Please advise your expert thoughts on this.
Heartfelt Thanks to all expats here who are helping the novice to this whole process.
The PCC is only valid for 6 months and usually issued on the same day from the PSK if your address is the same. The only wait you might need to endure is the appointment. I would suggest you take the appointment once you have all your documents ready and receive the ITA.

If all of that is already done and you're just waiting for an ITA and have a great score which you're certain will be above the cut off in the next draw you can go ahead.

You might need the ITA letter though, at the time of PCC. I'm not sure about this.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Folks,
The PCC is only valid for 6 months and usually issued on the same day from the PSK if your address is the same. The only wait you might need to endure is the appointment. I would suggest you take the appointment once you have all your documents ready and receive the ITA.

If all of that is already done and you're just waiting for an ITA and have a great score which you're certain will be above the cut off in the next draw you can go ahead.

You might need the ITA letter though, at the time of PCC. I'm not sure about this.
Hi,

PCC is only required for adults, and the fact that your passports were issued in May is irrelevant.

regards

Nov 15, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have one of the common queries regarding Spouse Work History.

In my case my wife has 5+ years of experience but since we are not claiming any points .. can i just say NO in the Work history section of EE Profile?

I have read we can do that but later while submitting docs we can add it in personal history and also write a LOE.. would that not be falsfying information in EE profile and later we say we had.

Your valuable thoughts please?

Thanks in advance

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello Guys,

I have one of the common queries regarding Spouse Work History.

In my case my wife has 5+ years of experience but since we are not claiming any points .. can i just say NO in the Work history section of EE Profile?

I have read we can do that but later while submitting docs we can add it in personal history and also write a LOE.. would that not be falsfying information in EE profile and later we say we had.

Your valuable thoughts please?

Thanks in advance
Had the same query. It would be falsifying if you said your spouse had Canadian work experience and claimed points for it. Plenty of people have gone ahead and not listed work experience for spouse, it being non Canadian and used the personal history section post ITA along with LoE to explain.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi,

PCC is only required for adults, and the fact that your passports were issued in May is irrelevant.

regards
Oh I didn't know about the adults thing. Though it does make sense.

Also, I think the date of passport issue is not relevant but what would make things easier is if they are living at the same address as the address listed on the passport.

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Had the same query. It would be falsifying if you said your spouse had Canadian work experience and claimed points for it. Plenty of people have gone ahead and not listed work experience for spouse, it being non Canadian and used the personal history section post ITA along with LoE to explain.
I am in the same boat, have not mentioned the spouse work experience in EE profile.

Could you advise on the reason we can give in such an LoE? Like in my case, my spouse is still earning the degree relevant to her chosen profession. Do we say in the LoE that we didn’t mention in EE profile because we weren’t claiming points?

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Can someone advise if these LoE are prepared in word and attached? Or we print them, sign them, scan them and attach? Do we have a sample LoE available in the forum somewhere?

Reactions: abhcan

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I am in the same boat, have not mentioned the spouse work experience in EE profile.

Could you advise on the reason we can give in such an LoE? Like in my case, my spouse is still earning the degree relevant to her chosen profession. Do we say in the LoE that we didn’t mention in EE profile because we weren’t claiming points?
Yes. We say that since our spouse has no Canadian work experience and that we have not claimed points for this, we have mentioned their work history on the personal history section.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Oh I didn't know about the adults thing. Though it does make sense.

Also, I think the date of passport issue is not relevant but what would make things easier is if they are living at the same address as the address listed on the passport.
"
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children 18 years of age or older, including non-accompanying"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html"

I guess, but people change passports and address all the time, so its not a big deal.

regards

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
"
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children 18 years of age or older, including non-accompanying"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html"

I guess, but people change passports and address all the time, so its not a big deal.

regards
Agreed. Thank you for the details. :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Can someone advise if these LoE are prepared in word and attached? Or we print them, sign them, scan them and attach? Do we have a sample LoE available in the forum somewhere?
I would suggest you print and sign then scan it.

There is no standard format, just make it clear and easy to read. Divide it into sections using headings and subheadings. eg:

1- Proof of funds

2- Employment history

3- Name change

regards