+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

khan.omar23

Nov 21, 2017
Mumbai, India
NOC Code......
Hello,

To answer your first question, when we make our EE profile, there’s a part where we are asked to check the provinces we are interested to live in. We should check Ontario or all provinces over there. This choice and a CRS of 400 & above will attract an NOI. About your second query, i haven’t yet reached that stage. I suppose we can mention connections after receiving NOI. But not sure on this one.
Thanks.

How do we edit our EE profile to uncheck other provinces and select only Ontario or all provinces? I've checked several provinces in my profile an would like to uncheck some.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Friends lets share some hope, I have done some simple math to get some mathematical insight on the CRS cut off expectation. As per the published target for the next 3 years IRCC has set 564,900 Economic class targets. If we assume 3 immigrants per ITA then they have to issue around 188,350 ITAs over the next 3 years. As per the past statistics around 30% ITAs get declined annually. To compensate these declined ITAs they have to add around 81,000 ITAs extra which will make the total expected ITAs around 270,000 for next three year.

188,350+81,000 = 270,350

30% declined ITA= 80,805

270,350-80,805 = 188,545 ITAs (target for this period)

If we want to have 3500 ITAs per draw then we should have minimum 25 draws annually means they must do biweekly draws without any gaps. My calculation is based on their actual target which has an upper limit too and about 4-5% applications get rejected. So number of ITAs to be issued should be larger than my calculation.

Now, we all know if every draw invites 3500 candidates without any missing week and few extra draws in between then the CRS cut will fall to 400 and below very soon. I believe majority with minimum 67 FSW eligibility points will get invitation in these three years. The above mention facts indicate a CRS cut off could reach a range within this target period which we are unable to think of now, perhaps 350!

No point to hope illogically, but if there is a strong logic exist then no harm to keep a High Hope! :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

Nov 15, 2017
There's no validity for previous/old Job Reference Letter. However, I'd suggest you take Job Reference Letter from your current Company after you get the ITA. It shouldn't take more than couple of weeks. If you know that ITA is around the corner, then you can get it done before-hand.

I was in the same situation and got my Job Reference Letter from current company before ITA and received my ITA after 6 months. I just asked for a new one from HR department after receiving ITA as I didn't want to take any chances. Hope this helps.
Thank you and it makes sure we are on safer side.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
@abhishek_89 @andieangel @AlliBatista
Please help me with below question. I know its long but please spare a minute for me mate.

I am CEC inland.. I submitted my EE on June 26th 2017
My work full time NOC B experience is as below
Company A- Jan 2016 to Apr 2017
Company B - Apr 2017 to Nov 2017
Company C - Nov 2017 to present

I was graduated in December 2015
Applied for Post graduate work permit on Feb 15 2016
Received PG Work permit on April 15 2016

I was on unpaid vacation from Apr 1 2016 to July 5 2016 (out of Canada) I have vacation apporval letter from company. (Was not re-hired after vacation- continue employement)

I was on paid vacation from Jan 19 2017 to Feb 22 2017 (out of Canada) I have vacation apporval letter from company. (Was not re-hired after vacation- continue employement)

I will have CRS points for two years of experience in Jan 2018 (or Dec 2017) which will be 439 from current 414.

If I get invitation in December or January bcz of 439, should I decline or accept it? Is my two years of experience counts with total 4 months vacation and 3 months of experience while waiting for PG work permit?

Please advise.
Thank you
This month you are short of one month to claim points for two years experience. U will complete two years in december and u r eligible for those points and can accept the ITA as per point no.1

Though you are on a vacation you are still employed. The point here is you should be able to show to CIC that you were employed for these two years

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks.

Can anyone throw some light on how Ontario identifies candidates who intend to reside in the province, and offers them a Notification of Interest (NOI)? How do they know if a candidate has family ties, friends or professional networks in Ontario?
No one is aware of any defined rule that ONIP applies to pick candidates. Nevertheless they pick candidates above 400 score and ask everyone to recreate profile so that their search is made easy. Criteria might depend on their NOC requirement. For instance they picked candidates below 400 score this year for specified period from specific stream which shows that they take candidates based on their deficit

Last edited:
Reactions: andieangel

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum since 73rd ray of hope.

I have one doubt regarding the job reference letter. What is it's validity?
Suppose i get this letter today and i receive an ITA in next 6 months and my position at company remains same. Will that letter work?
This depends on the officer. If he is not convinced he may ask you to submit an updated reference letter

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks.

How do we edit our EE profile to uncheck other provinces and select only Ontario or all provinces? I've checked several provinces in my profile an would like to uncheck some.
login through you GC key and click view submitted application. Here u can make changes. Once u make changes u need to sign electronically for the change to be transmitted. These changes may take upto 24 hrs sometimes to get updated. If u r expecting an ITA today(if there is a draw) do not do it today

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Friends lets share some hope, I have done some simple math to get some mathematical insight on the CRS cut off expectation. As per the published target for the next 3 years IRCC has set 564,900 Economic class targets. If we assume 3 immigrants per ITA then they have to issue around 188,350 ITAs over the next 3 years. As per the past statistics around 30% ITAs get declined annually. To compensate these declined ITAs they have to add around 81,000 ITAs extra which will make the total expected ITAs around 270,000 for next three year.

188,350+81,000 = 270,350

30% declined ITA= 80,805

270,350-80,805 = 188,545 ITAs (target for this period)

If we want to have 3500 ITAs per draw then we should have minimum 25 draws annually means they must do biweekly draws without any gaps. My calculation is based on their actual target which has an upper limit too and about 4-5% applications get rejected. So number of ITAs to be issued should be larger than my calculation.

Now, we all know if every draw invites 3500 candidates without any missing week and few extra draws in between then the CRS cut will fall to 400 and below very soon. I believe majority with minimum 67 FSW eligibility points will get invitation in these three years. The above mention facts indicate a CRS cut off could reach a range within this target period which we are unable to think of now, perhaps 350!

No point to hope illogically, but if there is a strong logic exist then no harm to keep a High Hope! :rolleyes::rolleyes::)
I like your logic; however, I think you are missing the fluctuation of scores (by age, English exams, work experience, etc.) and new candidate's profiles that change the pool size hence the CRS cut-off.
But there's no harm to keep the positive vibe in our ROH! :)

arunk0811

Sep 4, 2017
Hello Everyone:

My CRS score is 483 and I am filling my express entry profile now. Just had two queries in "Education History section.
1) Should I mention my "current education" as well? I am currently pursuing a 2 year course of which i have just completed 11 months. Shall I mention this in my "Education History" section?

2) My one year diploma is in Accountancy. So shall I select "Commerce & Business" or "Others" as the Field of study under "Education History"?
Thanks a lot!

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Hello everyone, while creating EE profile, if we check all Provinces rather than Ontario only, does it affect to get NOI ? My noc code is 2282 (IT Professional )Please advise on it.
Ontario is included in all. Hence no issues. I've received noi after selecting all

Reactions: Saidkhan

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Jun 17, 2016 at 7:47 AM

Hi All

Still no luck. Sitting at 475 and thinking of increasing the score.

That was from “36th ray of hope”
A lot happened in a year.. back than people did not even dare to dream a significant drop on CRS...
So guys if you are above 400’s there is plenty hope around..

Edit : above statement was not mine ... it is just an example to make a point...
all the best :)

Last edited: