AOR Received.
28-12-2017
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-12-2018
Hi, do you materials for practising Listening too. A friend of mine needs help. Can you please share with her.
aparnashanker2015@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
Hi, listening practice can be found online and on YouTube...check
. They upload daily. Try to aim for minimum of 35/40 as that would fetch you an 8(I did this while practising and scored 8.5 in the actual test) Avoid distractions, don't pause the video and practice, practice and practice.

Success

Last edited:
Reactions: Rise and shine

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello, I am a newbie in this forum. I got L-8.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-6 on IELTS this month. My current CRS score is 380 (406 if I do not include my wife to accompain me to Canada). I have few questions I need expert opinion on:
1) Should I do WES evaluation now or should I take IELTS again (Basically what I am asking is do I have chance with 406 score if I wait 5-6 months for either Ontario or FSW category. If yes, I would like to Not to take IELTS again as my writing is really poor. Previously also got 6 on IELTS writing and 3.5 on GRE writing).FYI, my grad degree is from reputed US university so WES should go smooth.
2) Can I expect Ontario PNP to open in next 4-5 months?
3) Also, anyone know the best IELTS Writing resources I can utilize?
Hi,

Your other scores are pretty good. I would say give IELTS another go, it will boost your score significantly.

ieltsliz.com and engvid.com

Get WES done now, its valid for 5 years.

All the best

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hello, I am a newbie in this forum. I got L-8.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-6 on IELTS this month. My current CRS score is 380 (406 if I do not include my wife to accompain me to Canada). I have few questions I need expert opinion on:
1) Should I do WES evaluation now or should I take IELTS again (Basically what I am asking is do I have chance with 406 score if I wait 5-6 months for either Ontario or FSW category. If yes, I would like to Not to take IELTS again as my writing is really poor. Previously also got 6 on IELTS writing and 3.5 on GRE writing).FYI, my grad degree is from reputed US university so WES should go smooth.
2) Can I expect Ontario PNP to open in next 4-5 months?
3) Also, anyone know the best IELTS Writing resources I can utilize?
1) if you are definitely planning on pursuing EE application, then start the WES process immidiately. You cannot make a profile until you have an ECA (whether your wife is accompanying you or not).
If i were you i would try to apply with my wife as it is a much longer process later on to get your spousal visa seperately. I would try and get my writing test rechecked by ielts. Maybe youll get lucky and get a 7 which will improve your score tremendously.
2. OINP will open for sure. If there is some qouta left for this year then it will open within this calendar year, otherwise it will open early next year when 2018 qouta is available. However, please note that whenever it opens, it will be a short window and you need to be prepared ro file immidiately.
3. Read sample essays available on the net. And practice timed writing daily for atleast 3 weeks before the exam.
Best of luck.

msnprit

Aug 21, 2017
1) Should I do WES evaluation now or should I take IELTS again (Basically what I am asking is do I have chance with 406 score if I wait 5-6 months for either Ontario or FSW category. If yes, I would like to Not to take IELTS again as my writing is really poor. Previously also got 6 on IELTS writing and 3.5 on GRE writing).FYI, my grad degree is from reputed US university so WES should go smooth.- WES is valid for 5 yrs so go for it now as it will take 1 month minimum for evaluation
2) Can I expect Ontario PNP to open in next 4-5 months?- above 400 points you have a chance
3) Also, anyone know the best IELTS Writing resources I can utilize? https://www.ielts-exam.net/general_writing_samples_task_1/

FaithandFavor

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Hey guys,

So I took a second shot at IELTS on Sept. 09 and scores were better R-8, W-7, L-8,S-8. My CRS is now 419 and I loose 5points by Jan 2018. I'm eyeing OINP and is reading the requirements online so I can be prepared as soon as they reopen and I have a quick question. I am a Chartered Accountant in my home country and would need to do additional courses to gain reciprocal licence in Ontario....I understand that my profession is regulated so I want some clarity....Do I have to have membership with CPA Ontario before I can apply to OINP when the program reopens? I may not necessarily work in Public Accounting......I could work in