+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 74th Draw

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Draw Date Prediction - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-72nd-draw.516087/page-50#post-6355354

Draw 72 (Sept 20) and Draw 73 (Oct 4) dates were accurately predicted.

Based on the current trend of draws occurring, I am predicting the remaining draw dates for 2017:

Draw 74: Oct 18
Draw 75: Nov 1
Draw 76: Nov 8
Draw 77: Nov 22
Draw 78: Dec 6
Draw 79: Dec 20

I am expecting 6 more draws in 2017.
Hi @Abishek_89 .. I've been following your predictions and it's interesting how close they are. Just want to know if there is any background information or patterns your basing this on, especially for draw 76 (a consecutive draw in second week).

We're sitting at 430. If my spouse resits for ielts and improves score just a little, we could soar up to the 450s. We're also going to lose 5 points on Nov 19. But we're also tempted to wait out another month and not pay for another ielts test. But then the fear of missing our on an ITA this year looms back, as we are planning to do landing next summer 2018 if at all possible! So we may even jump on an OINP wagon (which is more costly than redoing the ielts)...

albert648

Oct 2, 2017
If all goes to plan and WES finally gets its act together (and hurries up and completes my ECA), I suppose there's a good chance I'm looking at Draw # 75-76...the 438 cutoff is awfully close to my score of 441. :eek:

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Question to everyone: I've had 6 jobs in the past 10 years. I've spent less than one year at one job (8 months), the rest where all more than a year. I've listed all jobs I've had in my profile. Do the years/month add up for different jobs, or should I remove the jobs where I spent less than a year? I was under the impression that experience months/years add up. Thanks.

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
If all goes to plan and WES finally gets its act together (and hurries up and completes my ECA), I suppose there's a good chance I'm looking at Draw # 75-76...the 438 cutoff is awfully close to my score of 441. :eek:
Ah.. don't worry, you'll get an ITA as soon as your ECA is out if 441 is your score.

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Question to everyone: I've had 6 jobs in the past 10 years. I've spent less than one year at one job (8 months), the rest where all more than a year. I've listed all jobs I've had in my profile. Do the years/month add up for different jobs, or should I remove the jobs where I spent less than a year? I was under the impression that experience months/years add up. Thanks.
I am asking because I find information here in pink confusing and contradictory .. this is information found under the Document " Application Guide: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream", p.5 (but should apply to any FSWP I think):

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, you must be able to demonstrate that your work experience meets the following requirements:
Work experience was continuous and at least one year in length,
o Note: Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.​
 Work experience was full-time (minimum of 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1,560 hours) or the equivalent in part-time (minimum of 15 hours/week for 24 months or 30 hours/week for 12 months in multiple concurrent jobs = 1,560 hours),
 Work experience was paid (volunteer work and unpaid internships do not count),  Work experience was in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC),
 At least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation, and
 Work experience was obtained within the last five years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario.

Note: Your continuous full-time or part-time work experience may consist of multiple back-to-back jobs with the same or different employer(s) (with no gap in between) provided that at least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation and you included this occupation as your primary NOC in your Express Entry profile.

--

In my situation, it's not my primary NOC, and not back-to-back. Not even in the past 5 years.

So, should I remove the first job that's under one year? Or will it matter if I leave it, but not provide a reference letter for it|?

Last edited:

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I am asking because I find information here in pink confusing and contradictory .. this is information found under the Document " Application Guide: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream", p.5 (but should apply to any FSWP I think):

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, you must be able to demonstrate that your work experience meets the following requirements:
Work experience was continuous and at least one year in length,
o Note: Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.​
 Work experience was full-time (minimum of 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1,560 hours) or the equivalent in part-time (minimum of 15 hours/week for 24 months or 30 hours/week for 12 months in multiple concurrent jobs = 1,560 hours),
 Work experience was paid (volunteer work and unpaid internships do not count),  Work experience was in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC),
 At least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation, and
 Work experience was obtained within the last five years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario.

Note: Your continuous full-time or part-time work experience may consist of multiple back-to-back jobs with the same or different employer(s) (with no gap in between) provided that at least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation and you included this occupation as your primary NOC in your Express Entry profile.

--

In my situation, it's not my primary NOC, and not back-to-back. Not even in the past 5 years.

So, should I remove the first job that's under one year? Or will it matter if I leave it, but not provide a reference letter for it|?
Calculate the number of years you need to maximise your CRS score (use the calculator), and then only show that work experience under work history. But make sure that the work experience you enter here has at least 1 year continuous experience (could be multiple jobs but with no break in the middle) in the NOC that you have applied under.
This way you only have to provide documents for this job. All other employments can be shown under personal history in the post ITA forms for which you wont have to privide proof.
If you give all employments under work details, you will have to provide documentation for all Jobs which is going to be a lengthy and fruitless exercise.
Hope that helps
Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: am102

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hi all ,

#Indian residing in UAE
#Age : 28
#NOC : 1123
#CRS : 403

IELTS ( First attempt ) : L:7.5 R:6 W:7.5 S:8
IELTS ( Second Attempt ) :L:9 R:6 W:6.5 S:8

CLB 9 minimum will take my score to 469 & I feel dreadful to sit again for IELTS which is for the 3rd time

Any advice ....? TIA

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hi all ,

#Indian residing in UAE

CLB 9 minimum will take my score to 469 & I feel dreadful to sit again for IELTS which is for the 3rd time

Any advice ....? TIA
Improve your score by IELTS or Try appearing in CELPIP in Dubai Silicon Oasis.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi all ,

#Indian residing in UAE

Any advice ....? TIA
As it's clear from your scores that you need improvement in reading and writing, i would suggest you not to register for IELTS again unless you spend couple of weeks of good practice. Entering in Pool with improved CRS is the only way for your score to get IT soon.

NandiniAS

Sep 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-06-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Hello All!!
I have few questions w.r.t. the Work History.
I have close to 4 years of experience and held 3 different designations, but all performing the same duties

Developer I -
Developer II -
Developer III -

1. Should I mention all designations as 3 rows in my Work History on my EE profile?
2. Do I need to mention the the roles and responsibilities separately against each designation, even though they all match against the same NOC ? Currently I have prepared one experience letter showing CIC requested details like , salary, Work hours, start and end dates, 3 designations held etc, but have a single section for Roles and Responsibilities.

3. For my spouse, we are not claiming any points for Foreign work history. So I removed them from Dependant Work History section. How do I add them to personal history , does this option available only after receiving ITA ?

Thanks.

Oct 8, 2017
Hello,
my CRS is 434. Expecting ITA in next draw. I am staying in Canada right now from last 2.8 years and been to india for 3 weeks earlier this year. My question is can i apply for PCC right now? As it takes 2-4 weeks.If i get one how long is it valid? Is it good idea to apply now? Or should i wait for my ITA.(I have no plans visiting india for anither year).Please advice.

thanks in advance.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi all ,

#Indian residing in UAE

Any advice ....? TIA
Bud, persistence and tenacity is the key here- I was at 369 weeks ago and retook my IELTS which bumped up my scores to 444 (Thanks to my spouse also who took the test).

Hey, you also got the age in your favour- use it to your advantage ! I'm 35 (hitting 36 this December) and only had the IELTS Scores as an option to get the ITA.

All the best !

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello,
my CRS is 434. Expecting ITA in next draw. I am staying in Canada right now from last 2.8 years and been to india for 3 weeks earlier this year. My question is can i apply for PCC right now? As it takes 2-4 weeks.If i get one how long is it valid? Is it good idea to apply now? Or should i wait for my ITA.(I have no plans visiting india for anither year).Please advice.

thanks in advance.
Please go ahead and get the Indian PCC- it's valid as long as you don't get to India before receipt of the ITA ! Let's just hope that you get the much-coveted ITA in one of the upcoming draw(s) !!!

Reactions: gurpreet.ts
Oct 8, 2017
Hello Seniors,

I have graduated from canadian college. and right now i am working in canada from last one year. My question is since i have job (NO LMIA) and working in canada under NOC 2232.Do i still have to show proof of funds in my bank account? Please advice me.

Thank you.

Brandon Stark

Sep 20, 2017
I think there won't be any draw on Oct 11 although I hope it happens. We need consecutive draws to lower the points and most importantly to lift are spirits. After talking to my lawyer and looking at some graphs, consecutive draws in November are virtually guaranteed but I want it to happen soon.