+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
It is a different number, not your WES reference number so you won't be able to claim points without WES.
What if without my spouse's wes also, if I fall within cut off what then? Will I receive ITA or still have to wait for his wes completion?

This arises my another doubt, whether my spouse's WES is mandatory if I am getting enough points myself? Will it affect anyhow to him while getting a job in Canada or in any other scenario if his wes is not done?

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I have been married but have not done any name changes. Still all my documents and passport has a Miss with my initial family name. Hence, for ielts also, I have given the same name. Is this going to be of any problem or marriage certificate suffices even if I have no name change done?
In my passport also, spouse name is not there it is the way it was before my marriage. Please suggest.

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
What if without my spouse's wes also, if I fall within cut off what then? Will I receive ITA or still have to wait for his wes completion?

This arises my another doubt, whether my spouse's WES is mandatory if I am getting enough points myself? Will it affect anyhow to him while getting a job in Canada or in any other scenario if his wes is not done?
It is not mandatory to get your spouse's education evaluated. It of course helps in increasing your points so you can get and accept ITA without ECA being done.

Reactions: Reshma Asrani

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have been married but have not done any name changes. Still all my documents and passport has a Miss with my initial family name. Hence, for ielts also, I have given the same name. Is this going to be of any problem or marriage certificate suffices even if I have no name change done?
In my passport also, spouse name is not there it is the way it was before my marriage. Please suggest.
Marriage certificate is enough.

MippiShick

Nov 8, 2017
More

Moreover, wes reference Num is generated on creating and submitting a wes profile for evaluation. I believe I might be able to create an express entry profile in that case, but as you said until the wes is completed, I might have to wait for receiving ITA (despite of falling within the CRS cut off?)
When your spouse's ECA is completed by WES, you will receive an email with your WES reference number. This reference number ends with IMM. You will need to include this Reference number in your EE profile.

Yes, you will receive ITA if your CRS falls within the cut-off.

Reactions: Hassan.Fahm

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Marriage certificate must be in English or French. If not, please get it translated and notarised

Reactions: Hassan.Fahm

sandy.y

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
I don't think it would be a problem at all. A lot of people don't change their name after marriage.

Reactions: saimurali88

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
I don't think it would be a problem at all. A lot of people don't change their name after marriage.
Me the same case. My wife dint change the name

Reactions: saimurali88

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019

As explained by our learned members that you would require ECA Ref Number without that you cannot claim points. How much will impact your score can you please advise.

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I
As explained by our learned members that you would require ECA Ref Number without that you cannot claim points. How much will impact your score can you please advise.
would be 8-10 points less if my spouse's wes is not done. I have fingers crossed for tomorrow's ielts results.

Talk2jt

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
My IELTS score will be coming out on 24th Nov (tomorrow), and based on that if my CRS turns out to be 450 (as I expect), and if I create an express entry application on 25th Nov, will I be eligible to be selected in the draw on 29th Nov(if it happens as is speculated). From what I assume, CRS is going down to 430 and if I have 450, will I be selected in 4 days time span only or there is some time one needs to wait in the pool?
There is no time to be in the pool to get an ITA. Once you are in the pool and you meet or pass the cutoff then you are fine. The only time the duration/time in the pool comes to play is if your score is the same as the crs draw cutoff, then the tie breaker rule comes to play. So consideration will based on those who submitted their profile on or before a certain time.

Reactions: Mithu3

Talk2jt

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi. No you CANNOT create an Express Entry profile without your spouse's WES reference number. And you CANNOT receive an ITA without your spouse's ECA.

To be on the safe side, I suggest you wait till the WES is completed.
I do disagree with this. My friend got his ITA while they were still awaiting his wife's ECA from WES. The only thing is you can't claim points for her education but you can be in the pool.

Reactions: Saidkhan and Mithu3

Talk2jt

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017

Dear Friend,

You won't be able to claim points for your wife's ECA but you can be in the pool. And if your score in the pool meets the crs cut off, you will get your ITA and you can go ahead and process without having to wait for her ECA. You wouldn't need it any more be

Reactions: Nabs17