+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 71st Draw!

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Seniors please advise,

When you check the CRS calculator, for work experience it show 1, 2, 3 or more years and you get a score after completing all questions.

Now on completing the EE profile you get a score with few points higher than what you saw when calculating CRS. Could this be explained please.

The situation is the applicant’s work experience is 2 years and 9 months, So for CRS score you choose 2 years and get a score ,when same details are entered in EE profile you get a score higher.why?

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I got my ITA but have to decline it since I made a mistake with my calculations. I still need 16 days to meet 1 year MEC. The EE system gave me credit for full month I thought that is fine. Now I did some digging and figured out that it must be 1 year at the time of submission :(. I have 2040 hrs which is more than 1530 hrs they mentioned but need 16 days :(.

Is it ok to decline it and withdraw my application and create another EE account after 16 days? I will be eligible on September 10th, probably will have the ITA on second draw of September, finger crossed.
As far as i know, All you need to do is decline the ITA, and you will automatically go back to the pool as a candidate for the next round.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I got my ITA but have to decline it since I made a mistake with my calculations. I still need 16 days to meet 1 year MEC. The EE system gave me credit for full month I thought that is fine. Now I did some digging and figured out that it must be 1 year at the time of submission :(. I have 2040 hrs which is more than 1530 hrs they mentioned but need 16 days :(.

Is it ok to decline it and withdraw my application and create another EE account after 16 days? I will be eligible on September 10th, probably will have the ITA on second draw of September, finger crossed.
I wish that wisdom had dawned on you lot earlier...
There are ppl who waited for years.....
it will be a great justice to urself and lot many others if you'd first run through whole lot of documentation before getting back into draw...
esp PCC / funds / work exp letters ...
it is okay to have ur pcc taken well in advance...
just my thoughts...an ita is very precious ...I'm sure you too must be feeling terrible about it...

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys! GUYS!!! Most of you are overly optimistic regarding future draws and you deserve a cold shower. You seem to have been ignoring the basic and wildly know facts, so here they are:

1. With Trump at the helm it is much harder now to secure a tech job in the US. H1B pool has been reduced and the whole process made less friendly, same with employment based green cards. Where do you think all those applicants plan to go in the future? I bet most will try Canada now. Those H1B changes were announced this spring (when CRS 415 meant an ITA), and what is the cut-off score now?

2. Canada is accepting thousands of refugees from the Middle East. No objection to that move, just stating the fact.

3. Thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing US-Canada border monthly and Canada is not sending them back.

4. Ontario already announced no more NOI's in the upcoming months (this is separate from putting new application admissions on hold). They are full.

The total number of immigrants/refugees Canada can accept is finite and more people here will mean fewer people there. Because at the end of the day (read "year") it has to balance out.

Summarizing, I am not expecting the CRS to drop significantly or the number of ITA's to increase highly later this year. In fact I predict that it will never be as easy as to get an ITA as it was in the first half of 2017 (scores 41x). So if you have chances to settle down in other countries, it might not be a bad idea to reconsider them.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I am new here but I like you all :)
Dear anonymous, thank you for joining us on 71st draw ROH thread, I'm wondering why with your such wisdom haven't you been here before? Like when points were dropping to 413 and spreading your realistic approach?

Thank you for your inputs and kicking people when they are down that is characteristic of a true politeness, postivism and hope which are true pillars of this community.

Let me ask you few things first? Do you know what is qouta for immigration for 2017 and 2018? Do you know that there are separate categories for economic immigrants, refugees, PNP and family sponsorship? Do you know how big Canada is and opportunities there for hard working people?

Thank you also for your suggestion to try immigrating to another country seems you know what's best for everyone of us here. Good to have you around! And since you are know it all please enlighten me about the true meaning of a troll?

P.S. I like you to.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Guys! GUYS!!! Most of you are overly optimistic regarding future draws and you deserve a cold shower. You seem to have been ignoring the basic and wildly know facts, so here they are:

1. With Trump at the helm it is much harder now to secure a tech job in the US. H1B pool has been reduced and the whole process made less friendly, same with employment based green cards. Where do you think all those applicants plan to go in the future? I bet most will try Canada now. Those H1B changes were announced this spring (when CRS 415 meant an ITA), and what is the cut-off score now?

2. Canada is accepting thousands of refugees from the Middle East. No objection to that move, just stating the fact.

3. Thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing US-Canada border monthly and Canada is not sending them back.

4. Ontario already announced no more NOI's in the upcoming months (this is separate from putting new application admissions on hold). They are full.

The total number of immigrants/refugees Canada can accept is finite and more people here will mean fewer people there. Because at the end of the day (read "year") it has to balance out.

Summarizing, I am not expecting the CRS to drop significantly or the number of ITA's to increase highly later this year. In fact I predict that it will never be as easy as to get an ITA as it was in the first half of 2017 (scores 41x). So if you have chances to settle down in other countries, it might not be a bad idea to reconsider them.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I am new here but I like you all :)
You like us all?
But we deserve a cold shower.

Keep talking man, very convincing arguments... NOT.

Refugees and illegal inmigrants are not Economic Inmigration (which is the kind of inmigration they expect to attract with the EE system), that's all I'm going to say, because I don't like to be a hater and honestly, you seem to be a pessimist.

Why would I think that?, you ask...

Because instead of suggesting people to change their life plans, you could have suggested that they make their CRS higher by studying french and/or getting a master's degree online on a credited university (which some only take 1 year).
But instead, you suggest the "easy" way out. (please note the sarcasm).

arunroy007

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Virginia Beach
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
IELTS Request
06-25-2016
Visiting "Ray of Hope" thread after a while. I see a lot of pessimism in the name of realism that is eclipsing our ray. At this point, I want you all to please go through an interesting post shared by our dear and long time member @Wandering Mind . Hope this brings some hope back to you.

A humble and heartfelt note to all the newbies on this thread who aren't aware of our "policies":

Please keep in mind that this is a Ray of Hope thread - we offer moral support and help to each other in every way we can while trying to keep a positive outlook even on the bleakest of situations.

We joke around because we want to keep things light hearted while we bite our nails and tear out our hair in frustration waiting for a draw week after week.

We make predictions based on nothing at all but pure wishful thinking.

We read (a lot) about current immigration regulations and trends on the IRCC website, this blog and elsewhere to keep up to date with news and how it would affect our chances of immigration to Canada.

We're very patient and nice people and we expect nothing but positivity and a sense of humor from fellow forum members.

We are here to help irrespective of nationality, race, religion, age, political views or gender and any offensive comments will be reported for deletion

And yes, a little bit of your own research would be very helpful to you before you ask a question that has been asked and answered a hundred times here.

Thank you for reading and welcome to the Ray of Hope.