Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My comrade, the post was not only inspirational but also insightful.
when do you think HCP will re-open ? Am guessing it won't take a while from now although the allocations will be low.
@andieangel I haven't known your timeline, Have you considered opting PNP route ?
I want to go to Alberta, no PNP for that province unfortunately...

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Already 13 pages, so many hopeful people over here. So pleased to read you all :)
@andieangel do not worry, you will get an ITA soon even though there is no PNP for Alberta. When you get to Canada and settle in Alberta we will taste your delicious barbecue and have some coffee too. ;)

PS: about invitation don't worry, we will invite ourselves, so we are without doubt self invitees :D:p:D

Last edited:

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Already 13 pages, so many hopeful people over here. So pleased to read you all :)
@andiangel do not worry, you will get an ITA soon even though there is no PNP for Alberta. When you get to Canada and settle in Alberta we will taste your delicious barbecue and have some coffee too. ;)

PS: about invitation don't worry, we will invite ourselves, so we are without doubt self invitees :D:p:D
I thought we will be staying at hers :p:p:cool:...now as you said we'll invite ourselves for the party at least

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Her scores are LRWS - 6, 5.5, 5.5, 6... I believe she can get to the 6.5 to 7 range with proper preparation .... :)
If she's willing, that's probably a good thing to do. CIC is definitely unpredictable. And improving English skills can never hurt.

J

jon-son

Guys! GUYS!!! Most of you are overly optimistic regarding future draws and you deserve a cold shower. You seem to have been ignoring the basic and wildly know facts, so here they are:

1. With Trump at the helm it is much harder now to secure a tech job in the US. H1B pool has been reduced and the whole process made less friendly, same with employment based green cards. Where do you think all those applicants plan to go in the future? I bet most will try Canada now. Those H1B changes were announced this spring (when CRS 415 meant an ITA), and what is the cut-off score now?

2. Canada is accepting thousands of refugees from the Middle East. No objection to that move, just stating the fact.

3. Thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing US-Canada border monthly and Canada is not sending them back.

4. Ontario already announced no more NOI's in the upcoming months (this is separate from putting new application admissions on hold). They are full.

The total number of immigrants/refugees Canada can accept is finite and more people here will mean fewer people there. Because at the end of the day (read "year") it has to balance out.

Summarizing, I am not expecting the CRS to drop significantly or the number of ITA's to increase highly later this year. In fact I predict that it will never be as easy as to get an ITA as it was in the first half of 2017 (scores 41x). So if you have chances to settle down in other countries, it might not be a bad idea to reconsider them.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I am new here but I like you all :)

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Guys! GUYS!!! Most of you are overly optimistic regarding future draws and you deserve a cold shower. You seem to have been ignoring the basic and wildly know facts, so here they are:

1. With Trump at the helm it is much harder now to secure a tech job in the US. H1B pool has been reduced and the whole process made less friendly, same with employment based green cards. Where do you think all those applicants plan to go in the future? I bet most will try Canada now. Those H1B changes were announced this spring (when CRS 415 meant an ITA), and what is the cut-off score now?

2. Canada is accepting thousands of refugees from the Middle East. No objection to that move, just stating the fact.

3. Thousands of illegal immigrants are crossing US-Canada border monthly and Canada is not sending them back.

4. Ontario already announced no more NOI's in the upcoming months (this is separate from putting new application admissions on hold). They are full.

The total number of immigrants/refugees Canada can accept is finite and more people here will mean fewer people there. Because at the end of the day (read "year") it has to balance out.

Summarizing, I am not expecting the CRS to drop significantly or the number of ITA's to increase highly later this year. In fact I predict that it will never be as easy as to get an ITA as it was in the first half of 2017 (scores 41x). So if you have chances to settle down in other countries, it might not be a bad idea to reconsider them.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow ...amazing ..... :)
in a way,we've all been blind...thank you ....
will you be able to suggest a suitable country...:(...I don't want to let my ielts & ECA to go waste:(...

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017

Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure people are going to get annoyed with you for saying this, but I think it's important to consider both sides when you are making life-altering decisions. I'm hoping it won't be quite this bad. But I think most people aren't being realistic.

There's a wisdom to hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

N00shD

Dec 19, 2016
I got my ITA but have to decline it since I made a mistake with my calculations. I still need 16 days to meet 1 year MEC. The EE system gave me credit for full month I thought that is fine. Now I did some digging and figured out that it must be 1 year at the time of submission :(. I have 2040 hrs which is more than 1530 hrs they mentioned but need 16 days :(.

Is it ok to decline it and withdraw my application and create another EE account after 16 days? I will be eligible on September 10th, probably will have the ITA on second draw of September, finger crossed.