TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
We are at 428, and gonna drop to 423 next month. There's little i can do to improve my score - IELTS was 9,9,9,8.5
Will need to wait till next February when my spouse becomes eligible and we bounce back to 463.
Hi,

You never know what will happen, so you still have a good chance. If not just start preparing as February is not far away at all.

All the best

Amy H

Jun 27, 2017
Im PNP outland PR candidate, just got rejected by CIC for incompleteness of police check report. Now creating EE profile again, that's devastating : ( . My company is waiting for my PR to transfer me to Canada branch. But now it seems to be badly delayed. Please advise me if I can apply for Temporary Resident Visa to go to Canada for business trip about 4 months while reapplying PR?

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi all,

We have finally received IELTS score and our CRS score (473) is enough to get us ITA in the next draw. I have started collating documents for application but I have few concerns. I will appreciate if experienced members on this forum can help me with the following questions.

1 - I did not receive the original evaluation report from WES. However, I have downloaded a PDF report from my account on WES website and the report includes all the details. My understanding is that evaluation report is sent to CIC directly and they only need report number from us. So, we can submit the PDF report downloaded from WES website. Can you please advise if that PDF report would be enough or we need to order a duplicate report? If we have to get duplicate reports, then can you please tell me how long it would take and how much it would cost?There are two reports, one for me and other one for my spouse and we don't live in Canada/US.

2 - I am from Pakistan but I live in an other country. I got my medical done few months ago and there is one error in the report, in "Issuing Country of Passport" section the doctor has written the country of my residence, not Pakistan. All other details of the passport ( passport no., date of issue, date of expiry) are correct. Will the CIC accept if I explain it to them or will this be an issue?

3- What do you normally write in letter of explanation? Does anyone of you have format?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi all,

We have finally received IELTS score and our CRS score (473) is enough to get us ITA in the next draw. I have started collating documents for application but I have few concerns. I will appreciate if experienced members on this forum can help me with the following questions.

1 - I did not receive the original evaluation report from WES. However, I have downloaded a PDF report from my account on WES website and the report includes all the details. My understanding is that evaluation report is sent to CIC directly and they only need report number from us. So, we can submit the PDF report downloaded from WES website. Can you please advise if that PDF report would be enough or we need to order a duplicate report? If we have to get duplicate reports, then can you please tell me how long it would take and how much it would cost?There are two reports, one for me and other one for my spouse and we don't live in Canada/US.

2 - I am from Pakistan but I live in an other country. I got my medical done few months ago and there is one error in the report, in "Issuing Country of Passport" section the doctor has written the country of my residence, not Pakistan. All other details of the passport ( passport no., date of issue, date of expiry) are correct. Will the CIC accept if I explain it to them or will this be an issue?

3- What do you normally write in letter of explanation? Does anyone of you have format?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Firstly, Many Congratulations on this stupendous CRS score.

I'm also in the process of gathering documents (received ITA on 4 October 2017), and shall try to answer some of your questions-

1. The PDF copy should do fine. However, the hard-copy has a stamp (in black color) toward the lower right-hand side.
2. So, what's the right one- was your passport issued in Pakistan or your present country of residence? If it's the former, I'd advise to get another one, it at all possible. If not, leverage the 'LOE' option.
3. No format for LOE- however, the ground rules of writing any professional letter shall apply. Be respectful, explain succinctly, and request them what you need. They appreciate brevity and the LOE shouldn't be more 2-3 pages long.

All the best !

steff_dem

May 4, 2017
Im PNP outland PR candidate, just got rejected by CIC for incompleteness of police check report. Now creating EE profile again, that's devastating : ( . My company is waiting for my PR to transfer me to Canada branch. But now it seems to be badly delayed. Please advise me if I can apply for Temporary Resident Visa to go to Canada for business trip about 4 months while reapplying PR?
Did you give a letter of explanation for the incompleteness of your police check report at the time of submitting your documents. With regards to temporary resident visa i will check and let you know

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Firstly, Many Congratulations on this stupendous CRS score.

I'm also in the process of gathering documents (received ITA on 4 October 2017), and shall try to answer some of your questions-

1. The PDF copy should do fine. However, the hard-copy has a stamp (in black color) toward the lower right-hand side.
2. So, what's the right one- was your passport issued in Pakistan or your present country of residence? If it's the former, I'd advise to get another one, it at all possible. If not, leverage the 'LOE' option.
3. No format for LOE- however, the ground rules of writing any professional letter shall apply. Be respectful, explain succinctly, and request them what you need. They appreciate brevity and the LOE shouldn't be more 2-3 pages long.

All the best !

Congrats on getting ITA and thanks for your detailed response.

1 - My wife read somewhere that its necessary to submit scanned copy of the original report and PDF copy is not acceptable. It doesn't make sense to me as they already have the original copy of our evaluation which was sent to them by WES. I can apply for duplicate report if that's really required. but I don't want to spend $100-200 if its not necessary. I was wondering if someone has seen similar case before or have received any response from CIC on this issue.

2- The country in that section should be Pakistan as that's the issuing country. It should not be my present country of residence. I have tried to contact the doctor to get this corrected but I think there is no option to change the information once the report has been submitted by them. I can do it again but its very expensive in the country I live in (costs around US$500). That's why I am trying to find the way to deal with this.

I have one more question - In Pakistan, we get PCC from city where we have lived in and the certificate mentions the time we have lived in that city for (e.g. from Jan 2004 to Dec 2010). Do we need to get PCC from all the cities we have lived in from 18 years age or PCC from city where we last lived is sufficient? Is there anyone from Pakistan who knows about this?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Congrats on getting ITA and thanks for your detailed response.

1 - My wife read somewhere that its necessary to submit scanned copy of the original report and PDF copy is not acceptable. It doesn't make sense to me as they already have the original copy of our evaluation which was sent to them by WES. I can apply for duplicate report if that's really required. but I don't want to spend $100-200 if its not necessary. I was wondering if someone has seen similar case before or have received any response from CIC on this issue.

2- The country in that section should be Pakistan as that's the issuing country. It should not be my present country of residence. I have tried to contact the doctor to get this corrected but I think there is no option to change the information once the report has been submitted by them. I can do it again but its very expensive in the country I live in (costs around US$500). That's why I am trying to find the way to deal with this.

I have one more question - In Pakistan, we get PCC from city where we have lived in and the certificate mentions the time we have lived in that city for (e.g. from Jan 2004 to Dec 2010). Do we need to get PCC from all the cities we have lived in from 18 years age or PCC from city where we last lived is sufficient? Is there anyone from Pakistan who knows about this?
I'm not from Pakistan, but I'm *fairly sure* I've read posts on this forum where persons' applications were denied because their Pakistan PCC only covered one city, as opposed to everywhere they had lived since they were 18.

Regarding the WES Report, on occasion, the details in the hardcopy report (e.g. the reporting date) have differed from the PDF soft copy we download from our WES accounts. IRCC appears to go by the details on the hardcopy, which is why it's always preferable to go by and upload the hardcopy if you have it.

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
I'm not from Pakistan, but I'm *fairly sure* I've read posts on this forum where persons' applications were denied because their Pakistan PCC only covered one city, as opposed to everywhere they had lived since they were 18.

Regarding the WES Report, on occasion, the details in the hardcopy report (e.g. the reporting date) have differed from the PDF soft copy we download from our WES accounts. IRCC appears to go by the details on the hardcopy, which is why it's always preferable to go by and upload the hardcopy if you have it.
Thanks for your response.

I will get the PCC from all the cities I and my wife have lived in since 18 years age. Do we need to get the PCC for cities we lived in before 18 years age?

Regarding WES report, do you know what's the best way to contact WES and to get the duplicate evaluation reports quickly for lowest possible cost? Would it make any difference if we get the reports delivered to someone in Canada/US? I have tried calling WES several times but unfortunately their customer services is probably one of the worst customer services I have received so far.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

I will get the PCC from all the cities I and my wife have lived in since 18 years age. Do we need to get the PCC for cities we lived in before 18 years age?

Regarding WES report, do you know what's the best way to contact WES and to get the duplicate evaluation reports quickly for lowest possible cost? Would it make any difference if we get the reports delivered to someone in Canada/US? I have tried calling WES several times but unfortunately their customer services is probably one of the worst customer services I have received so far.
I don't think you need anything before 18 years of age, per IRCC's website, and I haven't personally seen any accounts of people who were rejected for not doing so, but you may want to refer to an actual citizen/resident of Pakistan for this one :)

I think if you're ordering a duplicate report, you have to go through the same channels as when you ordered your original report (i.e. through your account). I'm pretty sure that's what Customer Support will tell you to do. However, if you NEVER received your report, that might be a different matter - I would recommend reaching out to WES Customer Support through Facebook messaging - I had the most success with them when I contacted them in that way.

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

You dont need pcc for any place before 18 years of age.
With every application, WES sends a hard copy original in mail to the address mentioned in your application. If you chose regular mail and a Pakistan address, it will take atleast 20 days from the date of online report to reach you. I would suggest you to wait for 30 days and In case you dont receive the original by then, you can always request for a duplicate for a fee as mentioned by other members.
Best of luck.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I won't lie, I was expecting the score to rise with the 2,800 ITAs per draw, but I had the hope that it wouldn't happen.

I expect the score to drop in the coming months with the 2018 quota, but this draw and the lack of news about the OINP is discouraging for me.

But let's see what the next draw brings to us!

@qwerty69 Hi, as I believe you might be in the OINP range for PR, do you have any idea when OINP can open? I mean is there any hope during the next 2 months, or it will go to the 2018 session? thanks

Br

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
we r at 429. My spouse received IELTS results today, with w-6.5. she has speaking - 8.5. So, we are thinking to file for a remark. Can you advise if it is a good idea? We anyways plan to retake in December again as if we can improve .5 in listening, we will get 2 more points.
Guys!!!! any recommendations on IELTS remark?