+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

J

jon-son

In fact it has, May 2017 had FIVE draws. And this year, draws have been breaking all records.
5 draws, but different pools of candidates. This is not what people hope for here.

Spring 2017 - USA announces tighter H1B cap --> more people added to EE pool.

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Well that draw was disappointing...

Really starting to think I should start looking at other countries as alternatives.. I can add maybe 5 points to my score but with 3 draws in a month and the last draws CRS going up it doesn't look like I'm going to get an ITA anytime soon and I can't justify the money and pain (IELTS) to get the extra 5 points with the score heading in the wrong direction.

Feeling pretty despondent right now
Hey Gavin
Dont you still have a NOI?

Reactions: trumprefugee
J

jon-son

Dear anonymous, thank you for joining us on 71st draw ROH thread, I'm wondering why with your such wisdom haven't you been here before? Like when points were dropping to 413 and spreading your realistic approach?
Hmmmm... let me think wisely... maybe I have just joint the EE pool? Nah, that's too obvious....

Thank you for your inputs and kicking people when they are down that is characteristic of a true politeness, postivism and hope which are true pillars of this community.
You're always welcome!

Let me ask you few things first? Do you know what is qouta for immigration for 2017 and 2018? Do you know that there are separate categories for economic immigrants, refugees, PNP and family sponsorship? Do you know how big Canada is and opportunities there for hard working people?
Quotas do exists, but they change as the global situation changes. A year ago no one was foreseeing illegal immigrants from the US coming to Canada, or Middle East refugees. Moreover, even if quotas are set, what about CRS? You really believe that H1B expats won't affect future cut-off scores?

Thank you also for your suggestion to try immigrating to another country seems you know what's best for everyone of us here. Good to have you around! And since you are know it all please enlighten me about the true meaning of a troll?
I've been reading that some people have been waiting for 2 years with scores below 400. That's plain... irrational. I am definitely not going to wait that long. And I did not suggest people should go somewhere else, I suggested they should keep other options open. Lunacy is speaking through you, I am staying rational.

P.S. I like you to.
Me too, to!

arunroy007

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Virginia Beach
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
IELTS Request
06-25-2016
Thanks, I really appreciate this.

I think it's important to note that most who have decided to enter the Express Entry process in Canada have already determined that the situation in their home country is such that they may never get ahead, never thrive, or never escape political/social turmoil. It takes a great deal of realism and/or pessimism to arrive at this conclusion. I doubt that many who are waiting need a reality check or a cold shower. We know the road is rough. Instead, prayers, patience, and hope seem a better prescription — and are far more helpful for those who wish to press forward, even against the odds.

This is a "Ray Of Hope" thread and everyone here is desperate to get to their dream country for the reasons you have said. Yes, things might not always come our way but hope and persistence is what would take you through these rough times. Hope does not go along with pessimism or negative realism. It comes with optimism and encouragement from others and especially from friends sailing in the same boat. That is why each one of us have come to this place to share our experiences and to encourage others. Many of us here have been sailing together through good times and bad. We have seen draws happening back to back, scores dropping to 413 (which if you were following a year back would have never thought of happening in the near future); we also have seen long waits like the one for 66th draw and scores going back up. But I would like to believe every time that scores will go down and keep my hopes up and share positive thoughts rather than crying around. No one among us know when the next draw will be or what score could be so rather than thinking negatively, I like to be optimistic even if I get disappointed on the draw date. Its like I want to be positive and happy for the 2 weeks against the 1 day if the draw is bad against crying all 2 week and getting pleased once the draw is out.

J

jon-son

Thank you for your big words.

I got an ITA on hand, an e-APR ready to submit and I am still a crazy delusional optimist looking forward for a draw every week. And here are the facts I know:

1) Whoever wants to immigrate to Canada will undergo the same process as we are. Canada's immigration system is based on merits and not on where one comes from. The EE pool is dynamic, it is a come and go system. Who had ever thought cut-off would come down to 413 (yes, it is not 415)? Did you see it coming? But we did. And it will happen again.
When were H1B changes announced? And how is it going to affect CRS?

4) What is your source that OINP quota is already full and it is not resuming sending out NOIs?
Posted in some other thread here, link to some Ontario government official, who stated that verbally.

PS. I am old here and I don't like you. Just my 2 cents. :)
Keep them, your survival may depend on them.